Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
K1FOX

ATMOSPHERE THURSDAY

9 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I could put another way though; we probably have the most ‘generic’ ‘matchday experience’. I genuinely felt when we were first joined in the PL, we had a bit of something spiky about us and the city as a whole felt far more lively every weekend we played. 

The club are deluded and outdated as well if they think the ‘family atmosphere’ vibe is what works build support currently. Trends change. The fan zone they set up outside the family stand is such a collection of activities which used to entertain six/seven years ago. 

Everything needs changing. The ground is so generic.

1 hour ago, Alf Bentley said:

What extraordinary toxic arrogance from you lot!

Who are you to expect other fans to allow you to prevent them from cheering their team out? And then to abuse fellow fans who don't appreciate your unexplained ways. You're behaving like some divisive, self-appointed elite....

It's not about "seeing players walk out onto a pitch" or watching "players still standing facing the East Stand". Seeing the players come out is important not just in building anticipation but so that fans can cheer or voice support however they see fit. That has probably existed as long as football has been a spectator sport......until some hipster elite decides that they're entitled to put a sheet over people's heads so they can't even tell if the players have come out.

I don't condone anyone punching people or ripping holes in your precious tifo (didn't see that so DK if true), but I can well understand people being angry at having this imposed on them without explanation. I was moderately pissed off myself.

I didn't know who had done this or why (the club? a fans' group? sponsors? UEFA?). Of course, I couldn't appreciate your pretty picture of a choo-choo train as I was underneath the fvcking thing!

Although I assumed it was a team support tifo, it could have been a King Power or UEFA logo, an abusive message or a photo of you lot mooning your fragrant, hairless arses for all I knew!

The sheet was placed on us at an important moment, with no indication as to when, how or if it would be removed. Such tifos have appeared before but have either appeared a bit earlier or been kept in motion so that it's obvious that they'll go away after a minute or two. This one appeared late and just stayed put for what seemed like an eternity.

The UFS web site talks of "bolstering the atmosphere" and ensuring fans "are able to actively engage on matchdays". They may or may not have "smashed the Tifo once again", but they also undermined the atmosphere and undermined fans' ability to actively engage (albeit only for 5-10 minutes)....and now their supporters are coming on FT abusing fellow fans who don't like having stuff imposed on them that disrupts their matchday.

Most folk are tolerant, so I'm sure if these tifos were publicised, appeared a bit earlier and were kept in circulation, then people would help you enjoy the match your way. If you can't manage that, perhaps you should just put your sheet with its pretty picture over your OWN heads and get your mates to take photos that you can post on Twitter, declaring yourselves to be the hippest dudes this side of Milan, unlike your contemptible fellow fans who just want to cheer their team on.

Surprising and disappointing to see so many posters repping @Munshi's particularly vile post arrogantly abusing his/her fellow fans - including posters I'd otherwise respect like @SemperEadem, @Rain King, @Voll Blau and @StanSP.

At first I thought this was a wind up but I soon realised you were actually being seriousness. It's an interesting stance to say the least.

• Like 1

Last night reminded me of the 80’s and 90’s at Filbert St. My 22 year old son hadn’t  seen horses and 15 police vans in Aylestone Road before. 
The police convoy down Raw Dykes Road was something else new for him. 
great atmosphere but the fighting with the police was a stark reminder of the dark days which we have fortunately left behind for the most part and I hope UEFA deal with Legia severely. 

42 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

I didn't notice a fantastic kick-off atmosphere in the Kop, but then I'd only just emerged from under a sheet where I couldn't see or hear much at all.

Maybe it improved the atmosphere elsewhere in the ground while damaging it in the Kop, I don't know?

The players certainly started more aggressively than they have recently, which was good to see. But I'd hope that they feel fired up for every match.

It doesn't reflect well on players and/or management if they'd have started in a half-hearted manner without the crowd atmosphere you allege was created by the tifo.

