Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
K1FOX

ATMOSPHERE THURSDAY

This thread is embarrassing. You get lads trying to improve the atmosphere and do there best yet you’ll always get the odd few who have to moan about anything. 

We must have the biggest bunch of moaners in the league. I’m sure any other club wouldn’t have as much  moaning about people standing, doing tifos or even a flair as us

Edited by LCFC FOX

Not sure if there was any intention (I assume there wasn't), but the tifo wouldn't have looked out of place in the stands at Legia's biggest rivals, Lech Poznań. They are nicknamed the "Kolejorz" (meaning "Railwaymen"), have historical links to the rail industry, play in blue-and-white, and even have a steam train outside of their stadium. 

Given that Lech are well on their way to taking Legia's Ekstraklasa crown, that might have riled up their fans a bit. 😂

Edited by Górnik Leicester
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, GlennyFox55 said:

I think you’ve hit the nail on the head, having a clearly defined well positioned and large enough area/ block(s) is what is needed. Then it allows those who wish to to easily move to that area. Those that don’t know not to buy in that area and everyone enjoys their match experience how they wish while also hopefully boosting the overall atmosphere of the groubd

At present, especially in the kop, you need to know the exact row/ seat on where to move to to ensure you’ll be in an area where you can stand and sing without obstructing someones view.

Plenty of clubs have created sections like this.

United created a 3/4k ‘singing’ section this season.

Historically Derby, Forest, Huddersfield and Reading created ‘singing’ sections by moving the away ends.

Some of those above are what many would say are more family oriented clubs.

As has been so jovially pointed out over the years swap the kop with the family stand..but that ain't gonna happan in a million years, but what could happen is that the guys who are trying to get something done at the back of SK1, which isn't really getting any bigger than the last lot that tried it, could swap with the section next to the away fans in the family stand, surely there must be fans in the family stand whose kids have outgrown the family stand age critea and need to relocate anyway. It would solve all the problems with tifo cantankerous objectors as i'm sure they'd love that kind of stuff in the family stand as well as having the numbers to be able to outsing the away fans.

Do the clubs help out with the fans at clubs where the tifo displays are huge and put everyone else to shame? 

Galatasaray, Legia, Lech Poznan, Dortmund etc (just a few off the top of my head) - do the clubs help the fans and ultras out? Or is it all funded and organised by fan groups and club allow it? 

4 hours ago, Jakemoore said:

That’s unfair. It was very loud in SK1 last night. You just can’t hear it in K1 because you’re next to the away end? 

I was in SK1 my friend. The problem is the rest of the ground. 100 of us in SK1 and the rest of the 'Kop' sat like lemons.

15 minutes ago, GlennyFox55 said:

I think you’ve hit the nail on the head, having a clearly defined well positioned and large enough area/ block(s) is what is needed. Then it allows those who wish to to easily move to that area. Those that don’t know not to buy in that area and everyone enjoys their match experience how they wish while also hopefully boosting the overall atmosphere of the groubd

At present, especially in the kop, you need to know the exact row/ seat on where to move to to ensure you’ll be in an area where you can stand and sing without obstructing someones view.

Plenty of clubs have created sections like this.

United created a 3/4k ‘singing’ section this season.

Historically Derby, Forest, Huddersfield and Reading created ‘singing’ sections by moving the away ends.

Some of those above are what many would say are more family oriented clubs.

Yes are agree that in an ideal scenario this would be great, perhaps once the expansion is done then this will happen, my point/fear was that if you create this section, do you have enough people to fill it. If anyone wanted to currently stand in one of these sections can always look on here and I am sure "off the book" singing sections have been created with not much luck. I have not come across anyone on here who has said they want to do this but cannot get a ticket. If people come to realise that the area they sit in is an "unofficial" singing section then they have 2 options, either stay and join in or move to another part of the ground with the help of the club. 

Edited by hejammy
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BroughtonFox said:

Well you could always choose to sit in the other three stands we have. You’re located in the KOP ffs. These things happen.

stop crying because you couldn’t clap the players on lol 

This is a good point. Hopefully going forward these people who get annoyed over a bit of cloth covering the view for a couple of minutes will end up moving to another stand.

UFS don’t give up the good work and let these few individuals spoil it. You’re not allowed to moan at them though because you’ll be called an UFS elite.

29 minutes ago, The_77 said:

You’re imagining some mass pile on when you just keep making poor points. We all appreciate that you’re being very polite about this but that doesn’t mean anyone has to agree with you.

I referred to a "mass overnight pile-on": i.e. before I'd posted anything. It was that generic abuse (not abuse of me) that encouraged me to post in the first place.

As per my initial quote (from 6 different posters): "people going mental"...."wunkers"....."terrible supporters"...."shittest Kop end in the history of Kop ends"...."self-entitled cvnts"...."weird". All because a few people didn't like what was imposed on them.

I don't necessarily expect anyone to agree with me and you're entitled to think I've made poor points. I can't say I've found your points enlightening, either. Some people responding have made decent points.

