Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
18 hours ago, K1FOX said:

European night under the lights 3 points takes us top of the group with a game to play. This is what we dreamed of during the dark days. If it isn't rocking today i'm afraid it never will be.

Sadly on the night it really wasn’t much cop.

Posted
1 hour ago, Kingleicester said:

Shouldn’t be called the kop tbf 

Hold up … are you saying the Kop and Family Stand have swapped by stealth and we didn’t know? Cheeky club officials!

Posted
7 hours ago, Aleksz said:

Definitely coordinated. Big fan of them getting their big flag out and putting it over them to get stuff organisedlol

Commonplace abroad. When a big sheet goes up, pyro's going down...

  • Haha 1
Posted

L1 - Where people go to fake looking hard and do **** all else. 

 

Kind of proves that having a standing section doesn't mean singing. 

 

I am just to the side of the UFS lot and despite everyone standing hardly anyone actually gets behind the team. 

 

 

Posted
Just now, SemperEadem said:

Sat thinking how both mental and sad it is that guys who spent hours and hours of their own time creating something for all fans to enjoy and players to harness faced punches and a volley of abuse from members of the kop. 

They should pursue it and get the tossers banned

Posted
6 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

L1 - Where people go to fake looking hard and do **** all else. 

 

Kind of proves that having a standing section doesn't mean singing. 

 

I am just to the side of the UFS lot and despite everyone standing hardly anyone actually gets behind the team. 

 

 

Problem is if you’re expecting roughly 700 out of 30k of your fans to carry an atmosphere split over two parts of the ground, you have no chance. 
 

People want safe Standing as it will be the only way to get a more unified larger ‘end’.


Has to be done with the expansion as L1 is likely to go which will damage the already poor atmosphere further.

 

Also I’ve noticed a fair few regulars just don’t bother with cup games for one reason or another. 

  • Like 1
Posted
Just now, GlennyFox55 said:

Problem is if you’re expecting roughly 700 out of 30k of your fans to carry an atmosphere split over two parts of the ground, you have no chance. 
 

People want safe Standing as it will be the only way to get a more unified larger ‘end’.


Has to be done with the expansion as L1 is likely to go which will damage the already poor atmosphere further.

 

Also I’ve noticed a fair few regulars just don’t bother with cup games for one reason or another. 

I'm telling you now the standing area at Leicester will be full of lads who want to look the part, be in where the atmosphere is but make zero contribution. 

 

We don't even have 700 who consistently get behind the team all game. 

Posted
8 hours ago, K1FOX said:

F*** me we may have the shittest ‘Kop End’ in the history of Kop ends.

That’s unfair. It was very loud in SK1 last night. You just can’t hear it in K1 because you’re next to the away end? 

  • Like 3
Posted
59 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

Sounded very flat on the TV last night - almost like Man City’s atmosphere 

I thought the continual clatter of cardboard and the wonderful goal music really translated well. :whistle:

  • Haha 4
Posted
1 minute ago, Jakemoore said:

That’s unfair. It was very loud in SK1 last night. You just can’t hear it in K1 because you’re next to the away end? 

I was in SK1, it was shite like it always is. 

 

If you mean a few of the people who were asleep for most of the game woke up when they lit flares and suddenly got interested then yes it was fantastic. 

 

In no way shape or form was SK1 good last night. 

Posted
2 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

I'm actually a little bit surprised at how scathing many are being about the atmosphere last night. I often slate our home support and last night was by no means good, but it's been far worse recently than it was last night.

I think it’s more people were hoping for a lot better given the magnitude of the game and also the contrast with the away end.

 

The only section of the game that had decent noise from us was the 10 / 15 minutes after the flares went off which seemed to wake us up a bit. 

Posted
Just now, GlennyFox55 said:

I think it’s more people were hoping for a lot better given the magnitude of the game and also the contrast with the away end.

 

The only section of the game that had decent noise from us was the 10 / 15 minutes after the flares went off which seemed to wake us up a bit. 

The pyro definitely improved things for a bit. I thought the first five minutes or so of the game was good too. Most of the game was very meh, but it's been worse this season. Spartak at home was like a morgue. 

