Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Hamza Choudhury

2 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

I think that Kane will feel happy enough with £50 million or so in the bank and won't suffer the indignity of having to flog his medals on EBay like so many do. Memories are short in football . Who can name the Blackburn team that won the PL in its entirety. Medals are nice, money trumps it every time . Ask Mbappe.

All professional's have loads of money. It's not the be all and end all. But any top player wants trophies and medals at the end of his playing days or what is the point?

8 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Screenshot_20220621-084148_Chrome.jpg

I think some on here have finally woken up to the level of salaries paid at our club. This has proven to be the major barrier to our transfer dealings. We are now known as a big club who pay big wages , the days of cheap deals and below average pay are gone.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, An Sionnach said:

I think some on here have finally woken up to the level of salaries paid at our club. This has proven to be the major barrier to our transfer dealings. We are now known as a big club who pay big wages , the days of cheap deals and below average pay are gone.

I can't be bothered to go back and find all the posters who claimed it's bullshit.

It's been very obvious that they can't sort a loan move out for him due to sides not even wanting to cover 50% of his wages.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I can't be bothered to go back and find all the posters who claimed it's bullshit.

It's been very obvious that they can't sort a loan move out for him due to sides not even wanting to cover 50% of his wages.

Thankfully he has only got a year left! 

He must love his agent 

8 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I can’t believe people don’t know or believe it. Without sounding like an idiot, I’ve had it on very good authority, as have you. 

I know times have changed, but it’s staggering when you think Muzzy, Elliott never topped £40k a week. 

• Like 1

Got nothing against the guy but he needs the leave..Has only been kept around to help with homegrown quota I'd assume. You forget he plays for us until he makes a 10 minute cameo once every couple of months 

I don't blame him for taking every bit of his current contract, he will never get a better one. 

13 minutes ago, Bert said:

I can’t believe people don’t know or believe it. Without sounding like an idiot, I’ve had it on very good authority, as have you. 

I know times have changed, but it’s staggering when you think Muzzy, Elliott never topped £40k a week

Surely that's about 80 years ago though....

8 minutes ago, sdb said:

How on earth can he be earning that much?! At no point has he ever been a regular first team starter. 

Not for the first time we've handed out a contract based on potential and not actual performance. 

55 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I definitely didn't believe it, whoever gave him that money should be nowhere near handling conract negotiations, I'm assuming it was Rudders?

Scandalous amounts of money being paid to absolute dross.

4 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Scandalous amounts of money being paid to absolute dross.

Is Hamza worth his salary , given the minutes he plays probably not. He  certainly isn't dross though , upper end of the Championship is about his standard.

4 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Is Hamza worth his salary , given the minutes he plays probably not. He  certainly isn't dross though , upper end of the Championship is about his standard.

Dross by our standards. If I was talking from my Coalville Town supporting perspective, I'd have him down as a top class midfielder that should be playing at least 3 or 4 levels above :D

Thing is we have a few top players who carry the rest of the squad which is average. But because the top players command the top wages in line with what they can earn elsewhere, it artificially drags up the salaries of the rest of them. Happens in any company because the average performers get wind of the top salaries and demand an increase so there isn't a huge gulf. Suddenly we're paying £30K a week to a goalie who's input to the club is to boot balls at Kasper all week. 

9 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Thing is we have a few top players who carry the rest of the squad which is average. But because the top players command the top wages in line with what they can earn elsewhere, it artificially drags up the salaries of the rest of them. Happens in any company because the average performers get wind of the top salaries and demand an increase so there isn't a huge gulf. Suddenly we're paying £30K a week to a goalie who's input to the club is to boot balls at Kasper all week. 

This is the rub: Sometimes you have to pay players more not to play. You give your squad players more than they would earn playing every week at another team. Some players don't want that deal: Praet and Schlupp come to mind. Others accept it, for whatever reason: Accept the monetary payoff (especially if you don't like playing football, and many professional footballers see it at just a job; thinking you can breakthrough to the first team; or just waiting for another deal.

But it does make it harder to shift them when you need them to go...

3 hours ago, hackneyfox said:

Choudhury allegedly on 62k a week, there is no excuse for that, at no point in his career has he looked anything better than a below average PL player. Whoever it was that was sniffing around when his contract was up for renewal we should have made them make an offer before deciding on his salary increase.

I'm all for paying our top players a good whack to keep the here but we pay far too much to some of our other players, Hurst & Choudhury being prime examples if the figures can be believed.

9 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

9 hours ago, Bert said:

I know times have changed, but it’s staggering when you think Muzzy, Elliott never topped £40k a week. 

I wish I knew how trustworthy your sources are.  There’s no way to verify Choudhury’s salary on the Web.

The articles that reported his extension three years ago gave no numbers. 

The websites (spotrac, capology, soccerprime) which list PL player salaries have him on the last year of a £7,500 per week contract.  But their numbers only add up to a fraction of our reported  payroll.

The media source for the £60K per week figure appears to have been a Martin Hardy article, still widely referenced.  https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/steve-bruce-frustration-after-newcastle-refuse-to-sanction-hamza-choudhury-loan

We know media reports of player compensation are estimates or SWAGs.  (Signing and performance bonuses -- no small change -- are rarely mentioned.)  In Hamza’s case it's always either of two implausible figures from unknown sources.  At £7,500/week, we would have moved him already.  Yet £60K/week never made sense from a club that makes mistakes once (Matty James), then learns not to repeat them.

Oh well, even at £60K/week, some club should find a year of his services worth the £3.9M.  But we won't get a fee for him will we.