Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigWesMorgan

Spartak Moscow (A) - Post Match

12 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Not a chance he will be on the bench, wouldn't be surprised to see some weird 3-4-1-2 system with Ndidi in a back 3 on the ball but off it he pushes out as the ball winner and Soumare is the box to box player.

Soumare and Tielemans are building an excellent partnership in midfield, so Ndidi in a 3-man defence makes sense. He played like a 3rd CB when defending against Burnley. 

• Like 1

Watching the highlights back I see the Spartak manager went straight to the 4th official complaining about something before shaking Brendan's hand, any idea what he was upset about?  I'm assuming he was fine with the no pen or red decisions.

Just now, Carl the Llama said:

Watching the highlights back I see the Spartak manager went straight to the 4th official complaining about something before shaking Brendan's hand, any idea what he was upset about?  I'm assuming he was fine with the no pen or red decisions.

Because he blew for the final whistle instead of letting the free kick be launched in the box for one last attack.

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Because he blew for the final whistle instead of letting the free kick be launched in the box for one last attack.

Despite the four minutes being up when Albrighton got fouled. He was shambolic. 

This might sound bad but I seriously can’t take referees seriously from leagues which have recent proven corruption 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

Post Match interview from Rodgers. In response to being asked if the change in approach to move the ball forward quicker in the second half was Rodgers idea at half time, he said "no its part of the plan every time we play football & we want to start like that every game" needs drilling in the players heads then as often doesn't happen.  

• Thanks 4

I’ve just watched the second half again. Can’t believe the blatant cheating from the six foot plus geezer who scored their first. Deliberately runs into Ricardo from the kick off in an attempt to get him booked and sent off. I’m convinced this was planned at half time.  Goes down pretending to be hurt hoping the ref thinks Ricardo as intentionally blocked him.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Farrington fox said:

For me I can’t believe the naivety of Rodgers subs. He was lucky he got away with not ruining a fantastic night for Daka. If we’d have been 3 or 4 nil to the good, I would have understood taking Evans and Thomas off. To then bring Vestergaard on who is utterly useless was a massive mistake. Took the shine off what should have been a fantastic 4-2    Still, we’ve the 3 points that’s the main thing. 

Muppet we won. Ever thought Evan's needs a rest and game time ffs be adult.

• Like 2

I hate to be so negative after a much needed win, but that defensive performance was so poor. Goodness knows what would have happened if Evans wasn't on the pitch. When we finally earn a clean sheet I'll celebrate as hard as a goal. We will get nowhere in this competition and in the league if we continue to let in slack goals. None. We are damn lucky we scored four because to let in three is shameful.

That said, The positives: Daka is the real deal. So is Soumare (Vestergaard is a dud and perhaps Bertrand too but can't argue with the recruitment when it comes to the other lads). Very chuffed to see Maddison returning to form and Tielemans was a maestro, dictating play from the base of midfield. Also, I am always pleased when Luke Thomas plays well. He's such an incredible talent.

I am still incredibly concerned about our chances going forward. We cannot gloss over how easily we are conceding goals. But right now I just feel relieved about the win. We're still in with a shot of qualifying out of the Group of Death.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

How on earth wasn't that changed to a straight red? We've been on the end of some diabolical VAR/Non VAR decisions this season.

European refs that we get seem to be absolute clowns.

Dereliction of duty to not make that a red.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Muppet we won. Ever thought Evan's needs a rest and game time ffs be adult.

I agree Evans needed to be substituted and we didn't have any other defenders to bring on, but it's very fair to be concerned about our defending. Letting in two (one a mistake from Cags, one down to not pressing hard enough and an unlucky deflection) is bad enough but to concede THREE is incredibly poor. Obviously, the attack saved us here, and that's great, but he is not a "muppet" for being concerned about our defence. I know Rodgers will be.

• Like 1