Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
K1FOX

ATMOSPHERE THURSDAY

18 hours ago, Alf Bentley said:

There are much more important things in life than whether a few would-be members of some self-important, self-appointed cultural-copy-cat hipster elite disagree with my opinions.

It was actually only a minor annoyance last night. But there needs to be some comeback when a conformist parade of hipster posters hands out abuse to anyone who disagrees with them.

I don't care about the actual argument going on in here, but good luck with that highlighted bit on FT, you'll need it lol 

Edited by Duquesne Whistle
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, moore_94 said:

5 charged and none of them actually from Poland... 2 from London and 3 locals!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-59437352

Five men have been charged following violence at the Legia Warsaw game against Leicester City.

Seven people were arrested and 12 police officers injured on Thursday when those in the Legia Warsaw area tried to break through to home fans.

Two of the injured officers required hospital treatment.

Three men have been charged with public order offences, one with a public order offence and drug possession and another with assault.

A 34-year-old man from London has been charged with one count of assault and two counts of assaulting an emergency worker.

Another man, 26, from London is charged with public order and possession of a controlled class B drug.

Three men aged, 21, 30 and 31, from Market Harborough, Blaby and Leicester are charged with public order.

All are due to appear at Loughborough Magistrates' Court on 10 December.

A 30-year-old man arrested on suspicion of violent disorder and a 24-year-old man arrested on suspicion of assaulting an emergency worker and possession of a controlled class B drug have been released on police bail pending further inquiries.

10 hours ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Absolutely shambolic really. They should have been let out the stadium in single file and locked up as they left. Basically let them get away with rinsing Leicestershire police.

I remember someone saying after the Napoli game there's a certain way away fans get off with anything they do and they somehow escape punishment. 

The problem is the and I've said it before the club aren't going to change. They don't really care about making the atmosphere better.

They care about the families and the money they generate. 

It is a business and market research will show that the parents that bring the children are the one that spend the money. 

This isn't a dig but when was the last time that any member of the UFS spent money with Leicester other than ticket sales ? Same with L1 (even though that block has changed over the years) I bet that block is the lowest spending block when it comes to money spent on anything Leicester related (other than tickets) 

The club like all other clubs in the prem are about image and marketing to the world. You look at the fan photos when the games take place. They are all of families outside the fan store. 

It's frustrating but it's the way the majority of English clubs are going it's the look at us we are a family club, it's safe to bring your kids and come on in and spend £££ on merchant while you're at it.

9 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

The issue with the club is there a certain section of the fanbase who believe they are ‘better’ fans than the rest because they’ve been going since the 70’s, and the club cater to these individuals. If you’ve ever been on coach 1 you’ll see the special treatment these regular people get. 

I know it’s well fashionable to bash the older fans but what does this post actually mean. I’m not 80 and I’ve never been on fox travel, how do they get treated better than me. 

19 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

The problem is the and I've said it before the club aren't going to change. They don't really care about making the atmosphere better.

They care about the families and the money they generate. 

It is a business and market research will show that the parents that bring the children are the one that spend the money. 

This isn't a dig but when was the last time that any member of the UFS spent money with Leicester other than ticket sales ? Same with L1 (even though that block has changed over the years) I bet that block is the lowest spending block when it comes to money spent on anything Leicester related (other than tickets) 

The club like all other clubs in the prem are about image and marketing to the world. You look at the fan photos when the games take place. They are all of families outside the fan store. 

It's frustrating but it's the way the majority of English clubs are going it's the look at us we are a family club, it's safe to bring your kids and come on in and spend £££ on merchant while you're at it.

To be fair they have put photos of the tifo on the club website.

Been a fan for a long time .My Seat is now in the Kop in SK2 I hear songs being sung in SK1 and SK 4 very little in 

Between them The problem most of the time they compete with each other and sing differing songs L1 appears to 

be a small number of fans that for most part are silent

I go back to Filbert Street when not huge in numbers but bigger than now most fans in the Kop in SK2 and SK 3 were

predominately male and between 13 and 30 and most sang . SK 4 had more families but did join in with the songs

SK1 was for away support., this led to a much better atmosphere and when there were 40,000 plus in the ground you

Came out at the end and your ears were ringing, The fact is now the club looks to attract families and the two teams playing 

tomorrow have similar philosophies.It will never lead to the sort of experience encountered at the likes of Elland Road

The clappers which were a benefit at the inception are now a distraction and should be binned.No matter how much 

discussion appears on message boards regarding the atmosphere unfortunately I think what we have we will keep

The simple facts are that we have a diverse fan base in terms of age and other demographics, whether people like it or not. Some of our fans will and won’t be on board with being vocal and loud, and that’s absolutely fine. People need to accept and appreciate that (and come to terms with it). 

I personally like to sing and chant all game but I don’t look down my nose at anyone around me who isn’t. Some are their with their families, some are content sitting and watching the game and using the clappers and it genuinely doesn’t bother me either way.

With the above said, I do think we need to look at ways of improving the atmosphere, but it’s limited in terms of the reasons I’ve detailed above. The obvious ones for me, which have already been suggested, is having a dedicated “safe standing” area next to the away fans, and that way you can combine SK1/L1 so you then have a larger group of co-ordinated vocal support which would help.

