Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
K1FOX

ATMOSPHERE THURSDAY

27 minutes ago, Munshi said:

Now put Newcastle, Everton, Watford and Burnley in the position our club has been in, in the last few years with some of the massive games we have at home and see if it would be silent for majority of the game. Absolutely no chance. 

The massive games at the KP are loud though. Against Man Utd it was rocking. I live opposite a Watford season ticket holder and he said himself it was quiet on Saturday. Come on, how many big games have we had at Turf Moor and Watford in the championship days, they were not loud! Everton and Newcastle would be very very loud, in castigating their own teams.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Vestan Pance said:

I genuinely can't understand why you wouldn't be proud to take part in a display. Like it or not this sort of thing promotes the club. There is a reason that UEFA have a photo of a UFS display on their LCFC webpage and not a photo of some bloke pouring tepid coffee from a flask.

As I've repeatedly explained, I didn't know what I was taking part in until I got home and went online. I just knew that unidentified persons had dumped some sort of display sheet on my head and kept it there, for reasons unknown, for what felt like a long time, preventing me from cheering the team out as I'd wanted.

You and I obviously look for different things in football. I go to matches to watch the football and to cheer on my team. Your main interest seems to be in promoting the club online. At least some other posters have made decent points about tifos (if properly organised) potentially revving up the crowd and the players, but I can't relate to your focus at all. Perhaps you need to apply for a job in the LCFC online marketing department? :whistle:

I don't give a toss what photos are on the UEFA web site, but think it would be quite amusing if they had an image of a "flask army" member alongside some stylish tifo from the hipster Twitter generation.

Oh, and I like my coffee hot but only drink it late morning - and don't even own a flask.

1 hour ago, K1FOX said:

Typical. Loves dishing out abuse but doesn’t like being criticised. 

That's a strange response to my post stating that I wasn't upset, didn't care if people disagreed with my views and actively enjoyed arguing. Or maybe you were talking to/about yourself? 

"Dishing out abuse"? I've given the odd humorous jibe, but I'm not the one calling tifo refuseniks "self-entitled cvnts", "wunkers", "pathetic", "terrible supporters" etc. Anyway, another poster accused me of being "very polite"....:dunno:

5 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

I think we really have the shittest fans in the Premier League bar none. You can moan and say "all English clubs are like that!", but the reality is that they aren't this bad at all. 

What kind of "Kop" intends to block and abuse those that are going above and beyond to try and create some sort of atmosphere from our morgue? They just want to sit there in silence and be miserable ***** for the rest of their lives. 

I was surrounded by goons in L1 more interested in filming the Legia fans than actually getting behind the team themselves. 

It's passive shit and I think our fanbase is broken beyond repair.

This and when you factor in what we've been through and how others would react. I genuinely think we're probably the worst, against where it really ought to be anyway.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

Do the clubs help out with the fans at clubs where the tifo displays are huge and put everyone else to shame? 

Galatasaray, Legia, Lech Poznan, Dortmund etc (just a few off the top of my head) - do the clubs help the fans and ultras out? Or is it all funded and organised by fan groups and club allow it? 

The clubs allow unprecedented access but that’s about it, some of the ultras groups probably have more power than the actual board 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

5 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

Might just be fitting to my narrative as I agree completely about the clappers, but the club cannot even begin to trump it's reusable cups or any environmental credentials until it ditches printing 29,000 cardboard clappers incorporating 29,000 elastic bands for every single home game.

The CO2 involved, from printing to delivery, to the sheer waste with the vast, vast majority being binned or recycled one suspects is astonishing.

Have to agree with this, from the environmental view. I went on a training ground tour at seagrave a few weeks ago, and the tour guide pointed to a refillable bottle water station in the gym and touted the clubs eco credentials.... which was situated above a fridge full of plastic bottles.... just after showing us the under soil heating for the grass....anyway don't want to bash the bloke as he was fantastic and friendly. I always make a point to reuse the laggy band and throw the clapper in household recycling after matches, but you are walking through streams of waste at the end of games. Needs to end NOW.

Also on the eco point, why is there no bus schemes set up across the city/county into the KP. The traffic in the city last night was horrendous. I'd happily pay a few quid for some form of bus directly into the ground

3 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Yes good memory!! Top half premier league side now, that inevitably attarcts johnny come latelys who will all disappear again in a few years. Look at the ticket thread, how many people are begging for tickets to Villa, Leeds, Brentford away etc. They won't be around when we're back playing this lot on a Wednesday night in the championship. Also i agree with some of the points above claiming European clubs actively encourage fans to make a racket, but they would swap their fanbases with English clubs in a heartbeat. We are the richest and most powerful in the world.

