Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc043

5 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Imagine what his Father would've done/said in this situation..

We wouldn’t be in this situation I don’t think. Top should have sold up after the tragic loss of his father. It’s clear he’s incapable of carrying on by himself, the danger is he will destroy the legacy he and his father built, a vision that’s become a living nightmare. 

Edited by Pliskin

On 10/03/2024 at 08:54, Happy Fox said:

I imagine Top is considering selling the club that was the rumour last season, as soon as our premier league status is confirmed wouldn’t be surprised if the club is announced for sale.

Surely it doesn't add massive value going back to the PL, different where we were before 9 years established, from a buyers point of you, like the current owners did you'd buy in the championship to get a better deal. Newly promoted clubs aren't a sure thing to stay there.

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

We wouldn’t be in this situation I don’t think. Top should have sold up after the tragic loss of his father. It’s clear he’s incapable of carrying on by himself, the danger is he will destroy the legacy he and his father built, a vision that’s become a living nightmare. 

Two top 5 finishes and a FA cup win have surely shown something, that was the time to sell 2021 not 2019, he could of left having proved nearly 2 years of his own regime.

I kinda feel sorry for him. He lost his dad and was thrust into a role that he had no experience in and everyone just thought he’d do the same as his dad. People forget externally that it was Vichai that made us achieve what we did, not top. So then, he needs help but is completely let down by an incompetent football director who he can’t seem to see is incompetent. But that  reason alone, after all the failings is why we need new ownership from top to bottom. There’s been too many mistakes, you don’t drop as far as we have by chance. A compete reset of the club is needed, one that engages with fans and doesn’t have shit people running the club (not all are shit but a lot are). But it won’t happen, king power will never leave. 

• Like 1

It’s more the people advising him that should be sacked. We have to remember that when Top father was with us, he was in sole charge. He had the sole power on decision making. This is clearly not the case now. Top become more reliant on the likes of Rukdin and Whelan. That’s where the changes need to happen and start rebuilding the club with clear strategy to firstly get us out of this mess and a plan to get us moving forward again, both on and of the pitch

On 29/03/2024 at 14:29, Mickyblueeyes said:

This **** has Chansiri vibes which is my biggest concern. He believes he is a master. See every interview he’s done it’s about how great he is. He has an unwarranted ego. If we were to challenge him, he’ll start making it very difficult for the club and us.

That's quite a stretch. I'm no fan of Top at the moment but Chansiri is on a different level. 

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

That's quite a stretch. I'm no fan of Top at the moment but Chansiri is on a different level. 

We’ve not seen how he’ll react in a situation like this one before though

2 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

I kinda feel sorry for him. He lost his dad and was thrust into a role that he had no experience in and everyone just thought he’d do the same as his dad. People forget externally that it was Vichai that made us achieve what we did, not top. So then, he needs help but is completely let down by an incompetent football director who he can’t seem to see is incompetent. But that  reason alone, after all the failings is why we need new ownership from top to bottom. There’s been too many mistakes, you don’t drop as far as we have by chance. A compete reset of the club is needed, one that engages with fans and doesn’t have shit people running the club (not all are shit but a lot are). But it won’t happen, king power will never leave. 

Not to mention on the business side their duty free had to go through a global pandemic where there was no travel. He's had to contend with things which Vichai didn't.

I think the mistake here is to not have good football people in places to ensure good running of the club. He doesn't need to be all over the details of LCFC goings on if there are good people in place to do that. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

I probably should’ve stressed that it’s the ego (albeit unwarranted) that worries me. The end of season statement was not a normal statement after a disaster like that. IF there is a majority turn in the messiah that is Top, could we get an egotistical response. 

Im genuinely scared for the club - I understand that is purely subjective but it’s there.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

Not to mention on the business side their duty free had to go through a global pandemic where there was no travel. He's had to contend with things which Vichai didn't.

I think the mistake here is to not have good football people in places to ensure good running of the club. He doesn't need to be all over the details of LCFC goings on if there are good people in place to do that. 

