Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Championship Season - 2022/2023

Happy enough with our start but it could’ve easily been 3 wins from 3. Sheff United (A), Stoke (A) and Norwich (H) our next 3 games. Tough. Our starting XI could compete for play-offs but we’re massively short when it comes to back up. Big couple of weeks coming up in the transfer window…

Despite a two nil win tonight just watched big Nige’s  post match interview where he threatens to walk away from football altogether over the shambolic standard of refereeing .....Says he thought about it and came close to walking away last year and just a few games in this season he’s in the same place already

18 minutes ago, irishfoxkev said:

Despite a two nil win tonight just watched big Nige’s  post match interview where he threatens to walk away from football altogether over the shambolic standard of refereeing .....Says he thought about it and came close to walking away last year and just a few games in this season he’s in the same place already

Well having seen the display of the ref tonight I ain't surprised.

On a separate note I do feel that something is starting to click with him and Bristol City. Totally different feel about the play. They were superb tonight 

On 14/08/2022 at 22:45, SAFC1 said:

Happy enough with our start but it could’ve easily been 3 wins from 3. Sheff United (A), Stoke (A) and Norwich (H) our next 3 games. Tough. Our starting XI could compete for play-offs but we’re massively short when it comes to back up. Big couple of weeks coming up in the transfer window…

What constitutes a good season? Are the expectations to push for the play-offs, finish mid-table or just to avoid relegation? First and foremost it must just be a relief to have finally gotten out of league 1. 

50 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Love Nigel but he's not half behaving like a victim. Managers jobs are not in jeopardy because of refs. That's the most ludicrous thing I've ever heard.  Plus, Niger doesn't ever count the amount of times bad decisions have gone in his favour that has gained him 1 or 3 points. 

I don't like digging out officials because it's a very difficult job and I always look to see what what we could have done better in the game to get a positive result. What I will say though is it really struck me how much better the standard of officiating was in the Euros last year. Even VAR worked relatively smoothly. I think the standard of officiating in this country is particularly bad.

On 13/08/2022 at 12:10, StanSP said:

Don't think they can control when the rugby is played :(

I'm trying to figure out how their pitch is in such a bad state. The stadium was hosting sevens. Sevens is an open, running form of rugby. It's not like they are having 16-man scrums and mauls on there , which would chew up the surface. 

Edited by BenTheFox

1 minute ago, BenTheFox said:

I'm trying to figure out how their pitch is in such a bad state. The stadium was hosting sevens. Sevens is an open, running form of rugby. It's not like they are having 16-man scrums and mauls on there , which would chew up the surface. 

And Wasps haven't played a home game there in two and a half months! 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Goodness knows how bad it will be when the winter comes !

57 minutes ago, Koke said:

Love Nigel but he's not half behaving like a victim. Managers jobs are not in jeopardy because of refs. That's the most ludicrous thing I've ever heard.  Plus, Niger doesn't ever count the amount of times bad decisions have gone in his favour that has gained him 1 or 3 points. 

Did you see their opening game against Hull? The penalty after the most blatant dive? And the non red card for Luton last night amongst other things? 

48 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

And Wasps haven't played a home game there in two and a half months! 

It’s because wasps have couldn’t pay the contractor to fix the pitch after the gig/sevens, so they obviously refused to do it. They literally have no money.