Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ricey

Jeremie Boga

28 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Because he’s cover for the left (crosses fingers).

I've come to the conclusion that we just want a body in to tie us over to the January transfer window when Noni Madueke will be fit again.  Convinced he was one of the players Brendan said he'd had chats with earlier in the summer.

The shorter closed window in relation to games due to the World Cup may mean we have got more of an eye on then to sort the RW issue.

The big question will be if Rodgers is still here by then to see this 'plan' come to fruition.

Edited by stu

12 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

This is why we need to get this chap in.......

As we approach Thursday’s 11pm deadline, Leicester forward Harvey Barnes is on the radar of Newcastle.

It was said that the financially struggling Foxes may be willing to sell the Englishman for £50m with Newcastle prepared to pay £25m for his services.

Classic Newcastle, wandering around Ferrari garages with their Solo debit card in their hand!

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

No probably not because I genuinely don't think Rodgers thinks it's a problem. The only way I see us signing a RW as well is if Tielemans goes and instead of buying a CM we drop Madders back in to be our main play maker and we get a RW with the funds. 

I think you have to look at Rodgers preferred shape and listen to what he's said. He's explicitly stated that when Barnes is injured we have to change the formation. There is nobody else with Barnes skill set who can do what Barnes does and perform that role. 

Even when we've played well under Rodgers, he uses the RW/RM position as a sort of drifting, slightly off centre attacking midfielder who will sit narrow and allow a wing back to overlap. We play, at our best, in an asymmetrical fashion with Barnes playing as a conventional inside forward and a more unconventional "wide" right option. 

I think this is deliberate. We see it as Rodgers lacking options on the right but it's perfectly possible it's just how he wants us to line up and maybe he's actually happy about the breakthrough of Dewsbury Hall because it frees Madders up to go out there and he's objectively better than Perez. 

Rodgers was second in the league at Christmas playing this shape with Perez, he probably sees it as a pretty good option. 

However, as soon as Barnes has ever been hurt we've immediately sacrificed Rodgers plan A and gone with 3 cbs and wing backs because he doesn't trust anyone else to fill that role. 

I think we have to consider quite strongly the fact that Rodgers would rather us add cover at LW so that we can keep up our preferred shape than sign a RW upgrade when actually he quite likes Madders and Perez there. 

If that's the case then Boga starts to look more like a semi intelligent bit of stats driven business. He's a quick, direct, primary ball carrier who can and will fill in for Barnes. I desperately hope it's only a loan because he really isn't good enough for us to be spending precious little cash on. 

But when you look at it through that lens it isn't quite as absurd as it sounds. 

If we had any other manager, I'd much rather we go out and get a proper right winger so we can play a conventional attacking system with two excellent wide forwards. But if we're backing Rodgers and sticking with him (and the board probably are let's be honest) then this is probably a more useful signing to help us play consistently our best version of his football. 

Superb post which goes some way to understand the logic of this signing. 

But agree that right sided player would still be where we should be targeting as a priority. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, stu said:

I've come to the conclusion that we just want a body in to tie us over to the January transfer window when Noni Madueke will be fit again.  Convinced he was one of the players Brendan said he'd had chats with earlier in the summer.

The shorter closed window in relation to games due to the World Cup may mean we have got more of an eye on then to sort the RW issue.

The big question will be if Rodgers is still here by then to see this 'plan' come to fruition.

The big question is , will we be ten points adrift at the bottom of the table ? We are comfortably on course to concede 80 goals this season.

21 minutes ago, stu said:

Feel like Madueke will be crocked for rest of his career and will miss more games than he plays. Which obviously gives us a hard on so we will sign him.

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Rodgers saw fit to change our whole system because one winger was injured. I'd suggest that says he thinks there is a need for a body. 

Ahh, ok, guess that explains it. This is a sort of anyone will do scenario then?  As long as we can get them in?

6 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Ahh, ok, guess that explains it. This is a sort of anyone will do scenario then?  As long as we can get them in?

I'm sure we'd rather have quality, but as I mentioned earlier this could be last minute backup as we know Congerton can get it done quick for us. 

I swear to god if we are genuinely paying €20m for him…

https://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Jeremie-boga-atalanta-bergame-vers-leicester/1351205

The twirling winger Jérémie Boga (25) should not last forever at Atalanta Bergamo. Loaned by Sassuolo for the second part of last season and transferred definitively at the beginning of the summer, the Ivorian international (10 selections) should return to England.

The former Chelsea midfielder is expected to join Leicester soon. The amount of the transaction is estimated at around €20 million.

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I'm sure we'd rather have quality, but as I mentioned earlier this could be last minute backup as we know Congerton can get it done quick for us. 

Yes and we also know what Congerton offers. This is really beyond a joke now. As I said, if it’s a loan fair enough. If it’s a purchase then Christ on a pogo stick. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

We offer a simple loan without an option, Atalanta say no, so we go back with an obligation? 

Well that makes absolutely no sense. 

I can't see this happening. The positive here is that we made an offer to loan the player with no option, which shows that this was only ever going to be a stop gap.

I can only see us going back with an offer of loan with option to buy (whilst covering the full wages), surely we wouldn't add an obligation in the deal - that is something we never do.

If it does come to light that we get him with an obligation then we need our heads testing. I bet the guy from Southampton is watching us this season wishing he'd not taken the job!

The article actually says:

According to our information, the Italian club politely refused the offer of the Foxes who planned to return in the next few hours with a second offer this time probably with an obligatory purchase option.

Not what's required at all to me, never posted incredible numbers even when at Sassuolo, turns 26 this year so very little idea of a sell on value, can't see him displacing Barnes on the left, doesn't play on the right, and Lookman's took his place at Atalanta, a player we didn't choose to make permanent. Am I missing something with him? 

• Like 1

“But I really can’t lose sleep and pine for my fast right winger. Because if I can’t get it, I have to make do the best I can. I’d love to be in that position where the team is adding because if I could add to this group, as it’s growing and developing, then it’d be really, really exciting. If I can’t, I’m still excited to work with what I have.”

What was this bullshit, **** YOU BR