Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dayday

Norwich v Leicester Pre Match Thread 28/08(3.00)

1 hour ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

I don't see how Daka and Vardy fit in the same team, and I'm sure Daka didn't give up Champions League football to sit on the bench. How Brendan manages this will be crucial.

Think we need to play Daka RW or he’s gonna need up like Musa

What I’m confused about is Nach was excellent between Feb & May, in fact probably top striker in the division.  Got us to the Cup final.

Had a 3 game stumble at the end & seems totally out of favour.

Yet we look limited up front.  Till 1-0 we were on top if without little firepower & we didn’t rip it up against Wolves.

TBF Ricky could get nothing going with AP in front of him, as he doesn’t move off the ball & his passes are always short.

Got a feeling we’ll have move on as a club by mid Sept when he is available again.

Also don’t understand what BR sees that 32k+ fans don’t in AP, he must have some pictures!!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lgfualol said:

These lot could actually beat us lol

I expect the same shite side, Albrighton in for Perez.

Can't wait.

Yeah, it'll be the same team with Albrighton in for Perez.  Look forward to even more pong between Dan, Cags, and Kasper because Norwich's press isn't as good as WHU's.

Edited by Deeg67

2 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

Generally our defence has been pretty decent since he's been here. It doesn't help that 3 of todays back 4 probably wouldn't play if everyone was fit. Amartey just isn't good enough, Thomas is inexperienced and needs experienced heads around him (we currently don't have any in defence) and Soyuncu has been a car crash for over a year. Castagne, Justin and Bertrand would all be ahead of Thomas if they were available/fully fit and Evans, Fofana and Vestergaard would be in ahead of Amartey and Soyuncu. If Fofana is going to miss most of the season and there are question marks over Evans long term fitness, I'd argue we need another cb more than a winger. The thought of regularly playing Soyuncu and/or Amartey makes me feel ill. 

All your points are valid but it feels like as a club all we are doing is buying new centre backs, every summer I hear we need a new centre back.  We have so many now, I think if we were to bring another in, it should be a loan.

Part of the problem is that if we not able to put the other team under pressure then we will be under pressure ourselves, so there needs to be investment up the other end of the pitch as well, and we have been waiting years for a new winger.

Edited by Chrysalis

1 hour ago, The boy Linacre said:

What I’m confused about is Nach was excellent between Feb & May, in fact probably top striker in the division.  Got us to the Cup final.

Had a 3 game stumble at the end & seems totally out of favour.

Yet we look limited up front.  Till 1-0 we were on top if without little firepower & we didn’t rip it up against Wolves.

TBF Ricky could get nothing going with AP in front of him, as he doesn’t move off the ball & his passes are always short.

Got a feeling we’ll have move on as a club by mid Sept when he is available again.

Also don’t understand what BR sees that 32k+ fans don’t in AP, he must have some pictures!!!

I think Nacho is a victim of Rodgers forcing his favourites into the team.  I personally think we better with two strikers on the pitch, but if we do that then we probably have no Maddison.

Edited by Chrysalis

The sad thing is, the best run Leicester has ever had in its history of 8 straight wins in late 2019 consisted on 9 of the starting 11 tonight:

Kasper

Ricardo Soyuncu Evans Chillwell

Ndidi Tielemens

Madders

Perez         Vardy     Barnes

Tonight only Amarty and Thomas were swapped with Evans and Chillwell from our greatest ever team based on consistency(to be honest, probably the best football I’ve ever watched us playing too).

The entire front 6 exactly the same yet we look a shadow of it all.

Vardy made it all tick up top but he’s not the same clearly. Madders imo feels like he’s already peaked and feels like he might never get to the levels it looked like he would at that time. Ricardo has had a serious injury, and despite I think personally has looked the best he’s had post injury in the past few games, remains to be seen if we’ll ever see that genuine world class level again. Barnes also looks to of not fully recovered either yet.

You start to wonder if our entire squad has had its arch peak and this could be the end of this group? I hope not.

As said previous Youri is key to us staying upwardly mobile and might be the deciding factor in showing Brendans limitations as a manager - we’ll genuinely struggle to get top half without Youri and the already out Fofana. Barring these few elite players, we really are a very average squad and are no better than anyone from West Ham, Leeds, Everton, Spurs, Villa. We are looking like a 7-12th place team when you take out 2/3 of our legit top 4 players.

The truth will be seen over the next few weeks I think. Norwich, Burnley, Brighton and Palace in our next 5 games(Along with City). Really we need 8 points at the least, maybe even 10 out of those 5 or I think this could be a very hard transition season.

• Like 1

We're playing Norwich.

I don't want to see Tielemans holding the best DM in the leagues hand for 90 minutes and getting in his way.

If Rodgers isn't going to let Ndidi anchor the midfield on his own, against Norwich, he might as well drop him altogether.

..................................Kasper

Ricardo.......Soyuncu.............Vestegaard.....Bertrand

...................................Ndidi

Praet..Tielemans...............KDH..Maddison

................................Iheanacho

KDH has to start 100%, lad showed so much desire pre-season, he has to make the 11 after the West Ham shambles.

Midfield needs a big shake up, and I want to see some actual movement off the ball.

Dropped Barnes, as it's too predictable with him in the 11 right now.

