Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigWesMorgan

Spartak Moscow (A) - Post Match

My wife bought me a Fitbit watch last week.  No jokes please folks. 

I set it up today so I can receive score notifications during my supervision.  My heart absolutely sank when I saw we were two down.   

I came out of the meeting raging but that turned to absolut-****ing-ely elation when I saw the final score on my phone. 

It turned out my watch was on the blink after running out of the battery 😂

• Haha 2

Soumare Tielemens Madders Daka Nacho Soyuncu Evans all superb yet still struggled to see it through. Fantastic performance and heart to turn that around but bloody hell we have some real shockers in this team.

I have never seen worse signings than Vestergard and Betrand it’s embarrassing.

2-0 up vs Palace and it’s ‘we are not winning because of those sh*te idiots’

4-2 up today at 83 mins. 7 mins to go with a 2 goal advantage against a team we run over the entire 2nd half, and I Was suddenly like ‘This will be a tough 7 mins now to hold on’.

It’s embarrassing.

Great win though and a majority of our squad really are showing there quality.

11 minutes ago, Farrington fox said:

For me I can’t believe the naivety of Rodgers subs. He was lucky he got away with not ruining a fantastic night for Daka. If we’d have been 3 or 4 nil to the good, I would have understood taking Evans and Thomas off. To then bring Vestergaard on who is utterly useless was a massive mistake. Took the shine off what should have been a fantastic 4-2    Still, we’ve the 3 points that’s the main thing. 

In fairness Thomas was pony tonight he was poor by his standards

6 minutes ago, Webbo said:

If you're KDH , Youri comes off and Choudry is sent on you know the manager doesn't rate you. He'll be playing for Norwich next season.

I’m surprised KDH didn’t come on when Youri came off. He’s the ideal replacement from the options on the bench 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

We've become a mad side and I'm all for it. 7-3 win this weekend PLEASE.

There are still huge questions about the defence but the quality we've got up front is sensational. Let's use our strengths.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bats8711 said:

After everything that happened that game, the thing that will stick with me most is how obscenely offensively bad Vestergaard was for their 3rd - starting with the open clearance header he gave right to them at the top of the box. Wow- that dude is so bad. It’s kind of hard to comprehend. 

DAKAAAAAAA

Wow the. Vestegaard hate on this forum… 

You’re not even gonna mention the Maguire-esque dicking around Soyüncu did for the second? 

• Like 2

Just now, Jobyfox said:

How much did we pay for Vestergaard and how long is his contract?

I hope he never plays for us again once Fofana is fit.

In fact, I’m not sure we could do worse by muddling through with the likes of Benkovic or JJ stepping into a back 3. 

15 mill no?

he was the best available stop gap tbf. but yeah, he's toss. 

1 minute ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Daka was lethal

Soumare was magisterial

Evans marshalled us on the whole.  

Youri and Maddison played well

Big shout out to Big Dan who was excellent too. 

Yes, Dan had a good game too.

Once Justin is back and fit it is between him and Thomas. The lad is learning and will make mistakes, but still far better than Bertrand.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheStig said:

I will never understand why we had to buy two Southampton outcasts to plug our leaking defence - almost anyone else would have been better:revenge:

Or alternatively, our technical scouting see something you don’t?  

1 minute ago, Phube said:

Wow the. Vestegaard hate on this forum… 

You’re not even gonna mention the Maguire-esque dicking around Soyüncu did for the second? 

Soyuncu did plenty off good work while he was on though. Vestergaard was only on for about 10 minutes and contributed to one of the goals 

Just now, Lcfc82 said:

Soyuncu did plenty off good work while he was on though. Vestergaard was only on for about 10 minutes and contributed to one of the goals 

That was Bertrand’s fault, hate on him if you must hate

• Like 1