Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, FOXSE said:

'Tell me you have never been to Everton away, without saying it' 😄 

The Gladwys Street End wouldn't have been twatting their own fans for blocking their view for 2 minutes lol 

Edited by RonnieTodger
Posted

Couple of minor points from last night's away fans' performance.

 

Does anyone know why they were completely silent until the 9th minute, and then didn't stop for most of the rest of the evening.

 

Secondly, in answer to the question of smuggling in those flares, I heard that there were indeed tucked into their underwear and the more thorough stewards assumed that the Legia fans were just unduly excited to be at the match last night....

Posted
Just now, Fox1970 said:

Couple of minor points from last night's away fans' performance.

 

Does anyone know why they were completely silent until the 9th minute, and then didn't stop for most of the rest of the evening.

 

Secondly, in answer to the question of smuggling in those flares, I heard that there were indeed tucked into their underwear and the more thorough stewards assumed that the Legia fans were just unduly excited to be at the match last night....

9 minutes for 9 losses I believe. A way of showing dissatisfaction with their current performances 

  • Like 2
Posted
2 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

9 minutes for 9 losses I believe. A way of showing dissatisfaction with their current performances 

I like this

 

Quite a smart and non detrimental way of getting a point across. 

 

 

I do fear they will soon be silent for the entire first half though. 

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Assume you did not read this which was placed on your seat.

 

 

10 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Didn't read the leaflet that they went to trouble of creating to explain then? 

 

If any leaflet was on my seat, I didn't see it - and my clapper was there (though you'll be pleased to hear that I'm enough of a hip dude not to have used it much, preferring my hands and voice).

 

Maybe they missed my seat, maybe it fell off, maybe someone was so excited by the choo-choo train concept that they nicked it. :dunno:

 

Perhaps you could move into the E-Net Age and post a topic on here to publicise the plan - I'd have seen it then. Did you not do that? 

 

Even with advance knowledge, though, I think such things need to be done in a way so folk can cheer their team out if they want and know that the tifo will move on soon.

 

Edited by Alf Bentley
Posted
1 hour ago, SemperEadem said:

Sat thinking how both mental and sad it is that guys who spent hours and hours of their own time creating something for all fans to enjoy and players to harness faced punches and a volley of abuse from members of the kop. 

 

Best to look at the buy-in from many thousands in the Kop in these situations, rather than the ridiculous behaviour of the few. 

 

If there was magnanimous dissatisfaction with the tifo from the whole Kop, then it would just be the lads and lasses holding the sign up at the front, with glum faces sat behind with nothing lifted in the air.

  • Like 1
Posted
1 minute ago, walkerleeds said:

 

Best to look at the buy-in from many thousands in the Kop in these situations, rather than the ridiculous behaviour of the few. 

 

If there was magnanimous dissatisfaction with the tifo from the whole Kop, then it would just be the lads and lasses holding the sign up at the front, with glum faces sat behind with nothing lifted in the air.

Yeah you are right, still raw and just irks you after knowing how much effort goes into them.

Posted
16 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

‘Undermined’ the atmosphere. 
 

They boosted it. Haven’t had an atmosphere at kick off for a good couple of years. Totally proven by Daka flying into his first challenge and the ref allowing it. 
 

Don’t let a bunch of entitled fans in the Kop ruin it for the 28,000 others across the stadium. 
 

I remember the surfers from the 90s and no one got all precious then about seeing players run out 

I agree with this. The atmosphere was noticeably better for the first five minutes or so of the game than it otherwise has been recently. It died down after that though. 

  • Like 1
Posted
17 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

The Gladwys Street End wouldn't have been twatting their own fans for blocking their view for 2 minutes lol 

"Put the fuchin' banner doaawwnn ya shithouse la" 

  • Haha 1
Posted
14 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

I like this

 

Quite a smart and non detrimental way of getting a point across. 

 

 

I do fear they will soon be silent for the entire first half though. 

That's what we're doing ain't it. 90 losses.

  • Haha 2
Posted
12 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

 

 

If any leaflet was on my seat, I didn't see it - and my clapper was there (though you'll be pleased to hear that I'm enough of a hip dude not to have used it much, preferring my hands and voice).

 

Maybe they missed my seat, maybe it fell off, maybe someone was so excited by the choo-choo train concept that they nicked it. :dunno:

 

Perhaps you could move into the E-Net Age and post a topic on here to publicise the plan - I'd have seen it then. Did you not do that? 

 

Even with advance knowledge, though, I think such things need to be done in a way so folk can cheer their team out if they want and know that the tifo will move on soon.

 

Didnt realise that they also taped over your mouth and having something over your head for a couple of minutes would really stop you chanting and cheering your team on? 

 

Honestly people moan and moan about the atmosphere and then when something is done to try and help it they still moan! 

 

Keep going UFS the majority of us will get behind you but you're always going to get some that just don't get it. 

