Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Championship Season - 2022/2023

I watched Hull City - Bristol City match and all I have to say is that was a disgraceful performance from Bristol City. Ever since Bristol City took the lead through Weimann (no one marked their players), they resorted to time wasting antics throughout the whole match! By no means were Bristol City unlucky to lose with how much time they were looking to waste and playing very unsportsmanlike. As for the penalty, that was a clear penalty on Hull's new signing Benjamin Tetteh as the defender got absolutely no where near the ball. Even before that penalty, Tufan had a chance where he nearly scored from outside the box, but his shot hit the post. So no, I don't agree that Bristol City were "unlucky". Sorry.

Edited by Iran
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Iran said:

I watched Hull City - Bristol City match and all I have to say is that was a disgraceful performance from Bristol City. Ever since Bristol City took the lead through Weimann (no one marked their players), they resorted to time wasting antics throughout the whole match! By no means were Bristol City unlucky to lose with how much time they were looking to waste and playing very unsportsmanlike. As for the penalty, that was a clear penalty on Hull's new signing Benjamin Tetteh as the defender got absolutely no where near the ball. Even before that penalty, Tufan had a chance where he nearly scored from outside the box, but his shot hit the post. So no, I don't agree that Bristol City were "unlucky". Sorry.

Clear penalty...the bloke quite clearly goes down after a few moments when he realises he's made a mess of getting his shot away. Also nearly scored? He hit the post, so it's a shot off target. Almost doing things doesn't equate to deserving to win.

15 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Clear penalty...the bloke quite clearly goes down after a few moments when he realises he's made a mess of getting his shot away. Also nearly scored? He hit the post, so it's a shot off target. Almost doing things doesn't equate to deserving to win.

The referee had a clear view of the challenge and immediately pointed to the penalty spot, even with VAR the decision would still stand. A penalty is a penalty regardless of whether the player makes a hash of it or not.

Regarding the latter the part, yes "statistically" it was a shot off-target. Many would still consider it an opportunity, others might not. We can agree to disagree on this part.

Edited by Iran

11 minutes ago, Iran said:

The referee had a clear view of the challenge and immediately pointed to the penalty spot, even with VAR the decision would still stand. A penalty is a penalty regardless of whether the player makes a hash of it or not.

Regarding the latter the part, yes "statistically" it was a shot off-target. Many would still consider it an opportunity, others might not. We can agree to disagree on this part.

A referee having a 'clear view' we know means nothing with the standard of some officials. Even if there is contact, it isn't Basketball there has to be enough to warrant him going down especially in the way he did. Quite obvious that he's felt a slight touch, messed up getting a shot in and then decided his best bet is to try for the penalty.

7 hours ago, Jaspa said:

Does look a pen though; leapt in, missed the ball and nicked the striker. Very flukey winner.

Weren't we looking at the Ozan Tufan a couple of years ago? At Hull now.

Was on loan with us last season but sent back as he was very unfit and not very good .

Probably be Hull’s best player though and score against us now!

2 hours ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Clear penalty...the bloke quite clearly goes down after a few moments when he realises he's made a mess of getting his shot away. Also nearly scored? 

A Hull fan on another forum has posted some close up photo of the player in question getting clipped and stood on which you can understand would make him fall over but as you say  not in a delayed reaction like that.

Probably another one of those incidents where if the ref came out and explained why he gave a decision so that it could be understood more rather than it look like he gave a penalty for someone falling over 5 seconds after the original contract. 

Edited by Super_horns

21 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Surely in Watford keep Sarr, Dennis and Pedro fit and don't sell them this month they will come straight back up?! 

That is the trouble !

Probably be sold on August 31st when we can get no replacements in.

Tbh we probably want more than Sarr is really worth and Dennis will want to join a West Ham type tram who have been linked rather than Forest .

6 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

That is the trouble !

Probably be sold on August 31st when we can get no replacements in.

Tbh we probably want more than Sarr is really worth and Dennis will want to join a West Ham type tram who have been linked rather than Forest .

Hope you keep all 3 to be honest. The standard of the championship is really high this season. Could be a cracking season from a neutral perspective 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, goose2010 said:

Hope you keep all 3 to be honest. The standard of the championship is really high this season. Could be a cracking season from a neutral perspective 

You reckon?

I think the league is fairly open, I couldn't call a winner of the league, I don't think the quality is as good as previous seasons.

As you say Watford should be up there if they keep Sarr/Dennis/Pedro. I can't Heckingbottom doing anything with Sheffield United with a full season. Same with Huddersfield. I'd expect WBA and Middlesbrough to be solid enough. Norwich will be an interesting one, likewise Burnley.

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

You reckon?

I think the league is fairly open, I couldn't call a winner of the league, I don't think the quality is as good as previous seasons.

As you say Watford should be up there if they keep Sarr/Dennis/Pedro. I can't Heckingbottom doing anything with Sheffield United with a full season. Same with Huddersfield. I'd expect WBA and Middlesbrough to be solid enough. Norwich will be an interesting one, likewise Burnley.

Thought the opening weekend results were a good reflection of what you've said. Low scoring, could have gone either way type affairs.

Cardiff worth keeping an eye on with all the money they've invested this season.

11 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Commonwealth Games last weekend on it 

That was  7 man rugby which is mainly passing and running so what is going to happen when the big boys of the 15 man game come out to play with their rucks and mauls !?

Edited by Super_horns
  • Like 1

Coventry City v Rotherham United: Game off because of 'unsafe' pitch - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62366363?at_campaign=64&at_custom2=facebook_page&at_custom3=BBC+Sport&at_custom4=5DC984E6-15B4-11ED-8DD6-6A480EDC252D&at_medium=custom7&at_custom1=[post+type]

Oooops.

Probably why you shouldn't groundshare with a rugby team.

11 hours ago, Super_horns said:

That was  7 man rugby which is mainly passing and running so what is going to happen when the big boys of the 15 man game come out to play with their rucks and mauls !?

Looks like it hasn't been watered since the end of the Commonwealth games.....this must be down to Wasps,but then again they are near getting wound up so probably don't care.

6 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

Just seen this. Are Coventry at fault in any way? 

As far as i know Wasps own the stadium,but are close to going under themselves and are possibly trying to put a bit of pressure on the council to help them out.That being said,you would have thought the groundsman from Coventry City would have had a look at the pitch before today.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, PAULCFC said:

As far as i know Wasps own the stadium,but are close to going under themselves and are possibly trying to put a bit of pressure on the council to help them out.That being said,you would have thought the groundsman from Coventry City would have had a look at the pitch before today.

You'd have thought that they'd share responsibility for the pitch, combining their funds and experience.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

You'd have thought that they'd share responsibility for the pitch, combining their funds and experience.

You would have thought so.....but this is Cov and there is loads of politics involved.....feel for Robbins.

• Like 1