Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
2 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Do enjoy the League Cup.

It is actually my favourite competition (I mean, in that I get excited about it.) I have no idea why: Night games? Winning it three times? Even -- going back to my younger days in the States -- John Harkes's League Cup heroics when he was the only American in English football. But I love the League Cup.

  • Like 1
Posted
3 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Do enjoy the League Cup.

Would love us to win it again.

 

Brings back memories of the O'Neill years, the replay at Hillsborough is still a very special night for me.

 

It was also the last ever replayed final in League Cup history. 

 

 

  • Like 4
Posted
34 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Would love us to win it again.

 

Brings back memories of the O'Neill years, the replay at Hillsborough is still a very special night for me.

 

It was also the last ever replayed final in League Cup history. 

I remember trying to climb onto my chair to see our goal and then clinging to my dad's jacket for dear life as my seat flipped back and disappeared from under my feet as everyone was going nuts when the goal went in lol

 

  • Haha 1
Posted
7 hours ago, fox_up_north said:

I know that area well. The cinema in Heaton Moor is lovely. Funnily enough, that's where I met Huth - of all places! 

 

I lived in a flat near the train station and the very stabby McDonald's. Was glad to move out of there, by the end. Up in Glossop now. 

You gone posh :D

Posted
1 minute ago, Steve Earle said:

Want this for Vardy to complete the set!

Would have loved us to do it with kasper and vardy. Ah well. Let's hope with no European football we see the cups as a way to get back in and add more silverware.

  • Like 1
Posted

Disappointed with this. Was hoping to add a new ground to my current 49, but Edgeley Park is the ground I've been to most after our own. I was at our League One encounter there, but also went to nearly all their Friday night home games between 1971 and 1974. That season IIRC it cost me 33p for a return rail journey, match entrance and a programme!

 

I know. I am getting on.

  • Like 3
Posted
12 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

Disappointed with this. Was hoping to add a new ground to my current 49, but Edgeley Park is the ground I've been to most after our own. I was at our League One encounter there, but also went to nearly all their Friday night home games between 1971 and 1974. That season IIRC it cost me 33p for a return rail journey, match entrance and a programme!

 

I know. I am getting on.

A ride on a steam train is always nice ;)

  • Sad 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...