What has being the 'richest and most powerful' got to do with fans? Maybe this is the issue, a we are better than simpletons we cannot stand and sing and show some passion.

1 hour ago, Alf Bentley said:

As I've repeatedly explained, I didn't know what I was taking part in until I got home and went online. I just knew that unidentified persons had dumped some sort of display sheet on my head and kept it there, for reasons unknown, for what felt like a long time, preventing me from cheering the team out as I'd wanted.

You and I obviously look for different things in football. I go to matches to watch the football and to cheer on my team. Your main interest seems to be in promoting the club online. At least some other posters have made decent points about tifos (if properly organised) potentially revving up the crowd and the players, but I can't relate to your focus at all. Perhaps you need to apply for a job in the LCFC online marketing department? :whistle:

I don't give a toss what photos are on the UEFA web site, but think it would be quite amusing if they had an image of a "flask army" member alongside some stylish tifo from the hipster Twitter generation.

Oh, and I like my coffee hot but only drink it late morning - and don't even own a flask.

The most confused, bizarre and selfish reply I've ever received on here. You even made the flask comment all about you. I hope for your sanity you're trolling.

Edited by Vestan Pance

3 hours ago, StanSP said:

Do the clubs help out with the fans at clubs where the tifo displays are huge and put everyone else to shame? 

Galatasaray, Legia, Lech Poznan, Dortmund etc (just a few off the top of my head) - do the clubs help the fans and ultras out? Or is it all funded and organised by fan groups and club allow it? 

They help by not standing in the way and just letting those groups get on with it.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, lcfc278 said:

Aww diddum's, did nobody join in with your songs?

I respect the UFS for doing the tifos, I think they're great and they must give the players a boost at the beginning of the game.

The one thing I can't abide by is the '100 of us in SK1' assuming that they're superior to all other fans because they stand and sing songs. Not everyone else cares as much about how the atmosphere sounds to away fans and people watching on TV, some people want to follow their club and go to games and just enjoy watching the football. You do you lads and leave the other 'lemons' to it.

It's not about other people. Support your team FFS. They do care

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, K1FOX said:

What has being the 'richest and most powerful' got to do with fans? Maybe this is the issue, a we are better than simpletons we cannot stand and sing and show some passion.

The point i was making was: its all good and well praising the European clubs for helping their fans go wild with banners and flares. But if those clubs had even a sniff of creating the money and power the English clubs had, they would treat their fans with far more disdan then we get treated. There'd be no ultra culture at all.

Just now, grobyfox1990 said:

The point i was making was: its all good and well praising the European clubs for helping their fans go wild with banners and flares. But if those clubs had even a sniff of creating the money and power the English clubs had, they would treat their fans with far more disdan then we get treated. There'd be no ultra culture at all.

Hmmm, not quite true. As said, Ultras in certain places have huge amounts of power. Even at clubs like Bayern you've got groups making a constant nuisance of themselves (in the eyes of the board) over issues like ticket prices and the club's dodgy links with Qatar. But even then, at a club like that, it's not worth the risk of banning them wholesale because of the uproar it would cause and the problems it would create.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sir Steve Howard said:

This is ridiculous. You're clearly trying to paint yourself as some reasonable bloke but at the same time trying to claim that you had absolutely no idea if the tifo would ever move off you. Given that you've been in the kop for a while and haven't missed any of the game previously when UFS / the club did displays, why did you think it would be different last night?? The only logical conclusion is that you are an idiot. You didn't miss any of the game last night either and yet you're still on here giving it the big un. Our fanbase never ceases to amaze.

As for the 'pile on' you keep referring to, it's apparent that the majority here are in favour of tifos. Some (including you) are against them, which you're entitled to be, but I find it odd that I've never seen such passion from some of the lot trying to obstruct the tifo. You make it sound like if it wasn't for the tifo being over your head you'd have been doing your best Legia ultra impression when the players walked out.

Two middle-aged blokes frothing at the mouth about not being able to see the players leave the tunnel saw fit to start swinging at fellow fans holding the tifo up. You're in good company Alf.

