Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Spurs post Match

This match has left me mentally unstable today.  This is up there with Harlow away cup replay.  A game that will be engrained in Leicester folklore.  Gift rapping 3 points with seconds to go on the clock.   Now come on you Foxes, take this out on BHA.  Is big Dan back?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

That's just Jon moss. I've never known a ref to be so biased against so many times. 

A couple of foul throws completely missed.  Several fouls on our players right in front of the assistant referee, yet he did nothing.  Not just Jon Moss last night.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bovril said:

I was worried it'd have the opposite effect ala Wycombe 2001

I think there's way too much talent in the squad for anything along those lines.

This has happened too often in big moments over the last 2 years for it to be coincidence though, we've got big mentality problems.

Miserable evening last night and really sums up our season. Some signs of real quality and promise going forwards, two well worked moves for the goals and a couple of other big chances created. 

Yet we are undone by repeated, basic errors in our defence and an absolute horror show at the back in the final few minutes. Nobody has been perfect this season but there are some real repeat offenders in there. Even a point last night would have been a decent result and we absolutely binned it. Spurs were not that impressive, and time and after time this season we've made sides like that look good for long periods because of our own defensive frailties. I sympathise with Rodgers on games like last night - the man cannot name a consistent defence for love nor money and he is being let down by fundamental errors.

There were some positives to take - Justin is back, and he is a proper player. He'll make a huge difference once he's fully up to speed and I was impressed with how well he put himself about and got forward. Maddison and KDH are in great form and contributing well, and Daka got another goal and again showed he can deputise up front well. 

• Like 1

Just now, Leicesterpool said:

That's just Jon moss. I've never known a ref to be so biased against so many times. 

The added time has become a mockery, We used to 'Fergies Time' but last nights extra 5 minutes was actually 7 minutes why? When 5 minutes added time is shown why don't they have fool proof system like Rugby League where the klaxon sounds and that the official end and not down to a biased referee.

It felt as though Moss would let the game continue until the spuds scored. Its very important for the premier League to have some influence over the £billions they receive from around the world and obviously its vital that the top 6 with the big stadiums finish in the top six. The worldwide target audience are not interested in seeing C Palace v Burnley etc etc so any assistance to boost viewing figures is crucial. Who pays the Premier League Referees like Mr Moss ? 

• Like 1

I wanted to say. A lot of people blamed Tielemans for that last pass. I don’t blame him for that though generally he was poor the whole game. I don’t blame anyone for having a go and try to win: imagine that pass got through to Barnes and he scored. But it was not well executed. I blame more on our CBs position sitting so high. I am frustrated Barnes did not square it earlier to Lookman though I stop short of blame. I blame our CBs being so crap all game, including Soyuncu. And man, Vestergaard - he may have won one header nearer the middle of the park all night despite his height and he is so so slow. Still in shock.

Edited by Tom12345

12 minutes ago, Fox1norfolk said:

The added time has become a mockery, We used to 'Fergies Time' but last nights extra 5 minutes was actually 7 minutes why? When 5 minutes added time is shown why don't they have fool proof system like Rugby League where the klaxon sounds and that the official end and not down to a biased referee.

It felt as though Moss would let the game continue until the spuds scored. Its very important for the premier League to have some influence over the £billions they receive from around the world and obviously its vital that the top 6 with the big stadiums finish in the top six. The worldwide target audience are not interested in seeing C Palace v Burnley etc etc so any assistance to boost viewing figures is crucial. Who pays the Premier League Referees like Mr Moss ? 

I have always wanted to see stop like in rugby league just so we know were not going overtime. But as we know certain things will never come in as the league like to bend the rules to suit the big six. If wed have been 1-2 down only four minutes would have been added. Same with var, that was only introduced to look after the big clubs so they chalk off goals if necessary.

• Like 1

Oh my giddy Aunt. Our defence is total shite. Come the summer we need to overhaul it. The worrying thing is that our better players have nose dived into mediocrity, and getting sloppy. They need a good kick between the shafts to wake them up. Brendan has some hard thing to do between now and next season.

12 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

I have always wanted to see stop like in rugby league just so we know were not going overtime. But as we know certain things will never come in as the league like to bend the rules to suit the big six. If wed have been 1-2 down only four minutes would have been added. Same with var, that was only introduced to look after the big clubs so they chalk off goals if necessary.

Agreed. Time keeping should be as in Rugby. Football is arrogant when learning from other sports. Not excusing the farce of our collapse last night.

Isn't this all just another page in the story of Leicester City? We produce the most outrageous stories. We fashion the Great Escape, we write the most amazing story in the history of football, or the whole of sport even. We then sack our saviour. We beat Manchester City 4-1 at home and 5-2 away. We implode against Bournemouth. We occupy the top 4 for much of two seasons, and drop out at the final hurdle. We beat Liverpool when I suspect no-one gave us a prayer. We lose a game we are 12 seconds from winning.

You actually could not make it all up. It's just so Leicester City. Goodness knows what's around the corner.

• Like 2

After sleeping on this, my order of blame is:

- Vestergaard for obvious reasons

- Cags for turning slower than milk

-Youri for that stupid attempted pass at 2-2

- Brendan for tactics in not holding out and throwing Youri under a bus publicly

- JJ for the losing Doherty for the 2nd though this is incredibly harsh given his comeback

- Barnes for not squaring it at 2-1

Spurs smelled blood after their equaliser, wasnt sure if it was coincidence but they almost set up at kick off like fielders trying to get the 11th man out of a test match in day 5.

Edited by Nalis
  • Like 3