Other than the above, it’s difficult to understand how else the atmosphere can be improved. Like them or loathe them, the clappers mean that fans who don’t want to sing can atleast generate some noise, which otherwise wouldn’t exist, so I’m not necessarily against them, although I agree it does look a bit cringe (but do I care? Probably not).

One other way that the atmosphere can be improved …… is to ARTIFICIALLY create it, yes that’s right, crowd noises over the sound system, my word that would be a sorry day for the Blue Army, but …. I think we might already be using this at the start of the games, when the VT is playing and then ends (blue Fox eyes), I think I’ve noticed that their is some additional ‘support’ via the sound system, see what you think tomorrow …..

12 hours ago, I blame Wellens said:

Not a clue… the amount of thumbs up shows how naff are support is now.

But I’m resigned to this fact

A relegation or 2 may change our fan base for the better. 

I’m 50 now and remember the time where we got the team going. 

would love to say that our support is no worst than most prem teams but the reality is we are quite possibly the worst.

Relegation wouldn't improve the atmosphere. The couple of years leading up to our promotion, under Pearson, I'd say the atmosphere was better but before that it was no different to it is now. Plus the ground was half empty then.

Also we're poor at home but I wouldn't say "the worst". We're probably on par with a handful of teams. Take Newcastle for example, they're shocking at home. People can say "but if they were in our position", "if they had a European night", all they want but that just contradicts the point that the atmosphere is influenced/decided by the players. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

The issue with the club is there a certain section of the fanbase who believe they are ‘better’ fans than the rest because they’ve been going since the 70’s, and the club cater to these individuals. If you’ve ever been on coach 1 you’ll see the special treatment these regular people get. 

Oi ..respect your elders mate. My first game was vs Burnley, April 68. Lost 2-0 sat in the double decker. I’d like to see a better match atmosphere like you but even in years gone by it was mainly down to the kop or younger fans to generate the noise. And the performance of the team led this. If the atmosphere was generated any other way it was often through the away fans boot boys ‘come and have a go if you think you’re hard enough’!

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Have clappers and all that muck in the family stand and then the rest of the ground needs to be a wall of obnoxious and animalistic noise. 8 cans of Carling Premier each should do the trick, that stuff used to be absolute loony bin juice.

Carling Premier is a rare treat. Proper corner shop find now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

I remember someone saying after the Napoli game there's a certain way away fans get off with anything they do and they somehow escape punishment. 

The good thing here, is that those residing in the UK, will hopefully be punished appropriately. The Napoli fans basically got off because they were living in Italy, and our justice system seen it as easier just to send them back, than properly deal with them.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

To be fair they have put photos of the tifo on the club website.

Yeah they have, but wouldn't it be great if they did a video with them creating it? Showing the mass fan base how they are created and the work that goes into them.

Would love to see more of a collaboration.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Yeah they have, but wouldn't it be great if they did a video with them creating it? Showing the mass fan base how they are created and the work that goes into them.

I think it was the first time since our first ever one that they put a photo out of one themselves, could be wrong on that though.

Perez or his social media team recognised it on his instagram which was nice.

Edited by SemperEadem
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Think they're too busy producing weird articles that wax lyrical about our upcoming opponents to actually engage with fans. Though you raise a good point...

The critical thing here is the comms. It's hard to do, because not everyone has social media, or is on here, and frankly the leaflets are probably easily missed/ignored. But imagine a world in which the club could carpet bomb its own media channels, its propaganda TV arm, social media, matchday magazine the game before, a release to the Mercury or Radio. Imagine them going "look here, this game on Thursday night we've worked with this  fan group UFS. They're going to have this great display (with a pic) and it'll be up. The players will be buzzing, they love coming out to it."

Accompany it with a video of the group, creating the tifo. As idealistic as the above is, something like the above would worm into all the demographics. Your oldies who only read the programme or paper and radio. People who only engage with LCFCtv and social media. You'd also turn the attitude because it's club backed, and we all know if the club are on board, there's a fair demo of LCFC fans who'll saddle up to it no matter what.

I can understand why they won't do this and I suspect the nuclear reason is they're petrified of UFS doing something negative, which is bad PR if you've been backing them (not saying UFS would of course, but if you go to the extremes I suspect they'd worry about that). I guess also the above might horrify the group as it doesn't seem very independent when the club are publicising the display so heavily, but I think it's the only way you'd get all elements of the fanbase on board, unfortunately.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Winsum said:

Been a fan for a long time .My Seat is now in the Kop in SK2 I hear songs being sung in SK1 and SK 4 very little in 

Between them The problem most of the time they compete with each other and sing differing songs L1 appears to 

be a small number of fans that for most part are silent

I go back to Filbert Street when not huge in numbers but bigger than now most fans in the Kop in SK2 and SK 3 were

predominately male and between 13 and 30 and most sang . SK 4 had more families but did join in with the songs

SK1 was for away support., this led to a much better atmosphere and when there were 40,000 plus in the ground you

Came out at the end and your ears were ringing, The fact is now the club looks to attract families and the two teams playing 

tomorrow have similar philosophies.It will never lead to the sort of experience encountered at the likes of Elland Road

The clappers which were a benefit at the inception are now a distraction and should be binned.No matter how much 

discussion appears on message boards regarding the atmosphere unfortunately I think what we have we will keep

I sat in the kop for the first 10 years of the stadium and the atmosphere was abysmal (may have been down to the fact the team was then as well). At the time L1 was great volume wise.. Moved to L1 but now there’s seems to be only about 100 of us that want to sing so it’s not great in there either, thing is still can’t here a bean from the kop at all. 

