Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Buce

Is it time...

Rodgers out?  

656 members have voted

1. 1. Rodgers out?

• Yes
    • No

15 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

A manager who's given us two 5th place finishes and an fa cup.

There's evidence we can do better under Rodgers. Zero evidence of that under puel.

There's no evidence whatsoever we can do better under Rodgers.  He has shown no evidence at all of having analysed the problems and having a clue how to fix them.  The only evidence is what we see week after week on the pitch, and what we see is that it's getting worse, no sign of improvement.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

It’s the strongest squad I ever remember us having 😂

That's half the problem now for me funnily enough. 

It means he hasn't got a clue who to play where. Too many chiefs and cant fit them all in. 

We lacked depth last two seasons but he had easier team choices and decisions to make. And on the times he tried to to think too much and mess about with it we got caught out especially at home. Now we have a stronger team and he's trying different things just to fit people in. To be at end of November and not know your best team is worrying

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

A manager who's given us two 5th place finishes and an fa cup.

There's evidence we can do better under Rodgers. Zero evidence of that under puel.

True but then would you have let Ranieri get us relegated the next season after the title? 

Unfortunately there is no room for sentiment. What we're being served up now is dross

• Like 2

As much as I would love  a manager like Rubin Amorin from Sporting CP, it would be a miracle if we got him. Think he will go to Man City when Pep goes, I wouldn't mind the Current Celtic coach Ange Postecoglou, who plays with a high tempo press, I read he wants to manage in the Premiership, I see him as a Hasenhuttl type of character

• Haha 4

23 minutes ago, peterborofox said:

If Puel was in charge everyone would be Puel out. What's different now???

This is worse nowadays imo

Because Puel had never threatened to challenge the big boys or significantly improve us let alone narrowly missed out on the Champions League twice and won us an FA Cup.

We know Rodgers can get higher levels out of these players - he is just too stubborn and bad at making the necessary changes in a timely fashion, but the potential is still there for us to hit form and put all of this behind us for another 2/3rds of a season.

May be wrong but there’s no guarantee that we lose £30m if we sack him, or gain £20m if United go for him. Couldn’t United easily offer to buy his contract out for less? Couldn’t we also keep paying him on gardening leave if we did want rid, and then if he gets offered and wants another job, we can allow the contract to be bought out for a small amount?

I voted out, but it seems like some are believing this to be a £50m difference as to whether we keep him for another few months and surely it’s got to be a lot more complex and elastic than that.

4 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

As much as I would love  a manager like Rubin Amorin from Sporting CP, it would be a miracle if we got him. Think he will go to Man City when Pep goes, I wouldn't mind the Current Celtic coach Ange Postecoglou, who plays with a high tempo press, I read he wants to manage in the Premiership, I see him as a Hasenhuttl type of character

You wanted ten haag a week ago? 🤣

• Haha 4

I think it's time for some of the players to or at least take a look at themselves because most of our problems are down to the players under performing their technical ability.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Postecoglou lol lol lol

No thanks. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Hollism said:

May be wrong but there’s no guarantee that we lose £30m if we sack him, or gain £20m if United go for him. Couldn’t United easily offer to buy his contract out for less? Couldn’t we also keep paying him on gardening leave if we did want rid, and then if he gets offered and wants another job, we can allow the contract to be bought out for a small amount?

I voted out, but it seems like some are believing this to be a £50m difference as to whether we keep him for another few months and surely it’s got to be a lot more complex and elastic than that.

Don't worry his agent and legal team will have negotiated a rock solid contract .If we want him out we pay through the nose.

I think Rodgers has done a magnificent job.We will look back at the last few seasons and wonder what we were moaning about.However,if I was a ManU fan I would be less than impressed if Rodgers was seen as the answer to their problems.You get a job like that when you’re flying.Not when you start to run out of steam and ideas.

Just now, Chocolate Teapot said:

You wanted ten haag a week ago? 🤣

That's when I thought Brendan would go in the Summer, which everyone was suggesting and both Ten Hags and Amorin's contracts finish then, so we are no way going to get them this month. If we get rid of him now we got a possibility of getting Anges from Celtic who would jump ship now

38 minutes ago, peterborofox said:

If Puel was in charge everyone would be Puel out. What's different now???

This is worse nowadays imo

Honestly some of our supporters really are pretty stupid. I'll break it down for you fella... 

- Rodgers has 2 of the clubs 4 highest finishes in our entire history. 

- Rodgers is one of 2 managers in our history to win a major domestic trophy. 

- Rodgers has the best win rate of any manager in our history. 

Surely you can see the difference? 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

Really? Look at the squad we have and look at the output (on the whole) in 2021. It isn't good enough.

We've gone from being 5th (and arguably over performing) to slap bang mid table a few months into the season. If a drop of that magnitude screams "change the manager" then football these days sucks. 

It’s a tough watch this season..

We gift goals game after game and don’t learn from our errors.

We don’t have a preferred formation, constantly changing personnel.

Yet, we still insist on this tippy tappy crap from kasper into defence and try and play our way out from the back.

it’s awful to watch 

Should he go yes.

Do I want him to go no if?

He changes our pattern of play and stops with the over respect he shows every other team. His slow build keep ball sideways stuff is shite.

Take the game to teams threaten them put them under pressure when we break at pace.

I'd rather watch 14/15 before xmas Pearson stuff than this dirge.

2 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Honestly some of our supporters really are pretty stupid. I'll break it down for you fella... 

- Rodgers has 2 of the clubs 4 highest finishes in our entire history. 

- Rodgers is one of 2 managers in our history to win a major domestic trophy. 

- Rodgers has the best win rate of any manager in our history. 

Surely you can see the difference? 

You cannot live in the past

This rot hasnt just started, it started way back to the Slavia Prague game

The players don’t know there roles anymore that’s the blatant truth

Our press is shocking, are passing is terrible 

We are the worst team in the prem at set prices 

And we will be lucky to get mid table this season.

• Like 2