Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in the North

Stadium Expansion *APPROVED* Sept ‘22 - Details / Images Released on Planning Site

2 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Again so what about the away fans not hearing it? We aint there for them, we are there to make noise for OUR players.

We are but if they can’t hear it, can the players? It depends on the size of the section, at the moment it’s too small. If it expands significantly, it’ll work fine but it’s whether L1 will just want to move across. 

On 17/12/2023 at 19:12, Nolucklcfc said:

We are but if they can’t hear it, can the players? It depends on the size of the section, at the moment it’s too small. If it expands significantly, it’ll work fine but it’s whether L1 will just want to move across. 

The stadium is designed to force the sound towards the pitch that's why players often say it was good and the fans don't recognise it

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Its not far off the point of needing those that stand in silence to move out to free space for those more willing to actively sing.

Agreed, unfortunately I think there’s people that didn’t want to move location originally and just stayed but don’t participate 

1 hour ago, Nolucklcfc said:

L1 isn’t going to have a choice

The block’s going in its current form 

1 hour ago, Nolucklcfc said:

They might end up locating somewhere else 

I think the club will actively encourage them to join sk1, they won’t want them standing in the east stand once it’s done and won’t want l1 relocating to another part of the ground we’re persistent standing could be an issue. 

It might be worth supporters from l1 or ufs getting together or having discussions with the club to ensure there is the opportunity for those in l1 to move over. Even if it puts a few noses out of joint in sk1 if they don’t want the section expanded, however seats in the shiny new stand might soften the blow.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

I think the club will actively encourage them to join sk1, they won’t want them standing in the east stand once it’s done and won’t want l1 relocating to another part of the ground we’re persistent standing could be an issue. 

It might be worth supporters from l1 or ufs getting together or having discussions with the club to ensure there is the opportunity for those in l1 to move over. Even if it puts a few noses out of joint in sk1 if they don’t want the section expanded, however seats in the shiny new stand might soften the blow.

agreed, it would be worth both meeting. It’s the one and only chance really to get everyone in the same area. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Vlad the Fox said:

@Union FS is this something that has been spoken about ? or something that you will actively peruse. I've been to fan groups before about moving you guys to a more prominent area which obviously hasn't happened. This could be a great chance to move with so many people having to relocate, Hopefully not to the Kop and if it is more centrally would be best as so much noise is lost down the current vomitory. 

Edited by K1Keith

19 minutes ago, K1Keith said:

@Union FS is this something that has been spoken about ? or something that you will actively peruse. I've been to fan groups before about moving you guys to a more prominent area which obviously hasn't happened. This could be a great chance to move with so many people having to relocate, Hopefully not to the Kop and if it is more centrally would be best as so much noise is lost down the current vomitory. 

It is something that needs to happen.

Obviously L1 is organised but there does need a plan from the club on what they will offer fans in that area should it see the changes we all think are coming.

The family stand really should not be next to the away end, kids seeing and hearing  the kind of behaviour clubs like Millwall brings is bound to rub off on the youngsters......this was on Youtube recently......

This kind of logic might carry some weight with the club :D

Edited by ithuriel

10 minutes ago, ithuriel said:

The family stand really should not be next to the away end, kids seeing and hearing  the kind of behaviour clubs like Millwall brings is bound to rub off on the youngsters......this was on Youtube recently......

Are they moving the Shop if so there's no need for the Family Enclosure to be in the North Stand, They'll not want to move the away fans from that location as it easier for them to get them out to the buses.

29 minutes ago, ithuriel said:

There is absolutely zero chance that a standing area gets put next to the away fans. Zero. People should come to terms with it. 

The away fans are bumping round a block or two, family stand stays where it is. Executive boxes behind L1 means the club write to everyone in there saying move (hopefully to a nice new standing area somewhere), sit down or you're banned, and they'll follow through with it imo.

1 hour ago, Thebluefox85 said:

The section needs to be next to away supporters to create an atmosphere put every in sk1 miles from away fans and next to people that like to sit there eating Murray mints moan about the football and wave agenda flags every week just isn’t going to work and just cause problems 

L1 is next to the away fans now and it's shit and has been for 5 years

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jackubu said:

I couldn't think of anything worse than moving the singing section next to the away fans. Can't be arsed with people around me spending their time giving in the biggun to away fans all the time. If I wanted to do that, I'd have got a ticket in L1 instead of moving to SK1 11 years ago 

Exactly why i moved to SK1 from L1! It was great in the 2013-17 seasons but after that it quickly descended into wannabe hard lads paying more attention to the away end than supporting the lads on the pitch.

I don't miss the 'banter' one bit, it's just grown men comparing whose town is a bigger sh*thole and telling everyone north of Sheffield that Jimmy Saville is one of their own at this point.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

There is absolutely zero chance that a standing area gets put next to the away fans. Zero. People should come to terms with it. 

The away fans are bumping round a block or two, family stand stays where it is. Executive boxes behind L1 means the club write to everyone in there saying move (hopefully to a nice new standing area somewhere), sit down or you're banned, and they'll follow through with it imo.

It'll be exactly this. Sk1 or 2/ G corner will be safe standing. Persistent standing elsewhere will be zero tolerance until the message gets across. Silly because half the grounds you see have large swathes of people standing up in seated areas, Elland Rd being a classic example. The few people in L1 who do want to create a bit of noise will end up with almost no choice but moving to the section.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, iancognito said:

It'll be exactly this. Sk1 or 2/ G corner will be safe standing. Persistent standing elsewhere will be zero tolerance until the message gets across. Silly because half the grounds you see have large swathes of people standing up in seated areas, Elland Rd being a classic example. The few people in L1 who do want to create a bit of noise will end up with almost no choice but moving to the section.

I go to Derby games with my friend if his old man doesn't use his season ticket.

To a man, the stand we are in are standing for the full 90. He always comments on the stale atmosphere if he ever comes to us. Not hostile, not joyous, celebrate a goal then as you were.

12 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Hating the idea of moving the away section further around towards the back of the goal. They'll be fully in sight of the cameras as they're being moved to the West Stand, I believe, to show off the new structure. Better off being moved into A1. 

So new stand will be opposite TV camera then?