Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Spurs post Match

What i can't get my head around is fans clapping the players at FT. If you performed bad at work for example lost a massive contract last minute would your colleagues stay behind and clap you? its pathetic, let them know it was a utter disgrace. no wonder we are spineless. 

• Like 2

At 2-1 when we were looking likely to win I was beginning to think, you know what, maybe our league season isn't over. We hadn't played great but we were building a bit momentum, winning back to back league games with a makeshift defence. Get a couple back and maybe we can challenge top 6. That all changed in 30 seconds lol 

Can't wait for the next humiliating evening against Forest and Randers. 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I've just read we had a goal kick with only 20 seconds to go, is that right? It's a blur. The game management last night in the closing stages was shocking, surely they work on stuff like that? 

Yep, Kasper kicked it straight too them (shock horror) and they cut through and scored extremely easily. 

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Dames said:

Yep, Kasper kicked it straight too them (shock horror) and they cut through and scored extremely easily. 

Think the ball came back our way with Vestergaard beaten in the air by Kane. I say in the air, he was ****ing rooted by his concrete boots.

24 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I've just read we had a goal kick with only 20 seconds to go, is that right? It's a blur. The game management last night in the closing stages was shocking, surely they work on stuff like that? 

Correct complete with a trademark off the ball two handed shove in the back by Spurs.

The players looked shattered by that point. Its clear that the half the team are only partially fit or not training properly. From 70 mins onwards we looked spent in all areas.

• Sad 1

Still feel the same way, we deserved to lose and in that sense the end didn't really bother me. It was a fairly pathetic display and set up against a weakened spurs team that has a manager that's known to happily sit in and counter attack. Awful management that is being brushed under the carpet because we fluked a couple of goals against the run of play.

Still optimistic about the general future of the club, but the current manager has peaked, we'll be mediocre until a change happens. Players are far too good to be in any real trouble but we're not playing anywhere well enough to put together a consistently good results and performances.

32 minutes ago, ultrafox said:

I was wondering..is there a crueller way to lose a game?

What was cruellest we've been beaten?

Watford?

Spurs?

Other?

I dont like poking those sores. Just to join in I remember another match at Watford back in around 1970 that cut deep for some reason. Swindon at Wembley 1993 as well.

1 hour ago, Nalis said:

After sleeping on this, my order of blame is:

- Vestergaard for obvious reasons

- Cags for turning slower than milk

-Youri for that stupid attempted pass at 2-2

- Brendan for tactics in not holding out and throwing Youri under a bus publicly

- JJ for the losing Doherty for the 2nd though this is incredibly harsh given his comeback

- Barnes for not squaring it at 2-1

Spurs smelled blood after their equaliser, wasnt sure if it was coincidence but they almost set up at kick off like fielders trying to get the 11th man out of a test match in day 5.

Think it was evident in their body language after they equalised. They score barely 15 seconds from the final whistle and in any case, equaliser or winner, almost any scorer/team are going to celebrate a goal like that more than the average. There was none of that. They were desperate to restart. Can’t stand them, but have to credit that mentality.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GingerrrFox said:

Shit Turkish big head centre back tries to play the offside trap rather than just standing his man up. Shit mistake to make it 1-1. 

Big Danish **** centre back can’t win his header which should be his bread and butter and then doesn’t make the professional foul to take a yellow and kill the game. Terrible defending from a terrible player makes it 2-2. 

Then the Belgian Prince who’s decided he doesn’t want to be here anymore so he can go to “a Champions League club” gives the ball away in the middle of the park when the momentum is completely with the other team and there’s about 20 seconds left to finish off the gift of giving away the 3 points to make it 3-2.

**** it I’m going back to bed. 

I’m really surprised the club haven’t hired you for the comms team yet

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

That's just Jon moss. I've never known a ref to be so biased against so many times. 

Yesterday was the worst I’ve ever seen though, it was as if he had it in for us every way possible, even the added on time was way over 

After an injury filled season ( 14 months in reality)..Matches with some Really below average individual/Team performances...

Few fringe players stepping up to the plate & giving at least 60%  mental gametime..

I can Feel last Night ,Left the fanbase at its lowest for awhile, more than just missing out on  CL ( Personally I Never felt down on the competitive lost CL-position)

Last Night was the gobsmack of all gobsmacks...

I Never Stay down long, on City results Bit I Feel this hurt will Stay around even if we go in a winning streak...

From players,manager, and officials this turn around of result should never happened, no matter how the Play of the game panned out...

I missed the game sadly had to go to the office but I remember my apple watch pinging me in quick succession that we went from 2-1 to 2-2 to 3-2 and final whistle all in quick succession. I didn't know WTF was going on. Thought the damn thing was up the fritz! Anyway, I only watched the extended highlights on YouTube last nite and nearly choked on my dinner. That was mental behavior from our players. Talk about no being able to read the game or tell the flippin time on the big ass led tv. Did the spurs infect them with a bout of the spursyitus virus? We only had to hold on for a few more minutes to see out the game just a few more. Our players should be screaming at each other saying "hang in there hold tight don't F it up just a few minutes left!" We've seen this drop off in focus and intensity before this season but that was so catastrophic. It has nothing to do with not having our better players out. This is simple balls to the walls basic footy game management. These players and I mean ALL of them should be able to absorb the gravity of the situation and knowing their own frailties from past mistakes. We are minutes away from getting all 3 points against a team thats probably played better on the day. The only sense I can make of this mess is the equalizer was a kick in the balls. Maybe the players thought we're gonna get away with this so brains start switching off. Then the equalizer and now everyone is panicking. Youre making that pass is panic. He wants to get the lead back so he's not thinking straight. He makes that pass thru the middle because its more direct he's not even thinking of the possibility of it being intercepted. His risk management did not kick in because he had only seconds to make that decision. Had he thought twice he wouldn't have done it. Ah F it. Let's move on as long as we give the spuds one hell of a revenge thrashing at their ground I'll be at peace. Can't stand them entitled buggers. 

• Like 2