Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Nathan Collins

7 hours ago, iancognito said:

Players don't suddenly forget how to pass when they join Burnley though. Evans had 2 or 3 years of Pulisball before us and he turned out fine.

Even if he's not the finished article, he'll have good experience from being coached defensively by Gravel Throat as well as playing around Tarkowski and Mee.

I wouldn’t say it is necessarily about him forgetting but more that so far in his career he hasn’t yet had to be a ball playing centre back, as before Burnley he was at Stoke where he was playing the same kind of role

Although it does seem he is pretty fond of the cross field ball so there may be something about him

He’s been standout player for Ireland and has really impressed me the last set of game he played.

For Ireland he looked really good on the ball and I was shocked by how quick he can run for a big lad!

Would be an upgrade on Soyuncu in my opinion 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, jmono84 said:

He’s been standout player for Ireland and has really impressed me the last set of game he played.

For Ireland he looked really good on the ball and I was shocked by how quick he can run for a big lad!

His all round game shows enough for my to convince me he is a good buy. I wish we had signed him last summer. Some of the dismissive comments on here make me think that some people comment without having seen a player or having any factual knowledge. I’m a big fan of soyuncu and evans but it is clear we are going to need replacements. This guy is only going to get better and I think would improve well here alongside the likes of evans and fofana. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, indierich06 said:

Would much rather we go for Colwill tbh, as I think he has a higher ceiling. But I guess it'll all be down to the financials as per.

Chelsea would screw us to the floor if we made a bid for him. Certainly a similar fee to Fofana.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Chelsea would screw us to the floor if we made a bid for him. Certainly a similar fee to Fofana.

It's a different situation I admit, but Guehi only cost Palace £18m last season - which doesn't seem too unreasonable. Rumours that Lampard is keen to get him on loan at Everton anyway, so could be another that's out of our hands really.  Collins would almost certainly be the cheaper option though.

28 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

No one is signing him for 40m.

Hes also not left sided so can't see us going for him.

40m!!! This cannot be true.  Better options and value outside of England at a fraction of the price.  Hopefully our Recruitment Team are looking outside of Hampshire this window.  

4 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

Obviously missed something but does surprise me that signing a centre back who isn't, or wasn't first choice at Burnley, is met with a certain degree of excitement :dunno:

He's a young inexperienced CB just making a breakthrough with big potential. He can play other positions as well and is good with the ball at his feet.

We have been watching him for a while and he would suit Brendan's style. The price now might be an issue with Burnley.

4 hours ago, jmono84 said:

Last comment - not too difficult 😉

1 hour ago, JimJams said:

Newcastle sniffing around apparently!

Thank God for that. Much better value elsewhere (outside of Hampshire).