Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc043

3 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

This is what scares me. He hasn’t shown a lot of maturity throughout his time here. 

Sven and the debacle - led by Top.

Interviews post title win - virtually calling Vards an alcoholic and how HE turned his career around (not the extra training, management etc)

Hogging the title for the lap around the pitch. 
Interviews of HIS decision making.

End of season statement - which was probably the biggest indicator of what we are dealing with. 

We are in dangerous waters with someone with little IQ that could drop us like a stone. I’m very scared where he will leave us. 

I must have missed this! Have you got the link to this?! 

They are getting away with it a bit because the accounts haven't been released and they are going on the attack. Will be interesting to hear what the reasoning is if they are as bad as predicted and we'd supposedly made conscious efforts to comply 20 months ago and were keen on taking action against Everton.

2 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I’ve never heard that before, weirdly. 😅

So apparently Vardy had what sounds like a pretty serious issue with alcohol…one little chat with Top and all was well.

What a guy!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Yeah that's weird lol lol

Quite self-centred. Love the last line as well 'Leicester have been approached for comment'. As if lol

I'm pretty sure it was a conversation with Pearson anyway that Vardy had, as well as his own hard work and effort in realising what he needed to do in the summer break. 

Willing to bet that conversation with Top never went like that. 

• Like 1

You’ve only got to look at the statistics to see how many 2nd generation inherited businesses survive. 

The reality is that most families suffer from conflict and lack of drive to pick up from where the founders were. 

Unfortunately Leicester City didn’t just change the night Vichai passed away, King Power as the world knew it did too. Who knows how we’d have navigated the pandemic with him at the helm.

KP have lost a lot of money and we aren’t a major concern in the grand scheme of the King Power group. It would be best if they moved on and left us to lick our wounds and sort us out under new ownership. 

Most of us save up and buy our kids a PlayStation or the like. Vichai bought Top Leicester City, it’s all good when things are working and you can pick up the phone to your dad when things go wrong and he gives you a friendly bit of advice or takes over for you!

Fast forward 15 years and it’s starting to fail and you have got bored of it all because let’s face it you have always loved Polo, horse racing and are really part of the ‘Jonny posh Twat’ community from Kensington you want to ignore it and hope it all just goes away by or just sack it off!

i feel that Tops silence over the last few years  shows that he is bored of it and us as a club as well. Who can blame him, he is a billionaire and from a  Footballing perspective he has won it all in his eyes.  We as a club are not as important to him as we think or hope we are. Look how he celebrated  his Polo triumph last year when we were getting relegated.

I feel that we are now just part of the legalised convenient Billionaires Money Laundering gateway swirling around London.

Where is the Top who apparently fell in love with the club following our 1997 league cup win?

On 29/03/2024 at 14:27, Leicester_Loyal said:

Last time there was decent protests in the ground, 90% of the crowd were kicking off at those doing so, blue on blue.

Wasnt allowed to protest against Rodgers (but Smith was fair game) and Top will likely also be protected, I wonder how much fans were patting him on the back in that Chelsea away game.

10 hours ago, Lad1966 said:

It’s more the people advising him that should be sacked. We have to remember that when Top father was with us, he was in sole charge. He had the sole power on decision making. This is clearly not the case now. Top become more reliant on the likes of Rukdin and Whelan. That’s where the changes need to happen and start rebuilding the club with clear strategy to firstly get us out of this mess and a plan to get us moving forward again, both on and of the pitch

You dont have to do what your advisors say, they there to advise not run the club, and does he have different advisors to Vichai had? Does he have any at all? Who are they?

9 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Of course he's in sole charge. It's in his gift to do what he likes, but he's repeatedly chosen to take no action when it's obviously been required.

It's all well and good saying the layer of management below needs wholesale change - that's true - but ultimately everyone at the club reports to him. People need to stop making excuses for him. He runs the show, and if he's not capable of that then he should turn the club over to someone who is.

For some reason people seem to think club owners dont do anything, and are just a face of the club, when history has shown at many clubs this isnt the case, so bizarre.

Are people also saying he has no responsibility for the FA cup win (to be consistent) they keep thanking him for?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

I must have missed this! Have you got the link to this?! 

I dont for that interview, but I do remember on east midlands news, whenever Top was interviewed in the Sven season it felt like we had an 8 year old running things.

Edited by Chrysalis

14 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

For some reason people seem to think club owners dont do anything, and are just a face of the club, when history has shown at many clubs this isnt the case, so bizarre.

Are people also saying he has no responsibility for the FA cup win (to be consistent) they keep thanking him for?

Think it’s a coping mechanism 

People can’t get their heads round the fact they can make mistakes after what we’ve achieved 

13 hours ago, StanSP said:

I'm pretty sure it was a conversation with Pearson anyway that Vardy had

Wasn't it Pearson who was on the whisky in the changing room on match days?? Pretty sure he was half cut for the ostrich interview. 

16 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

IMG_2852.jpeg

Who should I believe? The facts, that we have overspent by a large amount and find ourselves in trouble with both leagues, or a guy who continues to employ failing leadership, within a club that is failing by any measure, year on year. I don't believe him nor do I trust him. Could be unfair but I only have to look at what I see, he club aren't transparent enough for me to make any other conclusion.

Being financially secure is one thing , being financially savvy is another. It’s how the place is being run , not necessarily knowing they, King Power,  have the money which they clearly have.

Edited by whetstonefox
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, whetstonefox said:

Being financially secure is one thing , being financially savvy is another. It’s how the place is being run , not necessarily knowing they, King Power,  have the money which they clearly have.

Well said. 

26 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

IMG_2852.jpeg

24 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

I'm not sure I believe the first part, if I'm honest 

Just a standard statement isn't it. 

I reckon we do have a lot of money but just can't spend it. 

It doesn't say any different to any other statement they may have 'written' for the programme at any other point in the past without any financial punishment hanging over us. 

• Like 2