Well you could always choose to sit in the other three stands we have. You’re located in the KOP ffs. These things happen.

stop crying because you couldn’t clap the players on lol 

Edited by BroughtonFox
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Lako42 said:

I was in SK1, it was shite like it always is. 

If you mean a few of the people who were asleep for most of the game woke up when they lit flares and suddenly got interested then yes it was fantastic. 

In no way shape or form was SK1 good last night. 

There were a few moments when it started to pick up as chants caught on from different areas, but then the drum started, drowned it out and you couldn't hear what people were singing, so it killed it.

17 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Well I was in the Kop and that’s the most boisterous it’s been a long time but then I’m lucky enough to be a block away from the UFS corner. Without it wouldn’t be particularly great.

Either way it elevated the rest of stadium. Let’s turn the shoe on the other foot either rather than going to what certain individuals want. 

Would it look impressive to players ? Would give something in the minds of the opposition? Does the rest of the crowd get a lift? Does it look great to the new generation of fans opposite in the Family Stand?

The club thought it was wise to use a pulley system from the Champions League. Didn’t think it looked great and blocked my view for a couple of minutes but accepted for what it was. A tool to rev up the entire stadium. Before Sevilla, the surfer took up a huge amount of space and worked so so well as a motivator for players and crowd. I’ll happily miss the players running out for that effect.

The performance record when we have a tifo is actually quite good. (And alongside the trialed singing section). So it clearly adjusts the mindset of players and also the fans. We got our earliest goal in a long time. As I said earlier Daka won his first challenge within seconds and set up a chance 

If you're near the UFS corner, I'm guessing you probably weren't under the sheet, then? I'm just judging from the photo posted earlier, which showed it only covering central sections (the right edge was a few seats along from me).

I take your points about the potential benefits for atmosphere in other parts of the stadium. But that shouldn't be achieved at the expense of one part of the stadium.

I've already made clear that, although tifo culture isn't something I'm involved in, I'm not opposed to it - but it needs to be done in a way and at a time that doesn't piss people off.

Who knows whether our strong start yesterday was influenced by atmosphere or not? You'd hope they'd be fired up for every match - and certainly for a "must win" European tie like that.

Likewise with performance/results, it would be tough to prove that tifos are crucial to performance in any way. For a start, last night we were playing a side that had lost its last 8 matches or something, weren't we?

As for the great atmosphere supposedly generated.....not terrible but I've been at a lot better, especially second half when things got increasingly quieter, apart from the shenanigans of the Polish fans.

@Lako42doesn't seem to agree with you that the atmosphere triggered was great as here's his post last night: "It's ****ing wank :scarf:L1 being proper embarrassed. Kop dead. Lazy, entitled, boring".

15 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Seriously? 

Rather than putting a leaflet on every single seat of those affected (yours wasn't missed) you think a post on a forum would have been more appropriate? 

Coming across as lazy, entitled and selfish. 

They did everything they could to let you know what was happening, you just chose to be oblivious and then use it as a stick to beat people with. 

Pathetic

Glad to hear that you managed to employ the only infallible person in the world, someone incapable of missing a single seat out of thousands.:rolleyes:

As I said, there could be multiple reasons why I didn't see the leaflet. Maybe it had been put there but had fallen out or maybe it fell on the ground when I took the clapper out (assuming it was behind the bar).

But you're out of order to say that I "chose to be oblivious" - effectively accusing me of lying. I didn't know anything about your precious tifo until an unexplained sheet appeared above my head and seemed to stay there for ages.

Also, I didn't mean that a post on a forum should REPLACE leaflets. It was a constructive suggestion as to how things might be improved in future. If UFS are prepared to go to the hassle of distributing thousands of leaflets, surely it would be a simple matter for someone to ALSO post on here and elsewhere. For whatever reason, I didn't get the leaflet, but almost certainly would have seen a post on here.

