Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigWesMorgan

Spartak Moscow (A) - Post Match

Obviously delighted with the win and good to be so much more of a threat with a front 2 but we won't win too many games if we keep conceding as many as we are. Big concern for me and something we need to balance. 

Should be beating Spartak and Legia at home so it really was a big win today in terms of getting out the group. 

Only caught the first 25 minutes of second half on my phone whilst on bus and the midfield 3 were brilliant during that period. Should have been a lot more comfortable. 

17 minutes ago, Farrington fox said:

For me I can’t believe the naivety of Rodgers subs. He was lucky he got away with not ruining a fantastic night for Daka. If we’d have been 3 or 4 nil to the good, I would have understood taking Evans and Thomas off. To then bring Vestergaard on who is utterly useless was a massive mistake. Took the shine off what should have been a fantastic 4-2    Still, we’ve the 3 points that’s the main thing. 

If you can't trust your £15m CB to protect a two goal lead with 10 minutes to go against weaker opposition then that's a huge problem. Evans should have been protected as we badly need him to be fit.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Phube said:

Wow the. Vestegaard hate on this forum… 

You’re not even gonna mention the Maguire-esque dicking around Soyüncu did for the second? 

That was Amartey's fault for slipping before the ball came in. Apparently. 

Edited by turtmcfly
  • Haha 1

The difference there is that we've carried the positive mindset forwards with us from Saturday, which to remind those folks I clashed heads with in the Rodgers thread is all I ask! We're scary going forwards when our midfield play is positive. Daka wrote his name into club folklore in one fell swoop tonight, but take nothing away from some of the incredible service he received! Those passes from Tielemans and Maddison respectively were perfect. :scarf:

I keep saying we need to score three to win games, turns out I underestimated our defensive shite-ness today. The first goal was desperately unlucky to concede, mind you. lol

Ref and VAR probably have shares in Gazprom. I hope Marc is alright, that could have been a leg-breaker and he had a solid cameo. :nono:

We move onwards! Vardy will be fresh for Brentford now, and Daka will probably see action from the bench. There's gonna be one hell of a Zambian meltdown when that comes to pass. :fishing:

• Haha 1

Toss up between Vestergaard and Amartey for defensive horror show of the day. Brendan will know this, we won so now on to the Brentford game. The way they play our lot will need to recover. Just hope he keeps the system but doubt it if he wants to freshen things up. 

25 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Daka and Soumare what a coming out party that was. Congerton deserves a trophy for that window.

Give him a trophy for getting us Soumare and Daka and then take it back off him for signing Bertrand and Vestergaard. The absolute best and worst examples of our recruitment the last window. 

23 minutes ago, Farrington fox said:

For me I can’t believe the naivety of Rodgers subs. He was lucky he got away with not ruining a fantastic night for Daka. If we’d have been 3 or 4 nil to the good, I would have understood taking Evans and Thomas off. To then bring Vestergaard on who is utterly useless was a massive mistake. Took the shine off what should have been a fantastic 4-2    Still, we’ve the 3 points that’s the main thing. 

Can’t blame Rodgers for that. If it was 3-2 Id understand but at 4-2 and then fact Thomas was shocking and Evans is so key to us and needs managing, the odds say that with 7 mins left at 4-2 vs a very average team who hadn’t threatened in the 2nd half, we’d be alright still.

The fact Vestergard and Bertrand are 2 of the worst signings ever made that they tried there best to throw it away, doesn’t mean Brendan should get the blame.

It was good management. What it showed is how bad them 2 are and not anything towards Brendan.

If we have any money available in January we should get Lingard and Tarkowski. Both would be reasonably cheap with their contracts expiring and would massively improve us. More likely Newcastle go for these kind of deals in Jan. Justin and Fofana will be like 2 new signings and getting Ndidi back should hopefully help the defence.

• Like 2

Just now, Hammo said:

You need to broaden your vocabulary beyond the currently fashionable.

Criticism does not equate to hate - or even hatred.

My vocabulary is fine thanks lol

It was a tongue in cheek response to people watching that game and whose initial response was to be negative

Exceptional going forward, poor at the back but that is a superb win. We’ve had enjoy negativity on here in the last few weeks so let’s focus on the positives:

Four goals for Daka, up there with one of the best individual displays that I have ever seen from a Leicester player.

Soumare bossed the midfield, first to every second ball and was immensely composed.

Maddison was also really good, picked the ball up deep and constantly looked to make things happen. Probably his best display this season.

We are also now very much back in contention for qualification. What a difference a week makes, absolutely buzzing. Safe trip home to the 25 who braved it in Moscow this evening.

5 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

People too keen to write off players.

Focus on the positives only our 3rd European away win, in 15 games.

It's a massive result and a new record for most goals scored by one player in a European game.

And a new record goal scorer in Europe.

This. Literally just won in Moscow against a side who are regulars in the UCL. It’s an excellent result.

Edited by Matt_Lcfc
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Can’t blame Rodgers for that. If it was 3-2 Id understand but at 4-2 and then fact Thomas was shocking and Evans is so key to us and needs managing, the odds say that with 7 mins left at 4-2 vs a very average team who hadn’t threatened in the 2nd half, we’d be alright still.

The fact Vestergard and Bertrand are 2 of the worst signings ever made that they tried there best to throw it away, doesn’t mean Brendan should get the blame.

It was good management. What it showed is how bad them 2 are and not anything towards Brendan.

So you bring on 2 of the worst signings ever at a crucial time in the match. As soon as that happened. I knew we’d concede. It was that predictable. So sorry, I disagree with you on this. 

14 minutes ago, l444ry said:

Toss up between Vestergaard and Amartey for defensive horror show of the day. Brendan will know this, we won so now on to the Brentford game. The way they play our lot will need to recover. Just hope he keeps the system but doubt it if he wants to freshen things up. 

Presumably you mean for their second goal, not for the rest of the game during which he played well.

If so, like plenty of players on the night (perhaps due it doing that snowing thing), Amartey slipped just before the ball came in. I think Luke's pass to Soy and him pissing about with it were worse offenses for that goal

1 minute ago, Farrington fox said:

So you bring on 2 of the worst signings ever at a crucial time in the match. As soon as that happened. I knew we’d concede. It was that predictable. So sorry, I disagree with you on this. 

I agree with you, they are 2 of the worse signings. But with a 2 goal advantage Brendan probably expected even as bad as they are, we should see it out comfortably. There hardly prime Man City!

They are shocking but I think it’s harsh to blame Brendan

1 minute ago, Reg Vardy said:

Two of the worst signings ever made, how long you been watching Leicester….

Since early 00s. Name me a worse signing?

Akinbiyi not even close. None of the garbage we signed on frees in the Championship can ge compared. Vestergard costs 15 mill and he’s the worst CB in the league. Slimani at least was ‘just’ poor and not ‘out of his depth’.

Ive seen better players in the national league than this useless lump.

He reminds me of Lee Marshall under Taylor but a worst more expensive version in a much better team.