Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ademola Lookman

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...for now the defence is an issue, it wasn't before, we were solid and well stocked before!!!

We keep coming back to replacing Mahrez, but that is not what I am looking for, just someone competent on the right who could draw defenders and allow space for Barnes and our other attackers.

We need that balance and we need someone capable of realising our potential as we too often make the wrong choices in the last third and mess up chances, as we are not ruthless enough as we should be.

We are not perfect up front of course, who is? Yet we have one of the more potent attacks in the PL . To me Vardy, Iheanacho, Daka , Barnes and Maddison are as good as we have ever had and with Youri and Lookman pitching in as well , I think we are OK in that area.

• Like 2

On 14/01/2022 at 09:28, Christoph said:

I think theres a lot more to come from him. Marhez or Vardy didn't exactly light the league on fire when they first joined us, can see him doing something similar, albeit, maybe not quite at their level but hopefully close enough. He has shown some really good glimpses of flair and skill that our team has been lacking at times. We can pass well but don't have that many players who can take a player on and get past them. 

Mahrez was class in the champ

On 15/01/2022 at 17:36, An Sionnach said:

We are not perfect up front of course, who is? Yet we have one of the more potent attacks in the PL . To me Vardy, Iheanacho, Daka , Barnes and Maddison are as good as we have ever had and with Youri and Lookman pitching in as well , I think we are OK in that area.

At least two of these mentioned will be gone in the summer and I'm not that convinced by Lookman. He's just to hit and miss for my liking.

2 hours ago, Eskay said:

Poor decision making. Shocking end product. Constantly holds the ball for too long. On at least three occasions today he should have released the ball quicker. 

Shouldn't sign permanently. 

I think that's a tad harsh. He clearly has potential and versatility and his recent performances show improvement, but I do agree that his decision making is Demarai-esque on far too many occasions. 

3 hours ago, Eskay said:

Poor decision making. Shocking end product. Constantly holds the ball for too long. On at least three occasions today he should have released the ball quicker. 

Shouldn't sign permanently. 

Harsh because he wasn’t playing in the position he’s used to. 
I think he’s been doing well for us and is doing as well as can be expected when played out of position in attack. 
He’s valuable enough to be in our squad IMO. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, An Away Move said:

Harsh because he wasn’t playing in the position he’s used to. 
I think he’s been doing well for us and is doing as well as can be expected when played out of position in attack. 
He’s valuable enough to be in our squad IMO. 

Was he any better on the left after Barnes was subbed?

We just need to sign a RW that actually plays there as his preferred position. It doesn't seem like we have much money at the moment so lookman would basically be a squad player back up for Barnes and hopefully a new RW. We don't really need to be signing squad players in those positions right now we need someone ready to play right away. If we can get him on a low fee and reasonable wages then fine but if it's going to eat in to our budget to stop us signing first team ready players in their correct positions then we don't need him.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

Was he any better on the left after Barnes was subbed?

He wasn't really playing on the left after Barnes was subbed. Not in the same sense anyway. By that time we went to 5 at the back with Thomas as a wingback. 

13 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Versatile and defends , will score a vital goal or two. could be the new Albrighton. So ,for the money, a worthwhile addition. He strengthens the bench at least.

....I have said before, for someone with the uncanny ability to get into the right place at the right time, his "Assist" figures should be right off the chart!!!

His problem is end product, we manage to teach him that and we would not be able to afford him, until he can start to up his contributions he will always frustrate. We will be wondering why he has not improved in 5 years time and it will be that he has, or perhaps never learn, the art of when to release the ball.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....I have said before, for someone with the uncanny ability to get into the right place at the right time, his "Assist" figures should be right off the chart!!!

His problem is end product, we manage to teach him that and we would not be able to afford him, until he can start to up his contributions he will always frustrate. We will be wondering why he has not improved in 5 years time and it will be that he has, or perhaps never learn, the art of when to release the ball.

He can certainly up his decision making , but he seems to have the right attitude and we need players like him , Dan, and Hamza who will always put in a shift when required. Workmanlike appears to be a derogatory word on here but these players don't go missing like some of our "star" names. I think he is a pretty solid job for the money.

• Like 2

He's done alright to be fair after an underwhelming start.

It was annoying he didn't take his chance in the first half and he was a step or two out in his movement at times but he is a definite threat when paired with an in form Vardy,Maddison.Daka.

He'd not the finished article but his progress has been far better than say Ghezzal who was all but done by January 2019.

• Like 1

We should retain him. While he isn't the stellar Mahrez replacement people fantasise about, he's been available and reliable for the large part. As others have stated similar to Albrighton he will come in and make an impact when called upon. 

If he's happy to be a part of the squad here, the club would be silly to pass up the opportunity. We've spent far more on bigger dross of players. Which is why it wouldn't surprise me if they still did.

Lookman himself might consider elsewhere where he'll be a definite starter. Would fit in very well at a club like Palace imo