Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc043

19 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Concerning that interview with Enzo where he recounted meeting Top in his apartment and Top told him he wanted the team to play in a certain way.

Your only concern with the club in a financial pickle and needless relegation is to get immediate promotion, not wanting a certain style of play.

A pragmatic manager works with the squad left over from relegation and moulds it into a working unit, with 2 or 3 additions.

Enzo also said that no one ever said the target was promotion 

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, StanSP said:

Yeah I'm fearful for the next few years too. Shame as we have some money in the bank but just can't use it. And the bad mismanagement of the club at various levels will haunt us for a while. 

So how can there be a comparison? 

Statement he released at the end of last season doesn’t point to someone that’s going to make calm rational decisions under pressure 

• Like 1

Longer he stays the worse it's gonna get, eventually I fear a lot of the fanbase will turn on him and he'll still be running the club, refusing to sell etc. I really hope I'm wrong but I think we're only headed one way, even if we get promoted this season.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

Wonder if that was because the club guessed at the horrors to come?

8 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

This is what scares me. He hasn’t shown a lot of maturity throughout his time here. 

Sven and the debacle - led by Top.

Interviews post title win - virtually calling Vards an alcoholic and how HE turned his career around (not the extra training, management etc)

Hogging the title for the lap around the pitch. 
Interviews of HIS decision making.

End of season statement - which was probably the biggest indicator of what we are dealing with. 

We are in dangerous waters with someone with little IQ that could drop us like a stone. I’m very scared where he will leave us. 

When his father was here to indulge him so much but also keep him in check all was fine. I just wonder how he's doing with the rest of his father's legacy for the family? 

10 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

This is what scares me. He hasn’t shown a lot of maturity throughout his time here. 

Interviews post title win - virtually calling Vards an alcoholic and how HE turned his career around (not the extra training, management etc)

End of season statement - which was probably the biggest indicator of what we are dealing with. 

We are in dangerous waters with someone with little IQ that could drop us like a stone. I’m very scared where he will leave us. 

Complained about getting stick on instagram didn't he as well. Thin skinned.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Good post. 

On 29/03/2024 at 14:14, Leicester_Loyal said:

When are we going to have some serious protests against the dreadful ownership of this club?

Well after it's too late. We are paralysed as a club and the only fix is he sells.

• Sad 1

38 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

None of it makes any sense, we're in the red financially but we're ok to stay down here for a number of years? Weird.

We already know they don’t communicate with each other in the club 

5 hours ago, Pliskin said:

We wouldn’t be in this situation I don’t think. Top should have sold up after the tragic loss of his father. It’s clear he’s incapable of carrying on by himself, the danger is he will destroy the legacy he and his father built, a vision that’s become a living nightmare. 

Agree - if he'd done it some point last season I'd have said fair enough, you had a go and you've held your hands up. But I don't think this is the attitude. There is zero self-critique at this club. Literally none and that is ultimately what's going to run us into the ground.

14 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Agree - if he'd done it some point last season I'd have said fair enough, you had a go and you've held your hands up. But I don't think this is the attitude. There is zero self-critique at this club. Literally none and that is ultimately what's going to run us into the ground.

I remember, back in the post pl champion season when Claudio was ploughing a furrow of failure, Susan Whelan was ckear that the club would act to avoid relegation.  And they did. 

I am sure they have self critique now... but I fear they dint know what to do... just like watching them wait for Rodgers to turn it round. 

Edited by foxinsocks

2 hours ago, Tuna said:

Concerning that interview with Enzo where he recounted meeting Top in his apartment and Top told him he wanted the team to play in a certain way.

Your only concern with the club in a financial pickle and needless relegation is to get immediate promotion, not wanting a certain style of play.

A pragmatic manager works with the squad left over from relegation and moulds it into a working unit, with 2 or 3 additions.

I call horseshit on this from Enzo TBH.

Sounds like a manager doubling down on his style of play when the team is collapsing and the fans are getting on his back.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Sounds like a manager doubling down on his style of play when the team is collapsing and the fans are getting on his back.

As i've said many times, I think there is a very valid case to suggest instruction from whomever within the club this is the way they want to play and this is the direction of travel the club is going in, unfortunately. 

Puel, Rodgers, Enzo.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Said interview was published on 15th Feb, when we were 14 points clear of third after winning four on the spin and just before the home loss to Boro - so not really. Besides, it's either the case that Top wants the team to play possession football or he keeps accidentally/unwittingly appointing managers who do, a possibility which I suppose we can't totally discount given how clueless him and the rest of the gang are.

1 minute ago, Matt said:

As i've said many times, I think there is a very valid case for instruction from whomever within the club this is the way they want to play and this is the direction of travel the club is going in.

Puel, Rodgers, Enzo.

Yes, now you list them out, it does feel like they are opting for an on trend approach, distancing themselves from a more pragmatic style.

Reminds me of Black Adder Goes Forth, or, in reality, the actual tactics of the British army in WW1. Form up, walk forward slowly, anyone who doesn’t comply gets shot - everyone else gets shot anyway. Rinse and repeat. Luckily the only thing truly dying now is our hope. 

2 hours ago, Nolucklcfc said:

I wonder what he thought the objective was then?

How bizarre. There must be over half of the Championship that should be aiming for promotion via automatic or play off's. For some it's more of a tall order admittedly but you have to aim for it. 

Admittedly, at the start of the season, due to the aftermath of relegation, the sale of some of our players, the purchase or loan of others that need to bed in let alone the learning of a new system under a new manager, if by Christmas we'd have been in the top 6, I personally would have seen that as a decent start. However, with the stature of the club and the squad made available to Maresca, surely promotion would have to have been the ultimate target, what else could it be? Common sense!

6 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Surreal, if he said that..

Bit like a pilot saying that Michael O' Leary at Ryanair doesn't expect him to land the plane safely. Fair enough. But the passengers do!

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

I wonder what he thought the objective was then?

How bizarre. There must be over half of the Championship that should be aiming for promotion via automatic or play off's. For some it's more of a tall order admittedly but you have to aim for it. 

Admittedly, at the start of the season, due to the aftermath of relegation, the sale of some of our players, the purchase or loan of others that need to bed in let alone the learning of a new system under a new manager, if by Christmas we'd have been in the top 6, I personally would have seen that as a decent start. However, with the stature of the club and the squad made available to Maresca, surely promotion would have to have been the ultimate target, what else could it be? Common sense!

Maybe it was so obvious they didn’t think it needed to be said, more great communication 

• Like 1