Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dayday

Norwich v Leicester Pre Match Thread 28/08(3.00)

8 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Kasper

Ricardo

Amartey

Soyuncu

Bertrand or Timmy (depending on who is fit)

Albrighton

Ndidi

Tielemans

Barnes

Nacho

Daka

This, but with Vardy.  Didnt get a look in last night but looked sharp against Man City and Wolves.  Shouldn't be dropped for one dodgy game.

Brendan ditch your favourites and play others. I'm frustrated and fed up of Maddison and Perez. Kel deserves a start after his goals and heroics and quite frankly saving us many times!  You signed new players - play them! You have a strong bench that sits there game after game (Praet in particular). How are these players going to keep match fitness, confidence and build momentum if they don't play? Mix it up so it isn't so predictable to every opposing manager!

And for goodness sake make a sub before 60 minutes if needed!

Edited by Hales
  • Like 2

Norwich will be looking to get their season going after playing right into Man.City's hands ,do teams never learn, and they will consider us vulnerable. We have to be prepared for another physical game . Soumaré must play in this one and if necessary bring Hamza on . We have to show we are not a pushover or we are in for a disappointing season.

16 minutes ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

I’d be going

Kasper

Amartey    Ndidi    Soyuncu

Ricky P                          Thomas/Bertrand

Soumare     Youri     Dewsbury-Hall

Daka               Nacho

Thankfully you won't have a say in the matter.

• Haha 1

Kasper

Ricardo Vestergaard Soyuncu Bertrand

Tielemans Ndidi Maddison

Daka Vardy Barnes

Would like to see that front three given a go. Bags of pace. Ricardo expected to join in attacks with Bertrand tucking in, effectively making a 3-3-4. 

Get Maddison affecting games again by dropping into midfield, I felt as though the gap between Ndidi + Tielemans and Maddison was enormous at times yesterday with virtually all of West Ham's midfield having fun in the space.

• Like 3

I fear the back 3 is coming. Either Castagne playing as a right sided centre back or Ndidi dropping back in. 

Get on the ball and show some quality and we win this game, they are poor defensively so we should play with some authority. But no doubt we'll be slow and give them encouragement to put us under pressure. 

I'm not quite sure of our best team at the minute. The likes of Maddison and Barnes aren't on form and defensively we are all over the place. Is Vardy still deserving of a starting place?

I can't help but feel that Daka, Iheanacho, KDH and Soumare could bring the fresh impetus and zip this struggling side needs but at the expense of who and in what system? Its not as easy as we often make it out to be. I do think KDH's skill set could allow us to go 2 up top and lose a bit of width, he's got an unbelievable work rate and will do what he's told in whatever midfield role he's given. Likewise Soumare will give us more energy and ability on the ball, although he doesn't create much in the attacking 3rd and on paper we'd be less attacking than deploying Maddison, I wonder at this moment in time if that's not really a concern as we are fielding 4 attacking players but look toothless in front of goal as we've no supply line and solidarity behind them.

2 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Rodgers will prove he is capable and make necessary changes...

Norwich 1-3 Leicester

Iheanacho, Vardy and Barnes

Hope you’re right

My one nagging doubt is given the choice Brendan is invariably cautious & not a great one for change.

This is what he gets the big bucks for to turn it around, he has plenty of choice now.

I went yesterday & going Saturday & went Feb 2019 to Norwich, we need 6pts by the Int window!!!

• Like 1

Watched Barnes inc loans since he was a kid.

Hate to say it but we are more venerable and less threatening with him in the side in his current position.

Playing him wide left means we have to balance the side on the right with a player that will likely be worse than those on the bench be it an additional defender allowing proper wingbacks or a striker supporting a 35 year old.

We'd lost the game before a ball was kicked looking at our defence and a lone Vardy 

Harvey can pick the ball up centrally and run into the box with it better than any other player we have, how is he accommodated particularly when as likely we have 3/5 at back + 2 strikers

Could be an opportunity for Soumare and co. Some of the fringe players to come in a claim a place. Changes will have to be made and hopefully Vesty is fit to start, but I would change the formation and change the attacking options. 

Interesting to see what Brendan does.