  • Like 1
Posted
5 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

I think we really have the shittest fans in the Premier League bar none. You can moan and say "all English clubs are like that!", but the reality is that they aren't this bad at all. 

 

What kind of "Kop" intends to block and abuse those that are going above and beyond to try and create some sort of atmosphere from our morgue? They just want to sit there in silence and be miserable ***** for the rest of their lives. 

 

I was surrounded by goons in L1 more interested in filming the Legia fans than actually getting behind the team themselves. 

 

It's passive shit and I think our fanbase is broken beyond repair.

Pretty much

 

 

 

Posted
7 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

I think we really have the shittest fans in the Premier League bar none. You can moan and say "all English clubs are like that!", but the reality is that they aren't this bad at all. 

 

What kind of "Kop" intends to block and abuse those that are going above and beyond to try and create some sort of atmosphere from our morgue? They just want to sit there in silence and be miserable ***** for the rest of their lives. 

 

I was surrounded by goons in L1 more interested in filming the Legia fans than actually getting behind the team themselves. 

 

It's passive shit and I think our fanbase is broken beyond repair.

'Tell me you have never been to Everton away, without saying it' 😄 

  • Haha 1
Posted

Why is our atmosphere so bad? Is it the huge proportion of old biddies? Every time the TV cameras pan round our ground its rammed to the rafters with them all sat down. I think there should be a mandate brought in, like what they've done with covid passes that if you want to come to the football and you don't sing then a klaxon goes off and you get a 10 year ban. That should sort the wheat from the chaff. Move in to a 8k rail seater stadium and we'll be sound. 

  • Like 1
Posted
4 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

 

 

 

 

 

 

What extraordinary toxic arrogance from you lot!

Who are you to expect other fans to allow you to prevent them from cheering their team out? And then to abuse fellow fans who don't appreciate your unexplained ways. You're behaving like some divisive, self-appointed elite....

 

It's not about "seeing players walk out onto a pitch" or watching "players still standing facing the East Stand". Seeing the players come out is important not just in building anticipation but so that fans can cheer or voice support however they see fit. That has probably existed as long as football has been a spectator sport......until some hipster elite decides that they're entitled to put a sheet over people's heads so they can't even tell if the players have come out.

 

I don't condone anyone punching people or ripping holes in your precious tifo (didn't see that so DK if true), but I can well understand people being angry at having this imposed on them without explanation. I was moderately pissed off myself.

 

I didn't know who had done this or why (the club? a fans' group? sponsors? UEFA?). Of course, I couldn't appreciate your pretty picture of a choo-choo train as I was underneath the fvcking thing!

Although I assumed it was a team support tifo, it could have been a King Power or UEFA logo, an abusive message or a photo of you lot mooning your fragrant, hairless arses for all I knew!

 

The sheet was placed on us at an important moment, with no indication as to when, how or if it would be removed. Such tifos have appeared before but have either appeared a bit earlier or been kept in motion so that it's obvious that they'll go away after a minute or two. This one appeared late and just stayed put for what seemed like an eternity.

 

The UFS web site talks of "bolstering the atmosphere" and ensuring fans "are able to actively engage on matchdays". They may or may not have "smashed the Tifo once again", but they also undermined the atmosphere and undermined fans' ability to actively engage (albeit only for 5-10 minutes)....and now their supporters are coming on FT abusing fellow fans who don't like having stuff imposed on them that disrupts their matchday.

 

Most folk are tolerant, so I'm sure if these tifos were publicised, appeared a bit earlier and were kept in circulation, then people would help you enjoy the match your way. If you can't manage that, perhaps you should just put your sheet with its pretty picture over your OWN heads and get your mates to take photos that you can post on Twitter, declaring yourselves to be the hippest dudes this side of Milan, unlike your contemptible fellow fans who just want to cheer their team on.

 

Surprising and disappointing to see so many posters repping @Munshi's particularly vile post arrogantly abusing his/her fellow fans - including posters I'd otherwise respect like @SemperEadem, @Rain King, @Voll Blau and @StanSP.

Didn't read the leaflet that they went to trouble of creating to explain then? 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...