Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Championship Season - 2022/2023

5 minutes ago, Nalis said:

I see, ah well there goes my theory!

That's why they're contractually obliged to let him speak to Stoke. Whether or not he actually wants to/leaves is another story.

Will make for a cracking first epsiode of STID if he comes back, gets offered a big contract etc.

Can't believe Stoke aren't going all out for Dyche tbh

2 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Not looking good for Cardiff... 

What i'd take from this, and the absolute worst part, if his transfer was fully completed with a medical etc, there was absolutely no need to fly him over the channel at night, in the first plane they could find and in dodgy weather :( 

I'm not sure we'll ever get the full story on this one, but it's so so dodgy.

3 minutes ago, AjcW said:

What i'd take from this, and the absolute worst part, if his transfer was fully completed with a medical etc, there was absolutely no need to fly him over the channel at night, in the first plane they could find and in dodgy weather :( 

I'm not sure we'll ever get the full story on this one, but it's so so dodgy.

More court action expected on this. Cardiff's statement in response is they will contest this and, if they lose, will take action to recover the money from those responsible for causing his death. That includes Nantes FC. What a mess. 

2 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

More court action expected on this. Cardiff's statement in response is they will contest this and, if they lose, will take action to recover the money from those responsible for causing his death. That includes Nantes FC. What a mess. 

Horrendous. Also absolutely feels like the sort of thing that could happen again in some capacity, and can't help but feel this sort of thing is caused by transfer deadlines and the hype surround deadline day.

On 26/08/2022 at 17:11, SAFC1 said:

Yep… gutted 

makes little sense, Sunderland are a far big bigger club, bigger fan base, impressive stadium and probably the same chance of promotion as Stoke. Can't be money surely, you'd think he'd earn more at Sunderland. Still leaves you with the chance to get Sean Dyche... who must be the number one target now. Mind Roy Keane could be on the shortlist again considering he almost got it last time.

• Sad 1

So annoying for Bristol City conceding late again, they would’ve been in the play offs. Also if the terrible pen decision hadn’t gone against them vs Hull they would be right up there. Looks like Nige is finally sorting them out. They have a very good young squad now of players that want to play for them, with a couple of experienced pros too. Definitely reminds me of what he built here in the early days. 

Edited by Unabomber
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

makes little sense, Sunderland are a far big bigger club, bigger fan base, impressive stadium and probably the same chance of promotion as Stoke. Can't be money surely, you'd think he'd earn more at Sunderland. Still leaves you with the chance to get Sean Dyche... who must be the number one target now. Mind Roy Keane could be on the shortlist again considering he almost got it last time.

Tony Mowbray is getting it… No comment 

Alex Neil was not properly backed - he was still on a 12 month rolling contract and his expectations in new signings were not met. Perhaps unsurprising he was happy to leave with certainty of a longer contract and he believes he will be able to shape team with financial backing 

Tony Mowbray has decent championship record, but like so many he's just a boring appointment. Midtable manager at best. Interesting enough David Wagner is back in England at the moment was a guest at Huddersfield yesterday. Not sure if he's planning a return to English football, he a good fit for Sunderland?