Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Mladen Sormaz - Head of Analytics departing

15 minutes ago, Stadt said:

I didn't expect much movement on this but nothing 10 weeks later isn't encouraging. Given we need to do more with fewer resources -  integrating a top analytics bod would go along way.

He was a Balsom appointment. Looks like we’ve completed abandoned this side of the club

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Still no replacement 

I expect it would be basically be this role they are advertising for

https://trainingground.guru/jobs-listings/first-team-lead-data-scientist

Leicester City Football Club are recruiting for a First Team Lead Data Scientist to lead the Club in their use of advanced performance data. Reporting into the Director of Football, this role will manage the collection and architecture of multiple sources of raw data, build mathematical models, and provide insight and guidance to coaches, analysts and other relevant stakeholders.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Leicester City Football Club are recruiting for a First Team Lead Data Scientist to lead the Club in their use of advanced performance data. Reporting into the Director of Football, this role will manage the collection and architecture of multiple sources of raw data, build mathematical models, and provide insight and guidance to coaches, analysts and other relevant stakeholders.

Head of Analytics shifting to First team Lead Data Scientist, if it is the same role, is a concern imo. It should be an independent role reporting to the board rather than the DoF.

Guest StevieLynex
On 08/06/2022 at 15:53, Les-TA-Jon said:

Is in charge of the team of analysts!?

Analysing the notes that Brendan makes so that we can improve our defending from set pieces

8 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Head of Analytics shifting to First team Lead Data Scientist, if it is the same role, is a concern imo. It should be an independent role reporting to the board rather than the DoF.

Why would you report football related data to the business people instead of the person who heads up the football operations?

• Like 2

Guest StevieLynex
41 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Would be great to see them recruiting a new Manager 

2 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Might give that a go. My recent data engineering experience is in retail and digital marketing, but surely i would only need to build a data model that looked at sideways passing and the resulting score lines, and to put a power point together that explained 'STOP FU**ING DOING THAT'

• 4 months later...
On 11/10/2022 at 16:16, moore_94 said:

Was this ever role filled? @moore_94

• 1 month later...

Having this role sit under the Director of Football while the previous lead Analyst mentioned not getting proper time with the DoF stinks of how Rudkin operates.

Honestly Top, Susan, it's embarrassing you've allowed Rudkin to remain in the post for so long.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

I think it was Tanner who reported that some analysts left the club as they were frustrated under Rodgers that their advice and insight wasn't being used. 

What a ****. We have two things that put us apart from our rivals. The acadamy and scouting. He ****ed both.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, lcfc_forever said:

I think it was Tanner who reported that some analysts left the club as they were frustrated under Rodgers that their advice and insight wasn't being used. 

I can definitely see this being the case - was it in an article?

1 hour ago, lcfc_forever said:

"Brendan, I've got some data that shows when we fanny about with the ball in our own half, with players like Ndidi and Amartey, it's causing alot of errors leading to goals"

"Brendan, I've got some data that shows Danny Ward is operating at League One level currently and we should look at other options"

"Brendan, I've been doing some research, and it turns out Vardy is now 36 and has only scored once all season, perhaps giving our other strikers a run would be beneficial"

Yeah, I'd leave too...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

38 minutes ago, Stadt said:

I can definitely see this being the case - was it in an article?

It was an Athletic one a few days ago. I can't remember exactly but I think it was more to do with recruitment staff getting disillusioned with us signing dossers like Bertrand and Vestergaard, might be wrong though.

• Like 1