Exactly, but he’s got Susan and John who dislike each other and the latter should never ever Be in a director of football role. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I probably should’ve stressed that it’s the ego (albeit unwarranted) that worries me. The end of season statement was not a normal statement after a disaster like that. IF there is a majority turn in the messiah that is Top, could we get an egotistical response. 

Im genuinely scared for the club - I understand that is purely subjective but it’s there.  

Yeah I'm fearful for the next few years too. Shame as we have some money in the bank but just can't use it. And the bad mismanagement of the club at various levels will haunt us for a while. 

21 minutes ago, MattFox said:

We’ve not seen how he’ll react in a situation like this one before though

So how can there be a comparison? 

2 hours ago, Pliskin said:

I agree which is why I've said many times on here the accident was the worst possible thing that could have happened to us.

That's were the similarities end  between Top and his Dad. Vichai could make any decision he liked, Top can't, He's only a member of the Board with responsibility for the Club.

He could be sacked or moved sideways by the Board if they feel he's not doing a good enough job.

The other fear I have is that they could lose interest and say we don't need all the hassle for something that's only costing us money.

Though I don't see that happening until the loans are paid off. Though as we know anything is possible in Football.

Guest leatherhead32

winning the cup under top with br makes me feel fickle to av a go at em its still fresh in mind celebrating at wembley with 6000 others and so happy to complete the set an honour to be there etc  but i get why fans do feel this way , since lockdown ended and weve gone back ive felt the people behind the scenes at club are wankz and top must employ em so maybe he's not vetting em . i've heard stories that they want to stop ticket sharing with proof of who we are etc away and home , under a certain age cant go on own too ?? ffs id av missed seeing frankie wotho weller and the great alan woollett ;) if they did that in 70s and lets be right some parents are embarrassing or just plain james blunts. grow up city. 

Guest leatherhead32
3 hours ago, Lad1966 said:

It’s more the people advising him that should be sacked. We have to remember that when Top father was with us, he was in sole charge. He had the sole power on decision making. This is clearly not the case now. Top become more reliant on the likes of Rukdin and Whelan. That’s where the changes need to happen and start rebuilding the club with clear strategy to firstly get us out of this mess and a plan to get us moving forward again, both on and of the pitch

well said , bang on

2 hours ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Make no mistake if the size of the losses are anywhere in the region, that @GingerrrFox intimates, and I have absolutely no reason to doubt the validity of what is being said, that is financial mismanagement of a magnitude that could take this club to a level that doesn’t bear thinking about. 

The owners over he last 10 or so years have delivered arguably our finest days, and quite rightly they received great acclaim, it really was a footballing fairytale, however last 2/3 seasons the cracks appeared and rather than proactively manage these situations, Top and his team of trusted advisors have sat back and allowed the club to implode both on and off the pitch to a level that could lead to a generation of mediocrity and struggle. 

Now I am not wanting to sound entitled, where we sit now is more akin to our natural habitat but the manner of our plummet from what should have been the foundation and opportunity to build sustained success and being a sustainable established premier league team to a team on the verge of financial meltdown and the impact this will have to put on field ambitions and ability to compete even at 2nd tier level is truly Unbelieveable

i really cannot see how Top, Whelan, Rudkin and co can survive and continue as the leaders of our club, either the family have to sell and we start again or Top has to be ruthless and bring in established football experienced operators who can take the embers of what is left and rebuild us both on and off the pitch.

What a sad and sorry state we find ourselves in. . 

Personally I have mixed feelings in that without KP we would not have experienced anything close to the last 10 years and whilst there has clearly been poor decision making we have tried the impossible to break into the Top 6 - we did it briefly on a level no one will ever achieve again. 

The owner probably faces some very difficult decisions in the coming months and having the where with all to make some of those decisions will be challenging for anyone let alone someone who has loyalty as part of his upbringing and culture whilst memories of his father will also make that difficult.

Whatever I still believe that KP deserve our backing and I for one like you find it very sad !

• Like 1