Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
K1FOX

ATMOSPHERE THURSDAY

18 minutes ago, Munshi said:

You’ve said this a few times now and I feel like I should correct you. The Tifo was being rolled down and put away BEFORE the players even got anywhere near the Kop. I even thought to myself at the time that it seemed it was up for less time than usual. 

Then again you would obviously have been too confused to know your surroundings with the MASSIVE thick sheet above your head pinning you to the floor. 

Well, I'll correct you in turn. Please stop misrepresenting what I've said. 

I said nothing about when the tifo was being rolled down or when the players got near the Kop. In your response, you've even put my words in bold: "there was no sign of it moving even when noise suggested the players were coming out".

Now look at the photo that Vestan Pance has posted on p.5 of this thread. It shows the players coming out and the tifo still covering most of the central sections of the Kop, including the bit where my seat is.

From the photo, it looks as if some unrolling may have started at the top but I'd have known nothing about that. As far as I recall, the players were just breaking away from their line-up when the sheet came off our area.

I was quite clear about my surroundings, thanks, and managed to remain standing despite the fearsome weight of the sheet. It was only a minor irritant, in fact, apart from disrupting my "cheer the lads onto the pitch" opportunities. 

Apologies to anyone who's getting sick of this ridiculous dialogue, but I feel that I have to respond when people deliberately and disingenuously misrepresent what I've said.

Respect to anyone who put a lot of work into the tifo - and to posters who disagree with me but have made reasonable arguments for why tifos can be a good thing. They're not particularly my thing, but I hope they are beneficial and appreciated by those who like them. Who knows, that might even include me - I'm not hostile to the whole idea, just the implementation last night for the reasons explained. I hope 1 or 2 of the more reasonable UFS people may even take some notice of the points I've made - and I do appreciate the point someone made that it's no easy task to make the things, to ensure almost everyone is aware of what's happening and to deal with timing, roll-out, removal etc. Good luck to you. :thumbup:

3 minutes ago, Lcfc098 said:

First things first, clappers need to be removed from the stadium. Smashing clappers against their knees provides people the idea that they are contributing to the noise and have done their bit.

I share this. We are convincing supporters, particularly younger ones, that atmosphere has to be manufactured with clappers etc. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Alf Bentley said:

What extraordinary toxic arrogance from you lot!

Who are you to expect other fans to allow you to prevent them from cheering their team out? And then to abuse fellow fans who don't appreciate your unexplained ways. You're behaving like some divisive, self-appointed elite....

It's not about "seeing players walk out onto a pitch" or watching "players still standing facing the East Stand". Seeing the players come out is important not just in building anticipation but so that fans can cheer or voice support however they see fit. That has probably existed as long as football has been a spectator sport......until some hipster elite decides that they're entitled to put a sheet over people's heads so they can't even tell if the players have come out.

I don't condone anyone punching people or ripping holes in your precious tifo (didn't see that so DK if true), but I can well understand people being angry at having this imposed on them without explanation. I was moderately pissed off myself.

I didn't know who had done this or why (the club? a fans' group? sponsors? UEFA?). Of course, I couldn't appreciate your pretty picture of a choo-choo train as I was underneath the fvcking thing!

Although I assumed it was a team support tifo, it could have been a King Power or UEFA logo, an abusive message or a photo of you lot mooning your fragrant, hairless arses for all I knew!

The sheet was placed on us at an important moment, with no indication as to when, how or if it would be removed. Such tifos have appeared before but have either appeared a bit earlier or been kept in motion so that it's obvious that they'll go away after a minute or two. This one appeared late and just stayed put for what seemed like an eternity.

The UFS web site talks of "bolstering the atmosphere" and ensuring fans "are able to actively engage on matchdays". They may or may not have "smashed the Tifo once again", but they also undermined the atmosphere and undermined fans' ability to actively engage (albeit only for 5-10 minutes)....and now their supporters are coming on FT abusing fellow fans who don't like having stuff imposed on them that disrupts their matchday.