  • Like 1
Posted
19 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

‘Undermined’ the atmosphere. 
 

They boosted it. Haven’t had an atmosphere at kick off like that for a good couple of years. Totally proven by Daka flying into his first challenge and the ref allowing it. 
 

Don’t let a bunch of entitled fans in the Kop ruin it for the 28,000 others across the stadium. 
 

I remember the surfers from the 90s and no one got all precious then about seeing players run out 

 

I didn't notice a fantastic kick-off atmosphere in the Kop, but then I'd only just emerged from under a sheet where I couldn't see or hear much at all.

Maybe it improved the atmosphere elsewhere in the ground while damaging it in the Kop, I don't know?

 

The players certainly started more aggressively than they have recently, which was good to see. But I'd hope that they feel fired up for every match.

It doesn't reflect well on players and/or management if they'd have started in a half-hearted manner without the crowd atmosphere you allege was created by the tifo.

Posted
6 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Didnt realise that they also taped over your mouth and having something over your head for a couple of minutes would really stop you chanting and cheering your team on? 

 

Honestly people moan and moan about the atmosphere and then when something is done to try and help it they still moan! 

 

Keep going UFS the majority of us will get behind you but you're always going to get some that just don't get it. 

 

No mouth taping, but would be a bit weird to stand cheering under a sheet without even knowing whether the team was on the pitch or not. 

 

Mind you, I'm an open-minded bloke, so no problem if you want to put a sheet over yourself before you start chanting. :D

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

 

I didn't notice a fantastic kick-off atmosphere in the Kop, but then I'd only just emerged from under a sheet where I couldn't see or hear much at all.

Maybe it improved the atmosphere elsewhere in the ground while damaging it in the Kop, I don't know?

 

The players certainly started more aggressively than they have recently, which was good to see. But I'd hope that they feel fired up for every match.

It doesn't reflect well on players and/or management if they'd have started in a half-hearted manner without the crowd atmosphere you allege was created by the tifo.

Well I was in the Kop and that’s the most boisterous it’s been a long time but then I’m lucky enough to be a block away from the UFS corner. Without it wouldn’t be particularly great.
 

Either way it elevated the rest of stadium. Let’s turn the shoe on the other foot either rather than going to what certain individuals want. 
 

Would it look impressive to players ? Would give something in the minds of the opposition? Does the rest of the crowd get a lift? Does it look great to the new generation of fans opposite in the Family Stand?

 

The club thought it was wise to use a pulley system from the Champions League. Didn’t think it looked great and blocked my view for a couple of minutes but accepted for what it was. A tool to rev up the entire stadium. Before Sevilla, the surfer took up a huge amount of space and worked so so well as a motivator for players and crowd. I’ll happily miss the players running out for that effect.
 

The performance record when we have a tifo is actually quite good. (And alongside the trialed singing section). So it clearly adjusts the mindset of players and also the fans. We got our earliest goal in a long time. As I said earlier Daka won his first challenge within seconds and set up a chance 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 2
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

 

No mouth taping, but would be a bit weird to stand cheering under a sheet without even knowing whether the team was on the pitch or not. 

 

Mind you, I'm an open-minded bloke, so no problem if you want to put a sheet over yourself before you start chanting. :D

The Europa League music plays when they walk out……

 

Different cultures but at Legia away literally had a wall of noise with a huge tifo up 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
Posted
29 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

 

 

 

Perhaps you could move into the E-Net Age and post a topic on here to publicise the plan - I'd have seen it then. Did you not do that? 

 

 

 

Seriously? 

 

Rather than putting a leaflet on every single seat of those affected (yours wasn't missed) you think a post on a forum would have been more appropriate? 

 

 

Coming across as lazy, entitled and selfish. 

 

They did everything they could to let you know what was happening, you just chose to be oblivious and then use it as a stick to beat people with. 

 

Pathetic

 

 

Posted
4 minutes ago, Christoph said:

We do not have the worse homes fans at all. Anyone who thinks that obviously doesn't go to a lot of away matches. 

European night for a club like Leicester, deffo the worst. 

 

 

Most teams of our history and size would be lapping it up. 

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Christoph said:

We do not have the worse homes fans at all. Anyone who thinks that obviously doesn't go to a lot of away matches. 

I could put another way though; we probably have the most ‘generic’ ‘matchday experience’. I genuinely felt when we were first joined in the PL, we had a bit of something spiky about us and the city as a whole felt far more lively every weekend we played. 
 

The club are deluded and outdated as well if they think the ‘family atmosphere’ vibe is what works when building support currently. Trends change. The fan zone they set up outside the family stand is such a collection of activities which used to entertain six/seven years ago. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 3
Posted
51 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

The Gladwys Street End wouldn't have been twatting their own fans for blocking their view for 2 minutes lol 

Gladys Street End is class imo. Usually looks like carnage when they score.

  • Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...