Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ricey

Jeremie Boga

24 minutes ago, TaggertvsWise said:

Happy he has turned us down. We don’t want people who don’t want to be here 

i don’t think it’s that he didn’t want to be here, but he obviously didn’t back himself to earn a permanent deal. 

he’s probably looked at under and lookman and questioned if we actually had an intention to keep him or just use him as a squad player 🤷‍♂️

Doesn't say much for our current appeal if it's true does it ?

Jeremie Boga turns down Leicester City to stay in Serie A

Leicester, at one point, appeared to be closing in on former Chelsea youngster Jeremie Boga. But just as a deal appeared to be progressing, the Ivory Coast international got cold feet; backing out of negotiations almost literally at the eleventh hour, via Football Italia.

Why is anyone’s guess? Maybe he tuned into Leicester’s latest underwhelming Premier League performance and decided he’d be better off staying put. The Foxes are now bottom of the table, and pressure is rising fast on Brendan Rodgers

On 02/09/2022 at 14:35, itude said:

Doesn't say much for our current appeal if it's true does it ?

Jeremie Boga turns down Leicester City to stay in Serie A

Leicester, at one point, appeared to be closing in on former Chelsea youngster Jeremie Boga. But just as a deal appeared to be progressing, the Ivory Coast international got cold feet; backing out of negotiations almost literally at the eleventh hour, via Football Italia.

Why is anyone’s guess? Maybe he tuned into Leicester’s latest underwhelming Premier League performance and decided he’d be better off staying put. The Foxes are now bottom of the table, and pressure is rising fast on Brendan Rodgers

...I would suspect that when he heard that he was to be the understudy to Barnes, and for the game time, he would be deployed as an RW, in a post that he rarely plays, he just did not want to be here!!!

53 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I would suspect that when he heard that he was to be the understudy to Barnes, and for the game time, he would be deployed as an RW, in a post that he rarely plays, he just did not want to be here!!!

You’d have xptd us to do our homework with the agent to make sure the player was truly committed to the move ??

3 hours ago, lcfc_forever said:

Can’t argue with that

...I suppose looking at it from the outside it does not appear encouraging as to come into a team seemingly on the slide!!!

If he had delved deep enough, he would have seen the quality that exists within this squad of players and would have noted that there is one thing that is holding us back.

Coming in as an LW and fighting Barnes for the role is a big ask, as there will not be too many opportunities to play the role and he would have had to take up the RW in order to get decent game time, and that is not his stronger role.

Derby had Malcolm Ebiowei go to Crystal Palace on a free, he is 19 today, what a miss, as he played just up the road from us.

• 1 month later...

With all the commotion about this guy, I can’t help but think … maybe we got greedy. 

This guy could genuinely have made a huge difference to us. We are so scarce of creative options and someone like Boga coming on compared to Perez would be a huge improvement. 

I miss Lookman so damn much! 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

With all the commotion about this guy, I can’t help but think … maybe we got greedy. 

This guy could genuinely have made a huge difference to us. We are so scarce of creative options and someone like Boga coming on compared to Perez would be a huge improvement. 

I miss Lookman so damn much! 

Aye, another player that's not good enough taking a salary from us, that's just what this season needed to tip it in the right direction

• 5 weeks later...