Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Spurs post Match

Mostly outplayed, but still potent in attack and an opportunity to get a thoroughly undeserved victory.. Football ain't fair and I would have taken that gladly. When you are leading with seconds to play you have to do what's necessary , niggle fouls , boot the ball long and far out of play. Naivety , a lesson learned just don't do it again.

• Like 3

Decision making and concentration 

I just looked those two goals

horrendous shape and game management yet still both were still avoidable at the last point 

Cags should be sticking that clearance for a corner - not trying to play into the area where Doherty is coming from and kasper should be taking that through ball - begwijn is almost in the area when he gets to the ball !!

you couldn’t make that stuff up 

Terrible stuff, but genuinely what do we do? In midfield and attack we're starting to look a lot better than we did earlier in the season, and we're scoring goals - but that defence is just atrocious. Vestergaard shouldn't be playing for this club, Bertrand likewise, no idea what has happened to Soyuncu but it looks to be permanent, Evans is a spent force and can't stay fit, and any half-decent defenders we have are perma-injured. No chance we can just go out and buy a new back 4, so I guess this is the best we can do. All we do is get through the season, sell/clear out the trash and hopefully go into the new season with fewer injuries, Fofana at the heart of defence, and some new signings. How has it come to this?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, FLAN said:

Vestegaard is the senior player. How about he leads the line?

How about they both do, I don’t understand why Cags seems to get a free ride when he’s 25!! He’s not an 18 year old coming through the youth setup and he is accountable for his own performance. He can’t just have his hand held by Jonny week in week out. Cags has cost us numerous goals this season and the worrying thing for me is, he doesn’t seem to be improving in terms of his positioning, his general awareness etc, he’s a liability.

2 minutes ago, sammy82 said:

I’m working with 2 spurs fans today Stuck on a site in the middle of nowhere, gonna be shite! 

My only advice is to simply acknowledge the last 2mins didn’t happen and we won the game 2-1. Just flatly deny anything else happened! Sorry, that’s all I can suggest.

• Haha 1

I still feel a bit shaken from last night but many of the posts on here are an over reaction. Words like hate towards our player are over the top particularly for players like Cags. We should have managed the game better than we did and we must learn from it. Spurs played well (so did we apart from the last two minutes) and overall it could have gone either way. We played some great attacking football at times. At the back we rode our luck until the final minutes of extra time. We have had some horrific luck with injuries particularly at the back starting with little Wes. But come on. How can we expect the players to show any mental strength or resilience. Go into work, throw your shoulders back and show your pride in the club. It’s spurs after all so that is lots to counter tease. The overall trajectory is still forwards. Will always love our club. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

What worries me is what this could do to a back pairing already void of any confidence. I’m fearful we’re about to go on a rancid run of form….

Agreed, and it would be at this point I would seriously consider putting Brunt in. Big Dan might be back for Sunday but it’s clear as day to me, we can’t have Vesty & Cags, both have gaping weaknesses which any half decent team will exploit.

1 hour ago, bennytwohats said:

Agree with most of that. Hard to say with Cags at this point whether this is the anomaly, or his good form a couple of years back was the anomaly. He’s been suspect for as long as I can remember.

As you say, we defended corners well, and got absolutely peppered with them at the start.

Ironically, I actually thought we were managing the game after our second goal quite well until the spectacular collapse at the end. In hindsight we obviously needed another goal, but at the time I thought we managed to break up the game quite well and ran down the clock without too many big scares. Until we didn’t.

Footballs a weird one. If those two minutes of madness didn’t happen I think we’d be viewing this as a pretty resilient win under the circumstances. The absolute ****ing gut punch in losing the way we did makes it quite difficult to view it objectively.

As they said on the radio last night Cags's problem is he's always putting a fire out.  If there is one bit of footage that encapsulates his approach its the away game at Fulham a few years back when Kamara scored and Cags was still heading into the stand ringing the fire bell as he did the drag back and scored from a tight angle.

My issue is we are nearly 3 1/2 years down the line, he is an experienced international with major tournament experience and he is ALWAYS putting a fire out!!!

Really good defenders read the play well and don't need to take those actions because they are ahead of what happens, sadly Cags isn't.

He went through a spell a year later with JE where they were talked of as the the best partnership in the League when we won 8 on the bounce.

26 in May, time to mature, VVD is almost always ahead of the play!!!!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Supergray22 said:

I still feel a bit shaken from last night but many of the posts on here are an over reaction. Words like hate towards our player are over the top particularly for players like Cags. We should have managed the game better than we did and we must learn from it. Spurs played well (so did we apart from the last two minutes) and overall it could have gone either way. We played some great attacking football at times. At the back we rode our luck until the final minutes of extra time. We have had some horrific luck with injuries particularly at the back starting with little Wes. But come on. How can we expect the players to show any mental strength or resilience. Go into work, throw your shoulders back and show your pride in the club. It’s spurs after all so that is lots to counter tease. The overall trajectory is still forwards. Will always love our club. 

Yeah, we just go again.  Still so much to play for.

Who know what will happen in the League, 3 wins on the bounce and you a right back in it.

Europa Conference League if we are bothered, its a European Trophy and another route to UEL.

FA CUP, defending our trophy, monster game against Forest and if we get through hopefully easiesh draw next round and you are in the last 8.

1 solid central defender back Sunday and 3 others back soon with games to catch up on.

Onwards & upwards, could still be a very good season.

Just watched Spurs second goal - not out of choice. It just came up. 

We’ve got a team full utter morons. 

Soumare is stood in no mans land. With a player behind him free. Maddison sees that player and despite it being 2-1 and 94th min, he only reacts when Soumare has his brain fart. Tielemans might as well not be on the pitch - useless positioning. Doesn’t even close down the man crossing the ball. 

Vestegaard and Soyuncu are not tight to their men which leaves Justin in two minds.

However, what actually pisses me off more than anything. Justin whose been out for over year is left alone in the box with Doherty coming in behind him. He has ran past Madders on the way. Madders whose jogging watching Tielemans jog around too. Yes, technically it’s a mistake but I’m not going to have a go given the guy has been on treatment bench for so long. What’s concerning is not one of superstars Tielemans, Maddison, Soumare. Captain Marvel Kasper or dumb and dumber in the box thought of tracking back or organising the the team to give this guy some support. 

There is a reason these players play for us. We are in between the truly elite and utter shite. Mentality wise, they’re cowards - no one wants to take responsibility. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sammy82 said:

I’m working with 2 spurs fans today Stuck on a site in the middle of nowhere, gonna be shite! 

Just remind them who won the league in 2016 and the FA Cup in 2021, then ask them when was the last time they won anything 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1