Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Buce

Is it time...

Rodgers out?  

656 members have voted

1. 1. Rodgers out?

• Yes
    • No

3 minutes ago, Webbo said:

If someone can name a definitely better option who would come here then sure but nobody can. (Please don't say my granny could do better, it's boring and predictable) 

It's the same knobs whove call for his head every time we concede a corner doing the moaning. I don't take them seriously. 

I think there are a good few posters who are level headed that are now starting to wobble. 

That poor performance has been coming for a while as we have got worse throughout the season. They look like they do not know how to get out of the slump they are in. 

I said to my son Rudiger 1-0 before he scored. We left him in his own next to Kasper. The same goal happening time and time again is unforgivable. 

I think he has deserved some leeway to get it sorted after what he has achieved with us but enough is enough. He did not have the players playing for him today. Bizarre line up, no movement and a lack of desire. Bad signings in the summer too. It is not good enough. 

8 minutes ago, peterborofox said:

If Puel was in charge everyone would be Puel out. What's different now???

This is worse nowadays imo

Had us in a better position all season that we’ve been in this season up until he got sacked. Had to do it with Mendy and Ndidi in CM, didn’t have Tielemans to bail him out.

Its a bit stupid to want him gone, I both do and don’t. You can hang on to 12 months ago and think that means he can change it or you can look at the direction we’re heading in and the fact we have the same problems every week with no evidence it’s going to change. The writing was on the wall for Ranieri pretty quickly but we had to hold on because of sentimentality, it’s going to be the same here made worse by the money involved.

• Like 1

Same situation as ole , I don’t want Brendan to win anymore , just pick up your tools and piss off .  No real love for this job .  What a fraud .  He is a pardew level manager .  The wealth of talent he has amassed from our recruitment is great , the idiot doesn’t know how to think outside of his one trick .  Give him 3 more games and let’s all see the fraud he is .  Fingers crossed we lose .

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, kristianity77 said:

It's a yes from me.  He isn't learning, isn't willing to change.  Let him go .

It’s not the lack of change that’s the problem, it’s all the changes. 

We don’t have a simple, basic setup that we can rely on. Today he switched things up again with a formation we rarely play to match up against the formation the champions of Europe play every week. 

The players have too much to think about, it’s no wonder they can’t get comfortable on the pitch and can’t develop any flow in our game. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kopfkino said:

Had us in a better position all season that we’ve been in this season up until he got sacked. Had to do it with Mendy and Ndidi in CM, didn’t have Tielemans to bail him out.

Its a bit stupid to want him gone, I both do and don’t. You can hang on to 12 months ago and think that means he can change it or you can look at the direction we’re heading in and the fact we have the same problems every week with no evidence it’s going to change. The writing was on the wall for Ranieri pretty quickly but we had to hold on because of sentimentality, it’s going to be the same here made worse by the money involved.

We are a worse side now than we were when Rodgers took over.

13 minutes ago, Webbo said:

If someone can name a definitely better option who would come here then sure but nobody can. (Please don't say my granny could do better, it's boring and predictable) 

It's the same knobs whove call for his head every time we concede a corner doing the moaning. I don't take them seriously. 

You are saying the same thing that everyone says before the last manager goes? Same things were being said before Pearson left...before Ranieri left....before we sacked Shakespeare.....even Puel.....none of us know for certain if there's a better option....if we did we wouldn't need this vote and he'd have been sacked long ago

13 minutes ago, peterborofox said:

If Puel was in charge everyone would be Puel out. What's different now???

This is worse nowadays imo

Puel never won us the FA cup or got us into Europe. So thats an unfair comparison but I see where you are coming from. People on here were ott with Puel.

It's time. 

I wasn't for him in the first place as I saw the kind of football he was playing at Celtic but I happily conceded that I was wrong given what he has achieved here but the man is too arrogant to admit when he is wrong and too stubborn to change it. 

I'm sorry but all this talk of him being a top manager and that we couldn't get anyone better is bullsh!t. 

A top manager, at the very LEAST will have you set up well to defend corners. We all know the threat that Rudiger posses yet he was walking around behind our defensive line with no one tasked with watching him and no one on the posts.... It's either extreme arrogance or unforgivable negligence. Pick one. 