I'll largely ignore your abuse, but you really should try to vary your adjectives a bit. You described your fellow fans as "lazy and entitled" last night. Perhaps you should vary the stick with which you beat people? ;)

11 minutes ago, BroughtonFox said:

Well you could always choose to sit in the other three stands we have. You’re located in the KOP ffs. These things happen.

stop crying because you couldn’t clap the players on lol 

I have no problem being part and I will always help to move the tifo along but I keep seeing this as the only argument. People are different and some probaby don't want something above their heads for different reasons.

Edited by Fox92
changed to 'something'
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

The Europa League music plays when they walk out……

Different cultures but at Legia away literally had a wall of noise with a huge tifo up 

I did hear some distant music and an increase in crowd noise, so thought the players probably had come out. But I still didn't feel like cheering and chanting under an unexplained sheet that kept falling on my head.

Yes, a different culture - and if someone wants to introduce a new culture by copying or adapting a culture among continental fans, the onus is on them to get others on board or to do it in a way that doesn't bother others. It's not right that those who are put out by it should have it imposed on them and then be abused for raising objections.

There is a decades-old culture in this country of roaring your team onto the pitch. If you're going to interfere with that, you need to inform people properly and take some account of the pre-existing culture, even if it seems boring and old-fashioned to you.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

I did hear some distant music and an increase in crowd noise, so thought the players probably had come out. But I still didn't feel like cheering and chanting under an unexplained sheet that kept falling on my head.

Yes, a different culture - and if someone wants to introduce a new culture by copying or adapting a culture among continental fans, the onus is on them to get others on board or to do it in a way that doesn't bother others. It's not right that those who are put out by it should have it imposed on them and then be abused for raising objections.

There is a decades-old culture in this country of roaring your team onto the pitch. If you're going to interfere with that, you need to inform people properly and take some account of the pre-existing culture, even if it seems boring and old-fashioned to you.

But in those decades there has been various ways of support which impede someone’s view of the pitch. Filbo for a good spell was balloons, ticker type/newspaper, surfers of a similar type. Spell of the 80s, we had inflatable toys as a craze - was that hipsters?

There’s always been phases and trends of things which are attempts at improve atmospheres which may come at the detriment to someone’s view of the pitch. 

To touch on your point in earlier post, no I wasn’t underneath yesterday’s display but as I said I was underneath it for Sevilla at home and my view was blocked for other European games where the club hung banners form the roof. Yeah I’m happy for that to occur if it gives the rest of the crowd a spectacle 

Fans were informed. There was a message left connected to every seat. I don’t know why you are denying that with the clear evidence presented. The guys who’ve done that cant legislate if that goes missing. In the same way the club can’t do it if someone pinches the hand out freebies.

By the way did you think it was accept that the abuse of the lad who was controlling the tifo was physically assault? That dismissal you did over a number of posters was related closely to that. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lako42 said:

Seriously? 

Rather than putting a leaflet on every single seat of those affected (yours wasn't missed) you think a post on a forum would have been more appropriate? 

Coming across as lazy, entitled and selfish. 

They did everything they could to let you know what was happening, you just chose to be oblivious and then use it as a stick to beat people with. 

Pathetic

Tbf leaflets were on every other seat this time. Partly to save cost and partly to save time, lads were at the ground until gone 11pm Wednesday. 

But this wasn't exactly the first tifo, about the 10/11th full stand display I think. 

2 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

I think we really have the shittest fans in the Premier League bar none. You can moan and say "all English clubs are like that!", but the reality is that they aren't this bad at all. 

What kind of "Kop" intends to block and abuse those that are going above and beyond to try and create some sort of atmosphere from our morgue? They just want to sit there in silence and be miserable ***** for the rest of their lives. 

I was surrounded by goons in L1 more interested in filming the Legia fans than actually getting behind the team themselves. 

It's passive shit and I think our fanbase is broken beyond repair.

Absolutely no chance. Watford, the all conquering Man City, Everton, Newcastle, Burnley… even the virgin Instagram banter boys on the laaaaash ‘palace ultras’ - all quiet 

the ones that ‘abused and blocked’ the Tifo will be less than 1%. Why get upset about less than 1 in 100 people. Bit of perspective needed surely.