Most folk are tolerant, so I'm sure if these tifos were publicised, appeared a bit earlier and were kept in circulation, then people would help you enjoy the match your way. If you can't manage that, perhaps you should just put your sheet with its pretty picture over your OWN heads and get your mates to take photos that you can post on Twitter, declaring yourselves to be the hippest dudes this side of Milan, unlike your contemptible fellow fans who just want to cheer their team on.

Surprising and disappointing to see so many posters repping @Munshi's particularly vile post arrogantly abusing his/her fellow fans - including posters I'd otherwise respect like @SemperEadem, @Rain King, @Voll Blau and @StanSP.

Wow. One of the worst posts I’ve ever read on this forum.

• Haha 1

5 charged and none of them actually from Poland... 2 from London and 3 locals!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-59437352

Five men have been charged following violence at the Legia Warsaw game against Leicester City.

Seven people were arrested and 12 police officers injured on Thursday when those in the Legia Warsaw area tried to break through to home fans.

Two of the injured officers required hospital treatment.

Three men have been charged with public order offences, one with a public order offence and drug possession and another with assault.

A 34-year-old man from London has been charged with one count of assault and two counts of assaulting an emergency worker.

Another man, 26, from London is charged with public order and possession of a controlled class B drug.

Three men aged, 21, 30 and 31, from Market Harborough, Blaby and Leicester are charged with public order.

All are due to appear at Loughborough Magistrates' Court on 10 December.

A 30-year-old man arrested on suspicion of violent disorder and a 24-year-old man arrested on suspicion of assaulting an emergency worker and possession of a controlled class B drug have been released on police bail pending further inquiries.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

5 charged and none of them actually from Poland... 2 from London and 3 locals!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-59437352

Five men have been charged following violence at the Legia Warsaw game against Leicester City.

Seven people were arrested and 12 police officers injured on Thursday when those in the Legia Warsaw area tried to break through to home fans.

Two of the injured officers required hospital treatment.

Three men have been charged with public order offences, one with a public order offence and drug possession and another with assault.

A 34-year-old man from London has been charged with one count of assault and two counts of assaulting an emergency worker.

Another man, 26, from London is charged with public order and possession of a controlled class B drug.

Three men aged, 21, 30 and 31, from Market Harborough, Blaby and Leicester are charged with public order.

All are due to appear at Loughborough Magistrates' Court on 10 December.

A 30-year-old man arrested on suspicion of violent disorder and a 24-year-old man arrested on suspicion of assaulting an emergency worker and possession of a controlled class B drug have been released on police bail pending further inquiries.

Absolutely shambolic really. They should have been let out the stadium in single file and locked up as they left. Basically let them get away with rinsing Leicestershire police.

4 minutes ago, An Away Move said:

Was anyone else impressed with Legia Warsaw's fans before they attacked us?! I thought they were amazing. Hugely impressive noise and the moment the flares went off in unison was actually really special IMO.

Yeah they were good 

I'd have thought the players would be super pumped at seeing the tifo, as opposed to a stand full of people using clappers! It shows creativity, you won't miss the match and gain nothing from seeing the players coming out.

In all the years of going to the football, it's honestly something I've ever been desperate to see.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, I blame Wellens said:

Not a clue… the amount of thumbs up shows how naff are support is now.

But I’m resigned to this fact

A relegation or 2 may change our fan base for the better. 

I’m 50 now and remember the time where we got the team going. 

would love to say that our support is no worst than most prem teams but the reality is we are quite possibly the worst.

When was that? I've been going for 20 years and it's been this way.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, I blame Wellens said:

would love to say that our support is no worst than most prem teams but the reality is we are quite possibly the worst.

You didn't go back in the Championship/League 1 days did you?

With our wage bill and overall debts I'd say we'd be totally screwed... all for the sake of improving the atmosphere lol

3 hours ago, I blame Wellens said:

It wasn't as good as you remember and is as bad as you think now.