It's nothing new how bad we are at set plays and he's doing absolutely nothing to address it. Not one thing. If he isn't willing to address something as rudimental and simple as to put men on the posts and mark their danger man then what chance do we have of him addressing our toothless style of play that he rolls out game after game? 

We aren't going to be able to attact as big a name but you simply CAN NOT convince me that we can't attract a manager who can defend a fvcking corner or make us defensively organised. 

• Like 4

Just now, Master Fox said:

Our squad isn’t good enough. That’s the problem. 

It's better than our performances in the last 6 months, that's not even open for debate.  Rodgers isn't getting a tune out of them and hasn't this calender year apart from sparodic games where by more luck than anything it works for him. 

22 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Be careful what you wish for people. 

I dunno. Yes, we could end up with absolute muck like Lampard in for the name. 

But we could also end up with a younger, more driven coach like Potter who has some new ideas and can properly motivate the players. 

Rodgers isn't a miracle worker, he's taken us to about our par finishes for the last two seasons. I think we've been so used to terrible appointments that we've started to believe some of the media's criticisms of us. 

This is a good squad, it's probably the best we've ever had. Soumare and Daka were signings most of the world was jealous of. 

But we're at an all time low on sprints, we've won something like 8 in 25 home games, we've got the worst defence of set pieces in the league, we look flat, slow, demotivated and shot of confidence. 

And none of these are new problems. They're problems we've had for months and the manager has shown no evidence of being able to improve them. 

Puel was so, so bad that Rodgers looked like the messiah when he first arrived. But most of our players are now going backwards under his leadership. 

I dunno, maybe it's time. 

• Like 2

I did think this would popup, I think we were lucky to only lose 3-0 and I think our league performances with the odd exception have been very poor.  Also revealed on Now Sports commentary that our build up play under Rodgers is now slower than under Puel.

However I still think its too early, I know I usually have the opinion that when a change is needed it should be done ASAP, I cannot forget that Rodgers have given us our first FA cup, and in the past we have done well under him, for this I feel he deserves more time, and any decision should only be considered when we looking in real danger of relegation, I dont think we at that point currently.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Definitely better? You mean they need to be able to see the future? Not sure that's reasonable.

Blokes on a football forum being unable to name names does not mean such an appointment doesn't exist.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, STEVIE B said:

Every game is the same. 

Start slowly

Concede early

Dire at set pieces

Atrocious passing

Players looking unfit

P*** poor defending

I fail to see what we work on in training, 'cos it can't be any of the above.

Rodgers is on top money, this can't go on any longer, otherwise we're in a dogfight.

Top money and all the same mistakes keep happening.

He’s out of chances, he’s had several international breaks this season to take a time out and get on top of it and the mistakes are still happening.. getting worse in some cases.

FA Cup win credit is the only thing keeping the fans from fully turning on him.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Master Fox said:

Our squad isn’t good enough. That’s the problem. 

That’s not the problem at all, sorry.

We have a decent squad now, one that should be challenging for the top 6. Rodgers can pick any 3 from Vardy, Barnes, Lookman, Maddison, Daka and Iheanacho. He’s got one of the best keepers in the league, one of the best centre backs in the league, 2 absolutely brilliant central midfield players in Ndidi and Tielemans, a player who won Ligue 1 last season in Soumare, 2 very good (fit) wing backs in Ricardo and Castagne.

Rodgers has wasted £50m on Perez and Vestegaard - he can’t complain he hasn’t been backed to build a good squad - I happen to think he has a good at his disposal anyway.

Edited by ttfn

Just now, Finnegan said:

I mean, this is just horse shit. 

Exactly. This is a very good squad on paper. Far better than Brentford, Burnley and Brighton who have had us against the ropes in a similar fashion to how we were today. There is too much wrong from a basic preparation and coaching perspective to just ignore it. 

The argument that a better manager or a replacement (because you never know if someone is going to be successful) is a available is a poor argument. There will always be candidates. There always has been candidates. 

Genuine questions need to be asked of the management and it’s foolish if that can’t be seen.