Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in the North

Stadium Expansion *APPROVED* Sept ‘22 - Details / Images Released on Planning Site

4 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Can anyone find me what the stands look like after the build inside the ground? I know it's in one document but can't remember which one. 

It also shows the away fans being moved further round. 

Which way further around? Hoping not behind the goal :o

11 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Which way further around? Hoping not behind the goal :o

I posted the photos in here at some point. Away end will basically start at the access tunnel near L block but further around to the corner then go to near behind the goal.

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

You joke but we should absolutely offer them the choice between compensation or half their new stadium plus remaining building materials. 

Either that or we threaten them with sending the lad who burned down B&Q in Abbey Lane for a tour of their new stadium when it’s finished. 

God that’s a throwback and a half, I was in Primary School when that happened!

(unless it’s happened again recently, I don’t live in Leicester anymore)

3 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Amazing some people don’t want this to happen because we might not be in the PL every season we play football lol 

I’m assuming the concern is one of practicality. Historically large stadiums were a financial asset in the top league, but a liability in every other league. 

I’d like to think that our fan base has now grown sufficiently to fill the stadium whatever league we happen to be in, but I hope the theory is never tested. As that would mean a prolonged stay in the Championship 

42 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Can anyone find me what the stands look like after the build inside the ground? I know it's in one document but can't remember which one. 

Don't have the space to upload it but it's on Page 48 of C2.4 - Design and Access Statement_Part1.pdf if someone can post it.

2 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

I’m assuming the concern is one of practicality. Historically large stadiums were a financial asset in the top league, but a liability in every other league. 

I’d like to think that our fan base has now grown sufficiently to fill the stadium whatever league we happen to be in, but I hope the theory is never tested. As that would mean a prolonged stay in the Championship 

Hopefully after what's happened to us - not just the relegation but also the cartel's corruption since the moment we lifted the PL trophy in the stadium - the club will develop a strategy to guarantee we not just stay in the league but prosper like we were doing before our one bad season. Hopefully that includes unprecedented compensation from the clubs that cheated us.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

we had what, 25-28000 regularly in league one when we were a lot shitter so i think we're all good.

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

Yep. Away fans moving round to get out from under the new boxes. Days of standing in the East stand are numbered.