Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

PSV Post Match.

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

That's a stone wall penalty not given against Ricardo last night, funny how that's not being talked about much!! Very very lucky.

Got to love the lack of VAR in the conference league! we've got away with a free penalty shouts against us

I sit up the other end but when it happened you could hear a collective sharp intake of breath all around the stadium. What surprised me was how close the ref was to it and how little the PSV players complained, which made me think Ricardo couldn't have touched him. TV replays, however, seem to suggest that there was definite contact and, like you said, we got very very lucky. Let's just hope next week's ref doesn't try to 'even the score'.

6 minutes ago, turlo said:

Got to love the lack of VAR in the conference league! we've got away with a free penalty shouts against us

I do love it, feels a breath of fresh air and can celebrate goals we score without fear but it does feel like there's clangers there being missed.

The ref let a hell of a lot go last night, barely any fouls given for both sides.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Don't normally rant about police, but what the hell are these posts? It's the same style as ultra groups, funny how those are frowned upon but this isn't? 

What's the problem?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Don't normally rant about police, but what the hell are these posts? It's the same style as ultra groups, funny how those are frowned upon but this isn't? 

Don't really get what your problem is with the post?

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Last night confirmed something we probably already knew.

Maddison - Tielemans - KDH does not work as a midfield three.

Tielemans is off at the moment but Maddison got stuck in and I thought KDH nicked our man of the match. I think the problem was we gave the ball away too easily and up front we didn’t take our chances. These are a good team. We rode our luck a bit (stonewall penalty) but we can still do this. It’s all set up nicely for a great game next week.
Having evans and fofana back is a big plus. I’d have matched Justin up on the left to nullify mandueke and link up with barnes who has more to show than he did last night. I did think he’d scored though as did those around me. Riccardo did quite well in the right but castagne also performs best down that side. Albrighton ran his heart out again. Lookman looked lively when he came on. It would have been great to have had Vardy and Wilf available but it’s now time to play the second half.  We will have learned a lot from that. 

Edited by Supergray22

13 hours ago, Criggers said:

Thought Harvey was pretty pants except for his effort. He didn’t attack his man. But then I realised if he did he’d have had no options should be have got to the by line.

Right side broke after the subs.

Nacho forgot his shooting boots. We know he doesn’t have control boots so without the shooting boots we’re not left with much 😆

Sadly Barnes is predictable, always looking to come inside or play a give and go, almost never goes outside, so keeping the fullback guessing.  Never runs off the ball, or actually works that hard.  KDH has come in and look better qualitywise and so much more hardworking than Barnes from a locally developed perspective.

Barnes has plateaud and its frustrating.

Say it before and will again, comes across as a kid playing playground football.  Just at this point in his career not a great learner, improver or intelligent footballer, much work to be done.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Last night confirmed something we probably already knew.

Maddison - Tielemans - KDH does not work as a midfield three.

In what way did 'we already know that'? 

In what way did last night confirmed that those 3 together doesn't work? 

26 minutes ago, The boy Linacre said:

Sadly Barnes is predictable, always looking to come inside or play a give and go, almost never goes outside, so keeping the fullback guessing.  Never runs off the ball, or actually works that hard.  KDH has come in and look better qualitywise and so much more hardworking than Barnes from a locally developed perspective.

Barnes has plateaud and its frustrating.

Say it before and will again, comes across as a kid playing playground football.  Just at this point in his career not a great learner, improver or intelligent footballer, much work to be done.

...he was getting a barrage of instructions from Rodgers on the touchline!!!

It happened quite a lot last night, it can't help to boost your confidence when you are struggling to make an impact in the game.

I noticed a similar thing happened with Lookman a few games ago and Lookman then completely ignored Rodgers. 

Sometimes constantly berating your own players will not always give you the desired response. Take the player off, if he is not taking on your instructions, and try something else. 

4 hours ago, EastAnglianFox said:

lol I put most of my efforts into the lake or the woodland behind the goal.

I'm going to stop admitting that and just tell the lads down the pub that I didn't bag but beat the keeper on numerous occasions lol

If you hit the bar every time, you should do crossbar challenge! Missing, however, is different.

3 hours ago, PSVWford said:

You do realise psv and Ajax both are qualified for champions league so the ‘europa league place’ doesn’t interest anyone. It goes to the number 3 of the league so it’s not much to play for but honours.  Same for the cup game it’s not like the fa cup. It’s a crappy cup that 80% of fans don’t care too much about. Only because it’s against Ajax people turn up and it has some meaning but ecl def. more going for it as it’s new so the fans more interested in winning it. 

The guy saying Rennes is better then psv must be having a laugh :D 

No I didn’t realise as I don’t follow the eredivisie. :dunno:

Sound like you aren’t bothered about either cup competition, I wonder if your players have the same mindset. Hope so…

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

That's a stone wall penalty not given against Ricardo last night, funny how that's not being talked about much!! Very very lucky.

Absolute joke isn't it, ref is looking right at it. 

As someone else has said, you could tell by a) the crowd's reaction & b) Ricardo's reaction that it was a stonewaller.