Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

He’s back to his poor self but his passing ability was a lot poorer than usual.

We were much better and solid with Ndidi and Soumare but I get Ndidi needs to build his match fitness.

This is the Tielemans I have no problem losing.

I don't blame the club for this. He doesn't want to sign a new deal. If nobody is making bids, what are we to do? We shouldn't break banks for one player as there will be a knock-on effect.

I think some want to live in an ideal world but we're not in it. We were always going to be a relatively short spell in his career for Tielemans.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

If he's not going to sign a contract then don't play him. It's simple.

We aren't doing anything this season and we aren't going down so no need to waste time.

That would be ok if we're waiting for the summer but if we want to tempt someone to buy in January not playing will reduce his value further. After the window shuts if he's still here that's a viable option.

32 minutes ago, davieG said:

That would be ok if we're waiting for the summer but if we want to tempt someone to buy in January not playing will reduce his value further. After the window shuts if he's still here that's a viable option.

What money are we holding out for? Nobody is paying north of 10m considering the year he's just had.

• Like 1

Nobody's paying anything when they can have him for free in the summer. Think about it from Youri's perspective; with 6 months left he'll know where he's going and will have all but signed on the dotted line - come next month, he'll have probably done that even. He can bide his time to go to the club he wants and wants him with no transfer fee. They only thing that changes that scenario is a) his new club want him sooner, or b) nobody wants him. Personally, I reckon we've got him until summer because we need him. Even for 6 months, he's worth more to us than whatever transfer fee we could get.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AKCJ said:

What money are we holding out for? Nobody is paying north of 10m considering the year he's just had.

I know but if he doesn't play now in January we wont even get that. Clubs wont want to play anything for an unfit player, after January if he's still he then as i said that wont matter. It's academic anyway as Rodgers is not going to drop him completely.

1 hour ago, davieG said:

I know but if he doesn't play now in January we wont even get that. Clubs wont want to play anything for an unfit player, after January if he's still he then as i said that wont matter. It's academic anyway as Rodgers is not going to drop him completely.

This only affects us with English clubs anyway, and it's a very small pool of clubs here who'd probably actually take him.

1 hour ago, Tommy Fresh said:

This only affects us with English clubs anyway, and it's a very small pool of clubs here who'd probably actually take him.

There are plenty who would take him who he wouldn't go to.  There are probably not many  who would take him who he would go to.

• Like 1

Just now, majaco said:

There are plenty who would take him who he wouldn't go to.  There are probably not many  who would take him who he would go to.

I see that as a potentially amusing paradox!  I don't think for a moment that it'll be the case but I do wonder what he'll do if we're his only acceptable (to him) option. 

1 hour ago, majaco said:

That's what I was getting at, a handful who would and could actually take him. Quite clearly I didn't mean Newport wouldn't take him if they could.

9 hours ago, AKCJ said:

If he's not going to sign a contract then don't play him. It's simple.

We aren't doing anything this season and we aren't going down so no need to waste time.

Aren't going down ? Four points above relegation I wish I had your confidence.

5 minutes ago, jerry said:

Aren't going down ? Four points above relegation I wish I had your confidence.

We’ve played 2 games since the World Cup and we are still in the same position we were before it.

Lets see how January plays out before we start panicking.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Kent-Fox said:

Kinda think he is at his level with Leicester 

That crossed my mind to. Not that he isn't talented but that the would be preferred clubs look at him and don't see everything they want; one too many boxes unticked and/or reservations about what they see. 

I certainly don't rule it out, as I mentioned earlier, that he resigns because that is his only preferred option. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, stu said:

We’ve played 2 games since the World Cup and we are still in the same position we were before it.

Lets see how January plays out before we start panicking.

We’ve played two games since the WC and got 0 points. Continue that form and we’re in trouble before the end of January

• Like 1
  • Haha 1