23 minutes ago, FoxyLeon said:

We're playing Norwich.

I don't want to see Tielemans holding the best DM in the leagues hand for 90 minutes and getting in his way.

If Rodgers isn't going to let Ndidi anchor the midfield on his own, against Norwich, he might as well drop him altogether.

KDH has to start 100%, lad showed so much desire pre-season, he has to make the 11 after the West Ham shambles.

Midfield needs a big shake up, and I want to see some actual movement off the ball.

But Praet and Maddison wide is better?? Kelechi can't play on his own we've seen this many times. Put him in Maddisons place behind Vardy I would.

9 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

But Praet and Maddison wide is better?? Kelechi can't play on his own we've seen this many times. Put him in Maddisons place behind Vardy I would.

Why can't Kelechi play on his own?

What you mean is, when Kelechi plays on his own, our midfield is just as lacking movement/ideas/innovation like tonight?

Praet/Maddison as the widest midfielders, but playing narrow, would be a better option for me right now.

We have absolutely no movement in midfield, and I'm fed up of Ndidi looking worse and worse defensively, because Rodgers wants Tielemans to hold his hand.

The narrow midfield, Praet/Tielemans/KDH/Maddison, it will be there job to be constantly moving between the lines, Bertrand/Pereira holding the width.

If we line up 4-2-3-1 again, we will play the same boring predictable crap, but with Albrighton instead of Perez, or Daka/Iheanacho instead of Vardy.

Farke already knows how we're gonna play next week.

It's ineffective, and predictable. 

8 minutes ago, FoxyLeon said:

Why can't Kelechi play on his own?

What you mean is, when Kelechi plays on his own, our midfield is just as lacking movement/ideas/innovation like tonight?

Praet/Maddison as the widest midfielders, but playing narrow, would be a better option for me right now.

We have absolutely no movement in midfield, and I'm fed up of Ndidi looking worse and worse defensively, because Rodgers wants Tielemans to hold his hand.

The narrow midfield, Praet/Tielemans/KDH/Maddison, it will be there job to be constantly moving between the lines, Bertrand/Pereira holding the width.

If we line up 4-2-3-1 again, we will play the same boring predictable crap, but with Albrighton instead of Perez, or Daka/Iheanacho instead of Vardy.

Farke already knows how we're gonna play next week.

It's ineffective, and predictable. 

Mate anything is better than last night and I see your points, I just hope there is a positive reaction or it could be a long season.

6 hours ago, dylanlegend said:

So last season we played Wilf CB and we didn’t really have a like for like replacement in DM. Now we have Soumare on the bench but Amartey is centre back? :blink:

Cags was the issue last night not Dan. Dan was our best player… Cags on the other hand…..

1 hour ago, FoxyLeon said:

We're playing Norwich.

Maddison is bad enough in the middle at the moment. Last thing we need is him out wide instead of Barnes. Soumare surely starts ahead of KDH too

A frankly terrible game to follow last night.

I really like Falke, he is an excellent manager and a top tactical thinker. What he’s done with a well below average bunch of players is staggering. Norwich were broke before signed Madders from them, and what he’s done on a shoe string is to be admired…. But he’s another manager who has shown Brendan up and exposed his tactical fragility. 

West Ham were certainly helped by their 12 man which was us last night, but we just showed Norwich how to get their first point of the season. 

The defence may not change, but I’d drop Riccy and Thomas for Castagne and Bertrand if fit. I love Riccy and he might be one of our technically better players, but Timmy is more aggressive when he attacks and defends and therefore does more for us, for me personally he starts over Ricardo every day of the week. 

CB may stay the same….. but I’d be hopeful Vesty is fit to come in to replace either Cags or Amartey. 

MF we need some bite drop to a three and put wither Praet or KDH in with N’didi and Youri, N’didi can go back to being the destroyer, and then another body to press allowing Youri to occupy a bit of space to get his passes going. 

Madders needs dropping, binning off of whatever, for too long he’s just not done it, when has he given us 90 minutes of anything decent? I’ve lost my patience with him now, he can go for all I care £50m would do more for us than he would at the moment.

I’d go with a front three of Albrighton, because at this time we need some honest graft back into the side, Barnes and Kelch. 

In all honesty I’m not very confident. I think at best we will draw, another team/manager who only a few seasons ago showed us up tactically. And we’re normally the type of side to lose a couple in a row before we pick up again. Having said that I would take a point in all fairness. 

Lets hope we don't play the same way against them when they beat us twice during the 19/20 season.  I'm not very confident after a beating by West Ham that Rodgers will try something different, or the team has learnt and progressed against teams that sit in with a low/medium block and break with pace!

3 minutes ago, John rayner said:

Cags had a bad game ,but it happens ,usually cags is brilliant  you cant put al the blame on him for last nights defeat 

I’m not blaming him for the loss, but he was probably the worst performer in that back line. He needs a cool head along side him, he was at fault for two of the four goals Vardy giving the ball away, Cags was on his heels for the first, and then got completely schooled by Antonio for the third. 

5 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

I suggest this forum, goes into Melt down therapie....

Have the Leicester fans Left the forum, or  are we just seeing  posts from Forest & Derby fans...

Leicester fans?

I'm fairly certain looking at the overreaction and rather cringe worthy comments we've both accidently logged on to Arsenal Mania...