Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kierzz

New Manager? Who do you Want?

We've missed the boat on the realistic choices. A year ago I think Potter would've joined- not now. I get the call for Pochettino but don't see it happening.

No idea who they would be looking at and what they'd be willing to pay.

4 minutes ago, fleshdaddy said:

I'd be flabbergasted if Poch came here, just don't see it happening at all. I'd go for Graham Potter myself, but as I've just said in another thread, I have a feeling we'll end up with someone like Rafa Benitez because he has 'Premier League experience' - just going off of our previous appointments.

fair comment. It would be an ambitious enough appointment that he might even  be able to persuade Fofana to see the season out with us

Edited by MPH

We are entering another transition period and while I’m not saying I actually want Nigel back I think he would clear out the squad and get us playing attacking football again.

Probably wouldn’t get us to the heights of 4th places that we have seen in recent years but would stabilise the club. 

For the same reason, my original cringe at the thought of big Sean Dyche coming here has subsided and perhaps that mould of personality is more what we need. 

ps why would poch ever come here? Delusions of grandeur. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Shane said:

Someone who will use the academy and give the youngsters a run of games

Pretty much this, club tried to go big with Rodgers, but then KP realised they couldnt/wouldnt go all in on that ambition, so to go back to previous ethos, we need the type of manager you said, personally I would also like if the manager wasnt obsessed with possession based football.

• Like 1

Just now, Corky said:

We've missed the boat on the realistic choices. A year ago I think Potter would've joined- not now. I get the call for Pochettino but don't see it happening.

No idea who they would be looking at and what they'd be willing to pay.

Pochettino is never coming here. He’s 6 months away from getting a job at a greedy super league club when one of them falters. 

Just now, Sly said:

Sometimes it’s just a different voice. 

Ranieri was never an exceptional coach, however he took Pearson team and for 12 months made them work better.

In fairness, Rodgers took what Puel had built and did the same for 18 months. 

It’s progression and it’s that bounce that is needed. 

I mentioned it earlier. We’ll rarely if ever see a tenure at a football club like Ferguson or Wenger again. It’s a limited shelf life as a job now and clubs need a reset ever 2 to 3 years. That’s why they’re head coaches and not Managers most of the time now. 

I thought he was brilliant tactically in that first season. He rarely put a foot wrong and very often did just what was needed. The total opposite of Rodgers. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Sly said:

Ranieri was never an exceptional coach, however he took Pearson team and for 12 months made them work better.

It's testament to Pearson how you take his team and drive on to win the pinnacle of all sporting achievements

Marco Rose or Roberto De Zerbi, both are available.

Rose did a fantastic job at Gladbach, when Bundesliga was the only football on during the pandemic, they were one of my favourite teams to watch.

De Zerbi improved Sassuolo to the point where they finished a respectable 8th in Serie A, got the best out of players like Locatelli & Berardi, highly rated and plays easy on the eye football.

• Like 3

Guest itude
5 minutes ago, fleshdaddy said:

I'd be flabbergasted if Poch came here, just don't see it happening at all. I'd go for Graham Potter myself, but as I've just said in another thread, I have a feeling we'll end up with someone like Rafa Benitez because he has 'Premier League experience' - just going off of our previous appointments.

Potter has £70+ million to spend yet, somehow I don't think he will even consider it.

Guest itude
Just now, kingfox said:

Marco Rose or Roberto De Zerbi, both are available.

Rose did a fantastic job at Gladbach, when Bundesliga was the only football on during the pandemic, they were one of my favourite teams to watch.

De Zerbi improved Sassuolo to the point where they finished a respectable 8th in Serie A, got the best out of players like Locatelli & Berardi, highly rated and plays easy on the eye football.

Sadly not premier league tested, so a big risk