Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in the North

Stadium Expansion *APPROVED* Sept ‘22 - Details / Images Released on Planning Site

https://fb.watch/pl0ezu3-N-/

Real Madrid and Tottenham have each spent roughly £1bn on new stadiums in recent years.

Yet Southampton, Leicester City and Sunderland’s stadiums combined cost £100m.

Why are stadiums so much more expensive to build these days?

2 hours ago, ajthefox said:

I'd love to know how Everton spent 54m on their stadium before they got planning.

They paid £50 million to a company called "Definitely legit building company".

That company then paid some Everton players consultancy fees as it turns out they happened to sign a bunch of world class architects :ph34r:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, davieG said:

Real Madrid and Tottenham have each spent roughly £1bn on new stadiums in recent years.

Comparing those sets is like comparing apples and oranges as far as stadiums go, they're levels of complexity and sophistication beyond our gaff.

4 hours ago, filbertway said:

They paid £50 million to a company called "Definitely legit building company".

That company then paid some Everton players consultancy fees as it turns out they happened to sign a bunch of world class architects :ph34r:

I wish they'd paid me a sliver of that for my architectural services! I'm not world class but I do a good job! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Fox99

Some completely wishful thinking here of an expanded South Stand (Kop), with safe standing in the bottom tier. Akin to what Spurs have on a different level obviously, with everyone vocally-minded in one stand and the away fans are of course in the same North-East corner. Also believe Spurs don’t generally have standing home blocks either side of the away corner? It’s clearly going to be an East Stand expansion though, whenever it happens.

Edited by AW LCFC

1 hour ago, AW LCFC said:

Some completely wishful thinking here of an expanded South Stand (Kop), with safe standing in the bottom tier. Akin to what Spurs have on a different level obviously, as the away fans are in the same North-East corner. Also believe they don’t generally have standing home blocks either side? It’s clearly going to be an East Stand expansion though, whenever it happens.

Are you OK?

• 2 weeks later...

Thought this was an interesting video on other stadium builds. Real Madrid will have a 5 storey underground car parking. 3 different retractable pitches (one seems to be a hard court), closeable roof and laser projected footage of the game onto the walls of the stadium

Effectively they've combined the arena and stadium into one multiple purpose building

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 03/01/2024 at 11:40, davieG said:

About 18yrs difference in start dates will have a huge bearing on price. The new land spuds purchased will have cost way more and the clearance.

Then we went medium size BMW spuds went large Rolls Royce.

4 hours ago, Sly said:

What’s occurring with this then? 

Have we given up on it? 

Fairly sure i read last year that this was on hold until we have prem football again..

7 hours ago, MPH said:

Fairly sure i read last year that this was on hold until we have prem football again..

Think it got brought up at a trust meeting or similar and there was a line about whilst PL football wasn't essential for it to go ahead it would ensure a minimal subsidy from King Power if top flight football was in place. I know I haven't just made that up I definitely read it somewhere ☺️

6 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Easy to say in hindsight but we should have developed the ground prior to Seagrave. We chose to incur much greater running costs before developing the (directly) revenue generating infrastructure project.

SEagrave seems more like a vanity project.