Others have just indulged in abuse. Quoting from replies to my posts: "entitled fans"... "they taped over your mouth"....."people moan and moan"....."lazy, entitled and selfish"...."pathetic"...."you could sit in the other 3 stands"...."stop crying" etc.

I couldn't give a shit what anyone thinks of me, unless they know me and I respect their views, but it's hard not to see that as a generic pile-on followed by a personal pile-on.

29 minutes ago, The_77 said:

If you’ve been sitting in the kop for over a dozen years as you said, you’d have a perfect idea of just how long the display would be up and that you’d be in no danger of missing any real action, whether or not there was a leaflet on your seat. 

I've already answered this. My impression is that previous displays did not start so late, did not last so long - and certainly the tifo didn't stay immobile for so long or disrupt the walk-out so much.

Obviously, I was hopeful that I wouldn't miss any play - and didn't - but I absolutely didn't know that, given how long the tifo was stationary. For me, cheering the players onto the pitch is also part of the "real action", albeit a minor part.

1 minute ago, LCFC FOX said:

This is a good point. Hopefully going forward these people who get annoyed over a bit of cloth covering the view for a couple of minutes will end up moving to another stand.

UFS don’t give up the good work and let these few individuals spoil it. You’re not allowed to moan at them though because you’ll be called an UFS elite.

Out with the old and in with the new, so to speak.

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Do the clubs help out with the fans at clubs where the tifo displays are huge and put everyone else to shame? 

Galatasaray, Legia, Lech Poznan, Dortmund etc (just a few off the top of my head) - do the clubs help the fans and ultras out? Or is it all funded and organised by fan groups and club allow it? 

Some of those ultras groups are huge, well-structured and well-funded operations that also have links to other types of “business” activities. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, purpleronnie said:

Fair play to the club they've got exactly what they wanted.  A stadium packed with families and those who actively want to shut down any kind of atmosphere.

It's baffling to me given clubs around the world actively encourage fans to create an atmosphere yet we in England want the opposite...it's embarrassing to be be the butt of jokes from fans around the world but we are.

I can't see how it will ever change.  Even safe standing if it was ever introduced to our stadium (that's a big IF), we'd just have the majority standing in silence filming themselves.

I applaud all those who continue to try and make a difference against all the odds, my fear is you're fighting a losing battle, but you do give me a small amount of hope that maybe, just maybe, things can change.

The North Stand was pretty silent last night, the only time people showed any interest in the atmosphere was when the flares were lit, f#cking all standing up taking selfies 😏

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stadt said:

This thread furthers the case the ground really needs to be segmented based on what people actually want. At the minute besides the family stand and to an an extent, L1 and SK1, all parts of the ground offer the same experience. If a third of the Kop, from the top down was rail seating already there's a distinction in between two parts of the Kop.

If the club were willing, they'd create a pathway from being in the family stand to moving around the ground as you get older to match the experience you want. At the minute the ground attempts to cater for everybody and totally fulfils nobody. 

Spot on. That's how it was in my youth growing up on the Filbert Street terraces. Started on the wall of the main stand enclosure before moving around to the Kop as I got older and eventually up in the Double-Decker. 

I prefer the view from behind the goal but I now sit in the corner of the West Stand as I'm content to leave it to those that have the energy to create atmosphere. I still give it the verbals and punch the air when we score though :D

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

which isn't really getting any bigger than the last lot that tried it,

That's a capacity problem. Dozens of people move in as near as they can in SK1 each year but they're still dispersed around the area. A dedicated atmosphere section provides the capacity 

7 minutes ago, K1FOX said:

I was in SK1 my friend. The problem is the rest of the ground. 100 of us in SK1 and the rest of the 'Kop' sat like lemons.

Aww diddum's, did nobody join in with your songs?

I respect the UFS for doing the tifos, I think they're great and they must give the players a boost at the beginning of the game.

The one thing I can't abide by is the '100 of us in SK1' assuming that they're superior to all other fans because they stand and sing songs. Not everyone else cares as much about how the atmosphere sounds to away fans and people watching on TV, some people want to follow their club and go to games and just enjoy watching the football. You do you lads and leave the other 'lemons' to it.

41 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

I referred to a "mass overnight pile-on": i.e. before I'd posted anything. It was that generic abuse (not abuse of me) that encouraged me to post in the first place.

As per my initial quote (from 6 different posters): "people going mental"...."wunkers"....."terrible supporters"...."shittest Kop end in the history of Kop ends"...."self-entitled cvnts"...."weird". All because a few people didn't like what was imposed on them.

I don't necessarily expect anyone to agree with me and you're entitled to think I've made poor points. I can't say I've found your points enlightening, either. Some people responding have made decent points.

Others have just indulged in abuse. Quoting from replies to my posts: "entitled fans"... "they taped over your mouth"....."people moan and moan"....."lazy, entitled and selfish"...."pathetic"...."you could sit in the other 3 stands"...."stop crying" etc.

I couldn't give a shit what anyone thinks of me, unless they know me and I respect their views, but it's hard not to see that as a generic pile-on followed by a personal pile-on.

