Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Buce

Is it time...

Rodgers out?  

656 members have voted

1. 1. Rodgers out?

• Yes
    • No

I voted no but I think he is going.

He is buying a house in the North West, Schmeichel and Fofana preparing the fans for their departure.

I hoped he would stay for a decade or more and keep building but if his departure is already decided and it is destroying our season - then let him go now and get in a manager (and players) who want to be here.

I'm sure we'd all be willing to give him more time if he actually worked on the problems that we see on a weekly basis, but he hasn't so far and it's looking unlikely that he will. If the body language of the players is anything to go by, it's safe to say Brendan Rodgers is done here. It's only a matter of time.

8 minutes ago, Nalis said:

I think a club in our current position is probably two bad managers in a row off relegation. It used to be one in the 90s/early 2000s so thats progress.

As you can see by the team we’re only a couple of players leaving (out injured at minute) to be relegation candidates 

I dont see how anybody can be happy with recent performances and not think things have to change. There are only so many chances that Rodgers will get to get it right, he hasn’t so far this season.

Theres too much money at stake if we were to get relegated with the loans we have it would be the end of the club. 

But then again we were in league one 12 years ago so that means we have to settle for whatever we get and be grateful right?

Edited by Dames
  • Like 1

Voted no for now.  Maybe the 30m to sack him is keeping me in the no camp  but it could cost us more than 30m to keep him if we don't do something in the next few weeks.  I wouldn't be upset if Man U came in for him as long as we could get Potter in.

• Like 1

If it wasn’t so prohibitively expensive to sack him I’d want a change. I don’t think he has any idea how to fix this. Everyone is too comfortable, we don’t have a culture of continuous improvement, we have one where everyone (fans included) seem to think we’ve gone as far as we can. We need fresh impetus.

I voted yes, but I don't think we'll sack him and shell out all that money to pay him and his staff off.

I said a while back that either he'd peaked with us, or us with him, and I've seen nothing to suggest I was wrong. He's had his head turned, or something isn't right because the players just don't look interested at all.

• Like 1

No

Potter is the obvious candidate but he absolutely wouldn’t leave Brighton when they’re doing better and wouldn’t go to Spurs.

there’s a bad feeling at the minute around the club with poorly timed comments and bad performances, but a solid win against Legia and Watford would definitely brighten the mood. 

the club sacked Ranieri after poor form

so they won’t be too emotionally driven I’d imagine. Leicester is a really good prospect for a lot of managers but we honestly couldn’t attract someone of a higher calibre at the moment. 

Whilst I’ve been super(?), hyper(?) [both] critical of Rodgers I’ve never wanted him sacked or to leave.

Neither do I want Ole sacked, it’s too funny, but the sooner Man Utd sack Ole and hopefully grace is with the alleged £30m the better.

Its gone too far.

Literally the only argument against is who would we replace him with? I’m past caring tbh.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

You're all deluded if you think we're paying out compensation on a manager that could have fetched 20m a month ago.

Exactly my opinion. 

No way he gets sacked at the moment, absolutely no way. 

That doesn’t mean I think he’ll be here next season though. 

19 minutes ago, Nalis said:

I'm saying no for now though I'll reconsider depending on how Legia and Watford go.

Even beating those two is just papering over the massive craters. Europe is just like a different universe and anything can happen (Like the Fa Cup) and Watford are just dull. If we can't beat Watford the whole team need the sack.

No, give him a go with the whole team fit. Soyuncu has been shit for a while now and Evans is ageing so can't do it alone bless him. Anyway we were always going to have to come back down to earth eventually. Our squad was never good enough to finish 5th. If it wasn't for Youri we would have finished 10th both of those seasons and we never would have won the cup.

Every game is the same. 

Start slowly

Concede early

Dire at set pieces

Atrocious passing

Players looking unfit

P*** poor defending

I fail to see what we work on in training, 'cos it can't be any of the above.

Rodgers is on top money, this can't go on any longer, otherwise we're in a dogfight.