Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in the North

Stadium Expansion *APPROVED* Sept ‘22 - Details / Images Released on Planning Site

On 14/12/2023 at 19:12, Ashley said:

Below shows the new away end. I'd like to know how many seats it gives back to us as home fans but then it doesn't because its moved further round. Our away end currently is 3,305 or something similar currently. I believe its the biggest end in the PL and its near the top Championship wise. Hopefully we can reduce the allocation to 3k. 

Old Trafford allocation is 3,???, Emirates and Stamford Bridge similar. 

Screenshot_20231214_171232_Drive.thumb.jpg.5f0fd21140ae71f6d6b27c61c3f4a007.jpg

New away end from photos on these two posts. My take anyway.. 

Screenshot_20231214_171232_Drive.thumb.jpg.e488a4d50aaafb28cd6c904c9627455e.jpg

L1 is toast 

On 15/12/2023 at 17:58, Paninistickers said:

Thing is tours are booked en masse by a promoter.. there's a stadium circuit, an arena circuit, a concert hall circuit (de mont, rock city, Wolverhampton civic hall type thing), student circuit and finally the town hall circuit in your Loughborough and Basingstoke town halls. 

There ain't a demand or circuit for a 6k arena. Youve either gotta go massive and join Cardiff, Murrayfield, Wembley (and we could do that and there is a circuit ready, Cov currently do it) or go toe to toe with an arena with 12k

The business case don't work.

Add to that the appalling transport infrastructure Leicester has, means the venue can't reach out into the region. No trains from Cov or Grantham or Rugby or Northampton or even Coalville/ Ashby ffs

This. Leicester already has a ~5-7k venue - that's DMH.  But it has nothing larger that's purpose built, only temporary use of the park and the footy/rugby stadiums which we get instead.  My dad (old folkie) always wondered if Leicester would get a bigger venue at some point, though whether the new KP arena will be that big, (10k+) I dunno.  (Do we know how big it's planned to be?)

10 hours ago, PhillippaT said:

This. Leicester already has a ~5-7k venue - that's DMH.  But it has nothing larger that's purpose built, only temporary use of the park and the footy/rugby stadiums which we get instead.  My dad (old folkie) always wondered if Leicester would get a bigger venue at some point, though whether the new KP arena will be that big, (10k+) I dunno.  (Do we know how big it's planned to be?)

I thought the De Mont was around 2000 maximum

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

According to Wiki, De Mont capacity is 7k. I though it was smaller too. 

Seems odd to build another arena with the same capacity. 

7K is for the outdoor part. Indoor is 2K. It's why Leicester has never been on the tour circuit 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

It’d be a bit small. 

12 hours ago, DoveValleyFox said:

Does anyone know whether the LCFC Women might play at the Arena?

If they maintain their place in the Premier League then surely they'd regularly get decent attendances.

Isn't it going to be an indoor arena,  in any case it would not have room for a full sized pitch,  or am I missing something here.

25 minutes ago, snoopy87 said:

7K is for the outdoor part. Indoor is 2K. It's why Leicester has never been on the tour circuit 

I didn't even know there was an outdoor part! Another website does confirm that. Apologies I only read the Wiki capacity. 

1 hour ago, FoyleFox said:

According to Wiki, De Mont capacity is 7k. I though it was smaller too. 

Seems odd to build another arena with the same capacity. 

Its actually 1,500 inside with seating and 2,200 standing. An additional 5,000 can be hosted outside.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

Hope singing section and L1 combine to go nearer the away fans. Personally think it helps to bounce off each other 

L1 looks to be trouble with the plans.

Speaking for myself id honestly rather just call it a day then be stuck next to away support. I have no interest in singing at Preston fans for example.

• Like 2

On 15/12/2023 at 12:53, KIRBYFOX93 said:

from those images, it looks like there is safe standing in the north stand. One can only pray  :fc:

I don't think it is mate. That's just the standard rows in a stadium on something like that. There's one of the east stand that looks the same. 

Although it'd love for it to be safe standing.

11 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

L1 looks to be trouble with the plans.

Speaking for myself id honestly rather just call it a day then be stuck next to away support. I have no interest in singing at Preston fans for example.

Fair point. I just think it sometimes help to bounce off each other sometimes. Most clubs with decent atmospheres tend to be near away fans. I’d imagine everything will stay as it is and safe standing will be implemented where we (singing section) are and then hopefully L1 will join. 

16 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

Fair point. I just think it sometimes help to bounce off each other sometimes. Most clubs with decent atmospheres tend to be near away fans. I’d imagine everything will stay as it is and safe standing will be implemented where we (singing section) are and then hopefully L1 will join. 

Without sounding a dick, do they though?

Im sure a load will come to me after posting this but I can only think of Sheff Wed, Huddersfield, Burnley and Man City.

Edited by SemperEadem

1 minute ago, SemperEadem said:

Im sure a load will come to me after posting this but I can only think of Sheff United, Huddersfield, Burnley and Man City.

So many ends are now full of wannabe social media fans giving the Biggun in the pub or below in the concourse rather than for the 90mins that count.

1 minute ago, SemperEadem said:

Im sure a load will come to me after posting this but I can only think of Sheff United, Huddersfield, Burnley and Man City.

Sheff United’s loudest end is the Kop surely?

I’d argue it’s the opposite that’s true, none of the traditional grounds have their loud ends near the away fans

9 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

Leeds forest derby wolves. If it doesn’t go near the away end then I guess the success of it depends on the size of the singing section. I feel at the moment that the away fans don’t hear anything 

Again so what about the away fans not hearing it? We aint there for them, we are there to make noise for OUR players.

• Like 3