Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in the North

Stadium Expansion *APPROVED* Sept ‘22 - Details / Images Released on Planning Site

On 17/12/2023 at 19:24, davieG said:

The stadium is designed to force the sound towards the pitch that's why player often say it was good and the fans don't recognise it

Doesn't matter how many times this objective fact is repeated it just goes over some folks heads when atmosphere is discussed. 

• Like 4

On 18/12/2023 at 19:19, Spudulike said:

Hating the idea of moving the away section further around towards the back of the goal. They'll be fully in sight of the cameras as they're being moved to the West Stand, I believe, to show off the new structure. Better off being moved into A1. 

The away end is staying where it is other than moving a block away from L and going one more block into the north stand. 

4 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Everton's new stadium will look stunning when it's completed and hold about 53k.... hopefully Leicester can improve on the design and make the stadium better on all sides and increase capacity to around 45k if possible 

I think Leicester can expand to a capacity of 55k with all sides developed.But I can’t see them developing the sth stand if they put a multi story car park behind it.I could be wrong though.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, l444ry said:

Doesn't matter how many times this objective fact is repeated it just goes over some folks heads when atmosphere is discussed. 

i've hilariously been banned from posting on that thread by some melt as they can't handle objective truths about that. I sit all over and it's true what you say. for example sit in SK4, L1, K1 and you can't hear UFS at all, but sit p3 or p4 and you can hear them. sit in sk4 and you can hear the away end and L1 quite clearly, but from half way down the east stand to sk1 you'll struggle to hear anything. 

i'm looking forward to seeing how the ground changes once this is finally finished, if it ever starts

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Ashley said:

The away end is staying where it is other than moving a block away from L and going one more block into the north stand. 

That is one block too many. Away fans need to be the furthest point away to lessen their influence on the game. I don't want to see them celebrating even more in our faces with the cameras full on view. Shame that we can't do a Newcastle and put them at the top of the new East Stand out of sight. 

3 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Some Villa fans I work with are claiming that the stadium costs will begin to apply for FFP next season and that’s one of the main reasons they’ve delayed the Villa Park development despite the likely incoming venue money for Euro 2028

I think it's connected - that was one of the issues/excuses everton raised - maybe it's on the interest owed? not certain.

But it won't  stop teams, it'll just mean they might have to be creative or, like us, spread the development over a number of years - 

13 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Some Villa fans I work with are claiming that the stadium costs will begin to apply for FFP next season and that’s one of the main reasons they’ve delayed the Villa Park development despite the likely incoming venue money for Euro 2028

10 hours ago, Lillehamring said:

I think it's connected - that was one of the issues/excuses everton raised - maybe it's on the interest owed? not certain.

But it won't  stop teams, it'll just mean they might have to be creative or, like us, spread the development over a number of years - 

Infrastructure costs don't apply to FFP so I don't believe that for a minute.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Spudulike said:

That is one block too many. Away fans need to be the furthest point away to lessen their influence on the game. I don't want to see them celebrating even more in our faces with the cameras full on view. Shame that we can't do a Newcastle and put them at the top of the new East Stand out of sight. 

Only Newcastle can do it due to health and safety regulation and where fans come out of the ground. 

PL rules that away fans have to be in lower tier or a certain proportion of them are. 

There was a mention of splitting the away end from our club though. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Not a chance, would stop any future development of any ground in the country.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Lillehamring said:

The easy way round it is to start this season, and put all the costs on this seasons accounts.

2 hours ago, Ashley said:

Only Newcastle can do it due to health and safety regulation and where fans come out of the ground. 

PL rules that away fans have to be in lower tier or a certain proportion of them are. 

There was a mention of splitting the away end from our club though. 

Now that would be a good idea. Like. 

On 18/12/2023 at 09:04, Thebluefox85 said:

The section needs to be next to away supporters to create an atmosphere put every in sk1 miles from away fans and next to people that like to sit there eating Murray mints moan about the football and wave agenda flags every week just isn’t going to work and just cause problems 

What’s an agenda flag?

What have you got against Murray Mints?

13 hours ago, Ashley said:

Infrastructure costs don't apply to FFP so I don't believe that for a minute.

It soon becomes clear that the construction of a stadium is central to Everton’s defence against the charges.

As far back as early 2019, they raised what they saw as an anomaly in how money spent on the stadium should be treated in PSR calculations. Accounting rules stated that no expenditure on the project could be capitalised until planning permission had been agreed, something that did not come for the Bramley-Moore Dock site until February 2021.

Everton did not think that fair but after talks with the Premier League in October 2019 it was initially found that stadium costs could not be excluded from the club’s PSR calculation.

On and on went the discourse, with Everton’s then chief executive Denise Barrett-Baxendale giving a presentation to the Premier League board. This outlined that “c.£54million” spent on the stadium before planning permission had been granted could be capitalised.

A middle ground was eventually found in August 2021. Everton would be able to exclude non-capitalised stadium expenditure from its PSR calculations but they were reminded that the £105million threshold, one they had forecast to be breached for the 2020-21 season, remained in place. The agreement reached would see Everton need to seek approval from the Premier League for all players recruited

9 hours ago, Lillehamring said:

It soon becomes clear that the construction of a stadium is central to Everton’s defence against the charges.

As far back as early 2019, they raised what they saw as an anomaly in how money spent on the stadium should be treated in PSR calculations. Accounting rules stated that no expenditure on the project could be capitalised until planning permission had been agreed, something that did not come for the Bramley-Moore Dock site until February 2021.

Everton did not think that fair but after talks with the Premier League in October 2019 it was initially found that stadium costs could not be excluded from the club’s PSR calculation.

On and on went the discourse, with Everton’s then chief executive Denise Barrett-Baxendale giving a presentation to the Premier League board. This outlined that “c.£54million” spent on the stadium before planning permission had been granted could be capitalised.

A middle ground was eventually found in August 2021. Everton would be able to exclude non-capitalised stadium expenditure from its PSR calculations but they were reminded that the £105million threshold, one they had forecast to be breached for the 2020-21 season, remained in place. The agreement reached would see Everton need to seek approval from the Premier League for all players recruited

Interesting. If that's the case no club now will build a new TG/Expand Stands or build new stadiums.

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

Interesting. If that's the case no club now will build a new TG/Expand Stands or build new stadiums.

Surely that's only before planning is approved, get that and you're ok. :dunno:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/12/2023 at 09:42, Ashley said:

I don't think it will stop teams improving/building stadia - simply that they'll have to be smarter funding/paying for it.  As long as they can factor it in to FFp the long term rewards will outweigh the short term restrictions

4 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

I don't think it will stop teams improving/building stadia - simply that they'll have to be smarter funding/paying for it.  As long as they can factor it in to FFp the long term rewards will outweigh the short term restrictions

It wasn’t right anyway - see post above 

31 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

It wasn’t right anyway - see post above 

what wasn't right?  the text i copied from The Athletic?

9 hours ago, Lillehamring said:

what wasn't right?  the text i copied from The Athletic?

It was nuanced 

costs accumulated before planning permission is granted are included in ffp 

Others will know more re the planning process and whether there are levels of permission that could mean a slower process leads to less ffp worries 

• Like 1