Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Mladen Sormaz - Head of Analytics departing

1 hour ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Gosh he looks like a gap year student 😳

If you look at the most successful and innovative companies  business people in sharp suits work for twentysomething geeks in hoodies.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Ok. This is weird and quite a coincidence, but I keep getting sent parcels meant for Mladen Sormaz and his family. I know he doesn't work for LCFC anymore, but does anyone know his address, or perhaps know someone at the club that knows his address so I can send these parcels on to him? I believe he lives in the Stamford area. If anyone does know his address can they please PM it to me, as I'm sure he doesn't want his address put on public display on FT.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Ok. This is weird and quite a coincidence, but I keep getting sent parcels meant for Mladen Sormaz and his family. I know he doesn't work for LCFC anymore, but does anyone know his address, or perhaps know someone at the club that knows his address so I can send these parcels on to him? I believe he lives in the Stamford area. If anyone does know his address can they please PM it to me, as I'm sure he doesn't want his address put on public display on FT.

Fess up. You're Mladen's ex-girlfriend.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Only if he sends us a list of left footed CBs that can play inverted LB.

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

It’s a common name in Lincolnshire.

8 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Ok. This is weird and quite a coincidence, but I keep getting sent parcels meant for Mladen Sormaz and his family. 

Is it weird and quite a coincidence.... or have you just moved into his old house? lol 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

https://www.barnsleyfc.co.uk/news/2024/february/mladen-sormaz-appointed/

MLADEN SORMAZ APPOINTED AS SPORTING DIRECTOR

Barnsley Football Club is pleased to confirm the appointment of Mladen Sormaz as our new Sporting Director, the first appointment of its kind in the Club’s history.

Mladen joins the Reds from 777 Partners, where he was responsible for identifying players for multiple clubs across an international portfolio of teams which include Genoa, Standard Liege and Hertha Berlin.

Prior to working with 777, Sormaz held a senior position in Leicester City’s recruitment team between 2019 and 2022, during which time the Foxes achieved three top eight Premier League league finishes and won the FA Cup.

Mladen will head up football operations for Barnsley Football Club including negotiating incoming and outgoing transfers as well as player contract offers across the Men’s and Women’s sides. He will support the Men’s and Women’s coaching teams, youth academy, lead recruitment, sports science, and medical services departments.

Edited by Harboro
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Harboro said:

https://www.barnsleyfc.co.uk/news/2024/february/mladen-sormaz-appointed/

MLADEN SORMAZ APPOINTED AS SPORTING DIRECTOR

Barnsley Football Club is pleased to confirm the appointment of Mladen Sormaz as our new Sporting Director, the first appointment of its kind in the Club’s history.

Mladen joins the Reds from 777 Partners, where he was responsible for identifying players for multiple clubs across an international portfolio of teams which include Genoa, Standard Liege and Hertha Berlin.

Prior to working with 777, Sormaz held a senior position in Leicester City’s recruitment team between 2019 and 2022, during which time the Foxes achieved three top eight Premier League league finishes and won the FA Cup.

Mladen will head up football operations for Barnsley Football Club including negotiating incoming and outgoing transfers as well as player contract offers across the Men’s and Women’s sides. He will support the Men’s and Women’s coaching teams, youth academy, lead recruitment, sports science, and medical services departments.

That job description is not the job description of our director of football in the eyes of many of our fans. 

• Like 4

Just now, coolhandfox said:

Where did you find a copy of the JD?

Sorry the key duties, similar thing.

Must come as a huge shock to thr apologists in our fanbase. Someone else must do that at Leicester, definitely not our DOF.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Sorry the key duties, similar thing.

Must come as a huge shock to thr apologists in our fanbase. Someone else must do that at Leicester, definitely not our DOF.

Enzo was full of praise for Glover the other week.

Thing is you can have two roles with the same job title in two different organisation and the roles can be total different.

I just wish we were a little more transparent, let's see an interview with he CEO, DOF, Head of recruitment.

The only person we here from live is the manager.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Enzo was full of praise for Glover the other week.

Thing is you can have two roles with the same job title in two different organisation as the roles can be total different.

I just wish we were a little more transparent, let's see an interview with he CEO, DOF, Head of recruitment.

The only person we here from live is the manager.

I might be wrong but the general consensus is that head of recruitment leads on identifying targets and will have a recommendation on transfer value but not wages or anything like that.

It is the DOF's role to negotiate the transfers in and out, as well as the wages/contracts and contract renewals.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I might be wrong but the general consensus is that head of recruitment leads on identifying targets and will have a recommendation on transfer value but not wages or anything like that.

It is the DOF's role to negotiate the transfers in and out, as well as the wages/contracts and contract renewals.

Yes I agree 100%

But we have seen our CEO step in and takeover negotiations for the Fofana deal.

But I see it in the real world were role intertwine or just don't work as you expect.

I don't have as big a love boner over Brighton as some but I do like the fact you hear from their senior people in the media.

It creates more trust.

7 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Yes I agree 100%

But we have seen our CEO step in and takeover negotiations for the Fofana deal.

But I see it in the real world were role intertwine or just don't work as you expect.

I don't have as big a love boner over Brighton as some but I do like the fact you hear from their senior people in the media.

It creates more trust.

Yes. But do Brighton have an influential Trust working behind the scenes??

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
19 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Looks like he didn't even last a year

Nobody with a good CV stays very long at LCFC.

Sormaz, McGuinness, Macia etc.

we know from experience that we believe paying players exorbitant salaries is much more beneficial than giving those who are just as valuable behind the scenes a big enough wage to keep them. having said that, i'm aware that chelsea recently took someone of this ilk from brighton who went as high as they felt was reasonable  but were still blown out of the water by chelsea's offer 

50 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

we know from experience that we believe paying players exorbitant salaries is much more beneficial than giving those who are just as valuable behind the scenes a big enough wage to keep them. having said that, i'm aware that chelsea recently took someone of this ilk from brighton who went as high as they felt was reasonable  but were still blown out of the water by chelsea's offer 

Clubs will spend £1.5m p/a for a third choice keeper but probably baulk at £250k p/a for a DoF, arguably the most influential person at a club lol 

Edited by Stadt
  • Like 2