What an utterly dishonest response:

- I didn't claim I "had absolutely no idea if the tifo would ever move off" me. In the post you replied to, I said "I was hopeful that I wouldn't miss any play" (based on previous experience) "but absolutely didn't KNOW that, given how long the tifo was stationary". Why I thought it MIGHT be different last night was precisely because it hadn't been stationary anything like as long on those previous occasions - and there was no sign of it moving even when noise suggested the players were coming out.

- I'm not "on here giving it the big un" any more than you are. This is a forum. Anyone can contribute, within reason. Multiple people said things I disagreed with, so I made my original post. I've then replied to responses from others, some very reasonable, others less so (yours is about the worst - pure abuse and dishonesty).

- There's absolutely no connection between me apparently being in a small minority on here and who does or doesn't provide passionate match support. I've said nothing to suggest that I'd be doing a "Legia ultra impression". I make no claims to be some hardcore fan. I'm not as silent as some, but I'm not as loud as others. But I definitely would have been shouting and applauding when the players came out as I always do - but wasn't because I had an unexplained, immobile sheet on my head.

- The "frothing" middle-age blokes you mention are nothing to do with me. I've already twice said that I don't condone such behaviour - indeed, I condemn it. But if someone who shares your opinion becomes violent, does that make you "in good company" with them: e.g. whenever a Leicester fan gets in a fight, are you equally responsible? Of course not.

6 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Hmmm, not quite true. As said, Ultras in certain places have huge amounts of power. Even at clubs like Bayern you've got groups making a constant nuisance of themselves (in the eyes of the board) over issues like ticket prices and the club's dodgy links with Qatar. But even then, at a club like that, it's not worth the risk of banning them wholesale because of the uproar it would cause and the problems it would create.

Fair enough, Bayern must be in the top 5 richest clubs in the world. I suppose Liverpool fans can also claim some credit over the wins they've gained in ensuring ticket prices dont go up and Anfield is redeveloped.

But overall, we have a multi-billion dollar product that is being shaped to maximise short-term income and valuations for American execs. This is no secret. If other leagues were in this position, i'd imagine they'd stamp down on any 'edge' immediately. But quite clearly i stand to be corrected in individual cases.

54 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

What an utterly dishonest response:

- I didn't claim I "had absolutely no idea if the tifo would ever move off" me. In the post you replied to, I said "I was hopeful that I wouldn't miss any play" (based on previous experience) "but absolutely didn't KNOW that, given how long the tifo was stationary". Why I thought it MIGHT be different last night was precisely because it hadn't been stationary anything like as long on those previous occasions - and there was no sign of it moving even when noise suggested the players were coming out.

- I'm not "on here giving it the big un" any more than you are. This is a forum. Anyone can contribute, within reason. Multiple people said things I disagreed with, so I made my original post. I've then replied to responses from others, some very reasonable, others less so (yours is about the worst - pure abuse and dishonesty).

- There's absolutely no connection between me apparently being in a small minority on here and who does or doesn't provide passionate match support. I've said nothing to suggest that I'd be doing a "Legia ultra impression". I make no claims to be some hardcore fan. I'm not as silent as some, but I'm not as loud as others. But I definitely would have been shouting and applauding when the players came out as I always do - but wasn't because I had an unexplained, immobile sheet on my head.

- The "frothing" middle-age blokes you mention are nothing to do with me. I've already twice said that I don't condone such behaviour - indeed, I condemn it. But if someone who shares your opinion becomes violent, does that make you "in good company" with them: e.g. whenever a Leicester fan gets in a fight, are you equally responsible? Of course not.

You’ve said this a few times now and I feel like I should correct you. The Tifo was being rolled down and put away BEFORE the players even got anywhere near the Kop. I even thought to myself at the time that it seemed it was up for less time than usual. 

Then again you would obviously have been too confused to know your surroundings with the MASSIVE thick sheet above your head pinning you to the floor. 

Edited by Munshi
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

Might just be fitting to my narrative as I agree completely about the clappers, but the club cannot even begin to trump it's reusable cups or any environmental credentials until it ditches printing 29,000 cardboard clappers incorporating 29,000 elastic bands for every single home game.

The CO2 involved, from printing to delivery, to the sheer waste with the vast, vast majority being binned or recycled one suspects is astonishing.

Well said, good sir. :thumbup:

4 hours ago, K1FOX said:

I was in SK1 my friend. The problem is the rest of the ground. 100 of us in SK1 and the rest of the 'Kop' sat like lemons.

I wish we were better don’t get me wrong. I go to football to sing and chant. But I thought last night was good by our low standards!