Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Nampalys Mendy

Galatasaray are interested again - also a suggestion he could leave for free...

https://ajansspor.com/haber/iste-aslanin-yeni-orta-sahasi-1-5-milyon-euroya-607087

After the transfer of Abdülkerim Bardakçı, Galatasaray focused on the search for a football player who can play both ways in the midfield, and a surprise name came up. Here are the details...

The biggest goal of the technical team in Galatasaray before the new season is to create a solid midfield. While the names such as Ndombele, İdrissa Gueye, Morgan Sanson and William Carvalho are on the list among the yellow-red people who continue their work in this direction, the Senegalese football player Nampalys Mendy, who has been on the agenda in the past seasons, has entered the radar again.

The 30-year-old football player, who had problems with his coach in Leicester City and could only play in 15 games in the past season, played a big role in Senegal's African Cup championship and attracted attention again.

Experienced football player is ready to come to Galatasaray for a salary of 1.5 million Euros. The football player, who does not match with Leicester City, has a situation to leave the English club for free. If the player, whose contract will expire in 2023, agrees with Galatasaray on every issue, the conditions will be forced so that the transfer fee is not paid. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

I like Mendy. I’d be happy to keep him as Ndidi back up

Agreed.  Solid squad player and more than useful if Ndidi is injured.  Which is probably why he'll get shifted whereas the real 'deadwood' will be hanging around like a bad smell next season.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Allenho11 said:

Mendy has got to stay. Solid player that has always stood in for Ndidi very well when he’s had the chance. 

So we have to offer him another contract extension and this time he will want at least three years.  are you committing to that? 

Mendy is good, but not the right type of player we need and by now I am sure he would rather play regularly than be a backup - so sell.

He started to impress me late last season. Something changed about the way he played; he became more willing to drive forward with the ball and make more probing passes. I suspect he was simply given different instructions by the coaches.

4 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

He needs to go for his own sake, we've treated him pretty shabbily in his time here.

Why was it shabby? He was not first choice is all, and a planned move feel through   :dunno: 

Do agree for his own reasons he would be best served by a move though

Decent squad player, but he going to have limited game time.

For me, we can invest that time in some of our promising youngsters, Braybrooke, and Brunt. 

We need to reduce the wage bill as well.

Also, he's coming to the stage of his career where he needs to be playing weekly.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

So we have to offer him another contract extension and this time he will want at least three years.  are you committing to that? 

If he’s happy to play here then yes I would offer it to him. Look at Ndidi’s injury record, our other option is Hamza who let’s face it passes it sideways 5 yards and kicks people and that’s his game. Who can the club afford to replace him with? 

Decent enough player, but for both parties it’s time to go. 
Without knowing his wages, they would be way to much for a player that simply won’t play if Wilf is fit.

Especially with no Europe this season, let him go and free up those wages towards a regular starter.

With Ndidi's recent injury problems we could do with keeping him around but at the same time we could do without him being tied down on a longer term contract. We have to make space somewhere and we can't keep hanging on to players. 

Got nothing against Mendy, but I don't think we'd miss him that much. 

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

If the player, whose contract will expire in 2023, agrees with Galatasaray on every issue, the conditions will be forced so that the transfer fee is not paid. 

Good luck with that! I am sure Mendy wouldn't command a huge fee, but the club isn't going to be "forced" on a free transfer. Mendy is 30 years old, and if he can get a three-year deal in Turkey, that would be good for the latter part of his career. And we probably need to be looking younger for a DCM, possibly even utilizing Brunt as a backup with Braybooke in reserve, if he doesn't go on loan.

Mendy has had a tough time at the club, but has been professional throughout (and won the FA Cup!). I wish him the best if he leaves.

17 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

With Ndidi's recent injury problems we could do with keeping him around but at the same time we could do without him being tied down on a longer term contract. We have to make space somewhere and we can't keep hanging on to players. 

Got nothing against Mendy, but I don't think we'd miss him that much. 

He still managed 39, 36, and 31 games in all comps in the last 3 seasons.

I think he can manage to play 38 PL games, playing 3 games a week is the biggest issue, with no European football, he will be fine. 

• Like 3