Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Championship Season - 2022/2023

2 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I don't think he's wrong in anything he says, but he strikes me as doing what Neil Warnock would do. Speak his truths, face the consequences, then get to a point where he can't be bothered because they get nothing back from the referees themselves before it's too late. 

The officiating is terrible. Much worse than it used to be. That starts from the top - the lack of consistency stems from there. The other problem is grassroots. Fewer people involved or that love the game aren't choosing to become referees or officials because the sheer amount of abuse they face. And this is at younger grassroots levels, not just early adults/men's levels. They get abused ridiculous amounts. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

They are blaming the Rammstein gig and that the pitch was covered for a long period

Pretty sure they have gigs there regularly so one gig shouldn't have made the difference. Then they blame the Commonwealth Games which also shouldn't have tipped the balance. It's a long list of things and the big issue is the poor maintenance of the pitch. It should have had a new pitch but apparently Wasps said they never agreed to it.

Two options for the football club:

1. Buy Wasps out

2. Build a new ground

I think option 2 is what they are heading for.

31 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Did you see their opening game against Hull? The penalty after the most blatant dive? And the non red card for Luton last night amongst other things? 

The fact they wrote to BC to admit they made an error in a previous game does back up his point.

Probably not the first time either hence his frustration.

I don't like it when the refs are actually abused on the pitch but like everyone they aren't immune from criticism. 

Unfortunately at grassroots level this turns very aggressive and sometimes even physical. 

Edited by Super_horns

6 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

I'm trying to figure out how their pitch is in such a bad state. The stadium was hosting sevens. Sevens is an open, running form of rugby. It's not like they are having 16-man scrums and mauls on there , which would chew up the surface. 

there was 64 games played on it though for the sevens lol

I think its ripped the grass out rather than anything else, plus the concerts that have been on. 

The end of the day i guess what happens when you dont own your ground 

13 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

What constitutes a good season? Are the expectations to push for the play-offs, finish mid-table or just to avoid relegation? First and foremost it must just be a relief to have finally gotten out of league 1. 

Our supporters aren’t daft, we’ve seen enough shite over the years to know staying up this season would be a good achievement. Our first XI will compete well, we just need better options from the bench… Red card killed us tonight. 

1 minute ago, Corky said:

The grim reality of having Steve Bruce as manager hitting home for the Baggies. Barely win a game and are told to put up with it because it somehow could be worse.

According to a friend of mine who supports them, they are actually playing some good stuff so far this season and dominating games but can't score and are in desperate need of a striker

18 hours ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

Said it other week, Ahmedhodzic too good for the Championship!

McAtee looks very handy as well.

Bossed the game didn't he? Quite an imposing figure. One to watch out for throughout the season. 

Blackburn have a highly rated youngster - Ashley Phillips. 17y/o CB already been linked with a move away and they're distraught he may leave them so early on. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Bossed the game didn't he? Quite an imposing figure. One to watch out for throughout the season. 

Blackburn have a highly rated youngster - Ashley Phillips. 17y/o CB already been linked with a move away and they're distraught he may leave them so early on. 

Was brilliant again at the back and love the way his first thought in possession is to step in and start the attack. A few mates of mine are Blackburn fans and they reckon Ahmedhodzic was a week away from going to them with a link to their manager or something before sheff Utd jumped in. Definitely worth seeing how he progresses.

Not seen much of Blackburn this year, I know they have a young squad and not much depth so those who are playing are going to get a good amount of game time. Think they felt that a bit last night but I imagine they will have number of players who have a fair few suitors come end of the season.

1 hour ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

Was brilliant again at the back and love the way his first thought in possession is to step in and start the attack. A few mates of mine are Blackburn fans and they reckon Ahmedhodzic was a week away from going to them with a link to their manager or something before sheff Utd jumped in. Definitely worth seeing how he progresses.

Not seen much of Blackburn this year, I know they have a young squad and not much depth so those who are playing are going to get a good amount of game time. Think they felt that a bit last night but I imagine they will have number of players who have a fair few suitors come end of the season.

The Blades had a deal in place back in January for him so I doubt Blackburn were ever that close to signing him 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Super_horns said:

Dennis gone and Pedro keen to join Newcastle.

Hoping Sarr stays otherwise we can probably kiss goodbye to automatic promotion anyway unless others step up .

You'll be fine now you've the Bangladeshi Xavi running the midfield :D

• Like 1

Bristol City lead 1-0 against Cardiff at half time in the early kick off today. Let's see if they can hold onto a lead any better than us. :dunno:

EDIT - 2-0!

On 20/08/2022 at 08:23, Nalis said:

Sargent finally finds his level, wasnt sure what that level was before seeing as he was complete and utter tosh in the premier league last season.

Norwich don't half know how to pick them, don't they? I said last season that he might be the worst striker I've ever seen in the top flight. Then I cast my mind back and remembered the Canaries' also went a season with Ricky van Wolfswinkel up front.
 :nigel:

Edited by OntarioFox