I've already answered this. My impression is that previous displays did not start so late, did not last so long - and certainly the tifo didn't stay immobile for so long or disrupt the walk-out so much.

Obviously, I was hopeful that I wouldn't miss any play - and didn't - but I absolutely didn't know that, given how long the tifo was stationary. For me, cheering the players onto the pitch is also part of the "real action", albeit a minor part.

I genuinely can't understand why you wouldn't be proud to take part in a display. Like it or not this sort of thing promotes the club. There is a reason that UEFA have a photo of a UFS display on their LCFC webpage and not a photo of some bloke pouring tepid coffee from a flask.

Edited by Vestan Pance
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, StanSP said:

All fan-organised. Independence from the club is hugely important for groups like that and, as has been mentioned, in some cases the club don't really have a choice even if they disapprove.

7 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

Unfortunately the timing of these things isn't an exact science and the group always try to minimise the amount of disruption they cause. There's always a rush to get banners down quickly once the full display is in place, so that people affected don't miss out on any of the actual game. In fact, the only people who do miss out are UFS themselves as they often have to spend the first few minutes of the match clearing up the mess out in the car park.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

Aww diddum's, did nobody join in with your songs?

I respect the UFS for doing the tifos, I think they're great and they must give the players a boost at the beginning of the game.

The one thing I can't abide by is the '100 of us in SK1' assuming that they're superior to all other fans because they stand and sing songs. Not everyone else cares as much about how the atmosphere sounds to away fans and people watching on TV, some people want to follow their club and go to games and just enjoy watching the football. You do you lads and leave the other 'lemons' to it.

Talk about a forward defensive. Nothing wrong with a lemon. Embrace it 

16 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

They are superior at supporting the team. 

Not hard but they are. 

Also, you summed it up nicely there. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Respectfully disagree. I think if any of those clubs were in Europe, they’d put more effort in and not have so many being so confrontational.

It may be the 1%, but the general nimby attitude of “The Kop” is quite pathetic. 

Fair play to those that got behind it and weren’t angry at a bit of cloth hovering over their heads for a few minutes. 

Yeh fair enough, can't judge them until they are in Europe. Although i do have an Everton season ticket holder acquaintance who said him and many others didn't even bother with the Europa games as they see it as an inferior competition. Burnley I think weren't up to much when they qualified and Man City fans notoriously hate the champions league and UEFA.

I've sat in the home sections at Chelsea (Matthew Harding lower), Arsenal (clock end next to away fans) and Spurs via free work tickets, and my god they start arguing with each other when someone shouts or stands up, mental.

But yeh overall, your point does make sense

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Alf Bentley said:

I've been in the Kop for 13-14 years and like it there, even if some of the comments on atmosphere are justified. But I like the view there and I like the people who sit near me. I don't want to move, thanks.....and "these things didn't happen" back in 2008. 

No tears here, mate. This is a forum and I'm just expressing views that happen to differ from yours. I also happen to enjoy arguing. ;)

There are much more important things in life than whether a few would-be members of some self-important, self-appointed cultural-copy-cat hipster elite disagree with my opinions.

It was actually only a minor annoyance last night. But there needs to be some comeback when a conformist parade of hipster posters hands out abuse to anyone who disagrees with them.

If the UFS "elite" get upset at people arguing back, perhaps they could take their pretty choo-choo train picture along to nursery on Monday. Teacher might give them a consolatory cuddle and a gold star. lol

Typical. Loves dishing out abuse but doesn’t like being criticised. 

1 hour ago, purpleronnie said:

Fair play to the club they've got exactly what they wanted.  A stadium packed with families and those who actively want to shut down any kind of atmosphere.

It's baffling to me given clubs around the world actively encourage fans to create an atmosphere yet we in England want the opposite...it's embarrassing to be be the butt of jokes from fans around the world but we are.

I can't see how it will ever change.  Even safe standing if it was ever introduced to our stadium (that's a big IF), we'd just have the majority standing in silence filming themselves.

I applaud all those who continue to try and make a difference against all the odds, my fear is you're fighting a losing battle, but you do give me a small amount of hope that maybe, just maybe, things can change.

Sadly you are right. Also agree with the comment about changing the layout of the ground to try to suit needs of different groups of supporters. Punching your own is utterly pathetic.

I didn't think the atmosphere was too bad last night compared to before but there is a clear disconnect between different sets in the ground.

The Tifo was great, by the way, and more than happy to play a part in them. Excellent work.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Absolutely no chance. Watford, the all conquering Man City, Everton, Newcastle, Burnley… even the virgin Instagram banter boys on the laaaaash ‘palace ultras’ - all quiet 

the ones that ‘abused and blocked’ the Tifo will be less than 1%. Why get upset about less than 1 in 100 people. Bit of perspective needed surely. 

Now put Newcastle, Everton, Watford and Burnley in the position our club has been in, in the last few years with some of the massive games we have at home and see if it would be silent for majority of the game. Absolutely no chance.