Either the acoustics from the ground are just crap or the fans are, I generally think it’s the later as everyone seems to hear the away fans.

58 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

Think they're too busy producing weird articles that wax lyrical about our upcoming opponents to actually engage with fans. Though you raise a good point...

The critical thing here is the comms. It's hard to do, because not everyone has social media, or is on here, and frankly the leaflets are probably easily missed/ignored. But imagine a world in which the club could carpet bomb its own media channels, its propaganda TV arm, social media, matchday magazine the game before, a release to the Mercury or Radio. Imagine them going "look here, this game on Thursday night we've worked with this  fan group UFS. They're going to have this great display (with a pic) and it'll be up. The players will be buzzing, they love coming out to it."

Accompany it with a video of the group, creating the tifo. As idealistic as the above is, something like the above would worm into all the demographics. Your oldies who only read the programme or paper and radio. People who only engage with LCFCtv and social media. You'd also turn the attitude because it's club backed, and we all know if the club are on board, there's a fair demo of LCFC fans who'll saddle up to it no matter what.

I can understand why they won't do this and I suspect the nuclear reason is they're petrified of UFS doing something negative, which is bad PR if you've been backing them (not saying UFS would of course, but if you go to the extremes I suspect they'd worry about that). I guess also the above might horrify the group as it doesn't seem very independent when the club are publicising the display so heavily, but I think it's the only way you'd get all elements of the fanbase on board, unfortunately.

Unfortunately football is business, no business it going to have connections with group that has graffiti, people with blurred out face and stickers put on public property on it website. 

That not me moaning or attacking anyone, just giving a realistic point of view.

The would want it more sterile which then takes away some of the passion.

• Like 1

Be all and end all is most of our fans would rather sit and watch quietly and feel like the players should appreciate they came. Honestly struggle to get my head around why so many of our fans don’t want to or will not get involved. Out of 30,000 surely there can’t be 27-28000 people who all have the same mindset.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

I know it’s well fashionable to bash the older fans but what does this post actually mean. I’m not 80 and I’ve never been on fox travel, how do they get treated better than me. 

They get access to takes before they go on sale. 

9 hours ago, Hamilton Fox said:

I sat in the kop for the first 10 years of the stadium and the atmosphere was abysmal (may have been down to the fact the team was then as well). At the time L1 was great volume wise.. Moved to L1 but now there’s seems to be only about 100 of us that want to sing so it’s not great in there either, thing is still can’t here a bean from the kop at all. 

Either the acoustics from the ground are just crap or the fans are, I generally think it’s the later as everyone seems to hear the away fans.

I've talked on here before about the acoustics and how over time they have in my opinion been one of the contributing factors in the gradual loss of our traditional songs and vocal fan base.

Acoustics really is an easy thing to quickly and cheaply improve when given the right thought. It's also possible to stifle the efforts of visiting supporter with the correct design and materials.

When the Walkers Stadium was built we all heard the words about retaining atmosphere with the right design but in reality it's pretty clear they went for a cheap build with no thoughts towards atmosphere. Add to that the factor of the old Filbert Street Kop vocal support getting split from day one at the new stadium because of repositioning of away fans and concessional rates being introduced in the 'Kop' then you can see why the singing culture has gradually died.

I think most have it in them to sing but don't like to stand out when doing so. Hence sometimes we've had really good support when the atmosphere has gradually built to a point where you can no longer be heard as an individual so you join in.

I really hope the ground expansion will address some of the issues that were overlooked in the past, hopefully it will help to save some of our culture and traditions.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Vestan Pance said:

I've talked on here before about the acoustics and how over time they have in my opinion been one of the contributing factors in the gradual loss of our traditional songs and vocal fan base.

Acoustics really is an easy thing to quickly and cheaply improve when given the right thought. It's also possible to stifle the efforts of visiting supporter with the correct design and materials.

When the Walkers Stadium was built we all heard the words about retaining atmosphere with the right design but in reality it's pretty clear they went for a cheap build with no thoughts towards atmosphere. Add to that the factor of the old Filbert Street Kop vocal support getting split from day one at the new stadium because of repositioning of away fans and concessional rates being introduced in the 'Kop' then you can see why the singing culture has gradually died.

I think most have it in them to sing but don't like to stand out when doing so. Hence sometimes we've had really good support when the atmosphere has gradually built to a point where you can no longer be heard as an individual so you join in.

I really hope the ground expansion will address some of the issues that were overlooked in the past, hopefully it will help to save some of our culture and traditions.

Can I ask what you think these would need to be?