Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Mladen Sormaz - Head of Analytics departing

2 hours ago, Guest said:

It was an Athletic one a few days ago. I can't remember exactly but I think it was more to do with recruitment staff getting disillusioned with us signing dossers like Bertrand and Vestergaard, might be wrong though.

Here is the specific quote: "Some of the club’s recruitment staff became exasperated at the change in approach and felt their work and their previously trusted process were being ignored. Some chose to leave."

7 hours ago, lcfc_forever said:

I think it was Tanner who reported that some analysts left the club as they were frustrated under Rodgers that their advice and insight wasn't being used. 

We really need to start writing down a timeline of all the absolutely horrendous decisions that Rodgers made during his time here. 

Edited by cityfanlee23
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, lcfc_forever said:

I think it was Tanner who reported that some analysts left the club as they were frustrated under Rodgers that their advice and insight wasn't being used. 

I posted in another thread but there was an interview with a video analyst who had worked with Rodgers and said he mainly used it for confirmation of his own ideas, not to bring in any new insight, can imagine it would get a bit annoying someone just saying prove me right all the time!

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

22 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

There was, it was Brendan. He was also head of recruitment, lead physio, sports scientist, kit man and tea lady.

As others have said, I guess it doesn't matter who the person is or if there is no data analyst, if King Brendan doesn't listen.

12 hours ago, cityfanlee23 said:

This really does blow my mind when you sit back and think. 
Data analysts leave because their work was being ignored, we continue to sign absolute shit on massive wages, 

Head physio and other medical staff effectively pushed out, leading to an ongoing injury crisis for the best part of 2 and half years. 

Unbelievable really. 

And what's worse was the fans lapped it up and just brushed this off as "bad luck". 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Harboro said:

I posted in another thread but there was an interview with a video analyst who had worked with Rodgers and said he mainly used it for confirmation of his own ideas, not to bring in any new insight, can imagine it would get a bit annoying someone just saying prove me right all the time!

I guess when you have tiny hands then having video evidence that you could still have “it” in them was quite positive for him. 

6 hours ago, Dames said:

The signs were there from the start but the form in those first two seasons managed to mask a lot of issues and lead people into believing Rodgers was right.

The bloke was a parasite and all he was doing as ensuring that he tricked enough people into believing that things couldnt and wouldnt function without him. 

Exactly this. I was laughed at by friends when I said we have big issues 2 years ago, and to some degree there were quite a few of us commenting similar things 18 months ago on here but I think football is black and white to many people, not that there’s anything inherently wrong with that, but I don’t believe you can take a game like football and ONLY look at the results. The foundation below those results has to be solid. Unfortunately for us the signs were there. Hopefully going forward as a fanbase we can learn from this and if we see these mistakes continuing we can make our voices properly known. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Exactly this. I was laughed at by friends when I said we have big issues 2 years ago, and to some degree there were quite a few of us commenting similar things 18 months ago on here but I think football is black and white to many people, not that there’s anything inherently wrong with that, but I don’t believe you can take a game like football and ONLY look at the results. The foundation below those results has to be solid. Unfortunately for us the signs were there. Hopefully going forward as a fanbase we can learn from this and if we see these mistakes continuing we can make our voices properly known. 

This is true. Even last season many (probably Top and the board too) were blinded by the 8th place finish but it did not tell the story.

In October 2021, after the Newcastle takeover before Howe was appointed, I said to a mate who supports them that I really hoped they would take Rodgers as things weren’t right at Leicester and if stays we’d be relegated inside 3 years. He laughed at that.

Sunday before last, day after the Palace game and before the news of his sacking came through in the afternoon, we saw this mate and his wife and he said straight away, ‘****, you weren’t being dramatic when you said that, what has happened’.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

This is true. Even last season many (probably Top and the board too) were blinded by the 8th place finish but it did not tell the story.

In October 2021, after the Newcastle takeover before Howe was appointed, I said to a mate who supports them that I really hoped they would take Rodgers as things weren’t right at Leicester and if stays we’d be relegated inside 3 years. He laughed at that.

Sunday before last, day after the Palace game and before the news of his sacking came through in the afternoon, we saw this mate and his wife and he said straight away, ‘****, you weren’t being dramatic when you said that, what has happened’.

Yes I’ve had similar experiences. The prioritising of FA Cup over Champions League and the prioritising of Europa Conference over league position were mistaken if understandable. Yet the fanbase was having nothing to do with the opposite view. They were in any case false binaries. Pursuing one competition does not have to entail abandoning another. The question of Brendan was also presented as a false binary - “are you Brendan in, or Brendan out?”

What would have been more useful was a better understanding of Rodgers’ failings - which were fully documented by Liverpool and Celtic fans when he joined, and have now returned to haunt us as well. In all the local media, national media and podcast coverage of Brendan’s tenure here, I have never heard an interview from anyone at these clubs who could have offered valuable insight, even when results were going our way. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, eblair said:

Think a lot of this discussion helps explain how Pearson built a club ready to take on the world, and Rodgers has left a club decimated.

Nearly all support staff always said Pearson was keen to listen and take on board suggestions, he was actually very progressive. Remember Dave Rennie saying manager had never listened to him as much as Pearson. Rodgers on the other hand is an arrogant sod, which was an advantage for us in short term but has left us with our pants down.

Really beggars belief how Pearson had reputation as a football luddite, is one of modern football's greatest crimes he never got proper crack at a prem club

Decimated means 1/10th removed. 

Rodgers achieved far worse.