Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc043

21 hours ago, Jobyfox said:

I rarely comment on threads about Top, Rudkin etc. as I don't know the inner workings of the club. It's easy, for example, to throw Rudkin's name around without really knowing what the situation is or what constraints he's working within. I will, however, just look at the facts as they're known.

When Vichai and family took over we saw quick, decisive, decision making especially where managers were concerned. I was personally often ready to give managers much longer before they were, sometimes quite ruthlessly, dismissed. Compare that to Rodgers who was left to preside over things when it was obvious that the team were in a terminal decline and not playing for the manager. We waited for the inevitable sacking, which came too late to save us. That could be because Top is more pragmatic, but it's just a stark contrast to how things used to happen before Vichai's untimely passing. 

The second piece of evidence is the poor recruitment, the inflated salaries and the failure to get transfer fees for players. I've never seen so many players running their contracts down and leaving for nothing. I understand the FFP situation, but it's still frustrating to see so many players still on the pitch who aren't invested in the future direction of the club. This isn't to criticise those club legends who don't owe us anything, but I'm thinking more of the likes of Tielemans, Praet, Evans, Perez and Iheanacho who were, or are, playing without jeopardy and no apparent commitment to the cause. 

We've just come out of an unprecedented era of success under the current ownership. They've been rightly lauded for their contribution and we all know we couldn't have achieved what we have without them.  Everyone in business knows, however, that you can never stand still. You must always be looking at ways to innovate and evolve. Just as the ownership and hierarchy within the club have been praised for their achievements surely we should analyse things when they go wrong?

Given the nature of the decline it seems surprising that only the coaching staff have taken the fall. Just as we got things so right previously we have to question whether the current structure is the right one to take us forward. I'm quite surprised that a review of last season hasn't resulted in any structural change and the likes of Whelan, Rudkin and co. have all just stayed in role. My worry is this stems from Top either: not being empowered; or from the indecisiveness described above. We're currently top of the league and an immediate return to the Premier League remains a strong possibility, but not much has changed off the pitch and only time will tell whether those decisions are the right ones for the club

The thing is, the review of last season was presided over by those that were a big part of why it all went tits up.

They clearly were never going to take  responsobility their own short comings, so it was a pointless review.

Someone said earlier VIchai was ruthless, that's how he got to where he did, and made the difficult decisions when he felt they were needed.

I'm not sure Top has the same ruthlessness, to make those difficult decisions. 

Either that, or he has lost his desire to take a firm hand within the club, and is happy to just delegate responsibility to people who are clearly now failing in their job.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

The change of old money already spent to equity doesnt mean anything in relation to ambition.

Did I mention that in my post? 

The reason we are in trouble with FFP is we over spent on wages and transfer, breaking in the big 6 and trying to stay there.

4 hours ago, pkonline said:

A few seem to be rather ignorant of the fact that from day one Top had a major role in the club - it wasn't all his father. 

The first year was a complete shambles until Pearson and Walsh came back

We racked up stupid levels of debt 2010/2011

• Like 1

On 03/02/2024 at 14:20, westernpark said:

A few seem to be ignorant that King Power’s success with this football club was built by Nigel Pearson and his support staff. 
It’s all a very interesting debate, bordering on the lines of academic historiography.

Success at a football club, like most organisations, is rarely down to just one individual - it's often when all the pieces fall in place and work together. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, pkonline said:

Success at a football club, like most organisations, is rarely down to just one individual - it's often when all the pieces fall in place and work together. 

Yeah absolutely. I'm the biggest NP fan but it would be foolish to say he built it all by himself. The vision and ambition from Vichai and the brilliance of Nige and his staff were just the perfect blend

On 03/02/2024 at 09:06, ithuriel said:

Top is not a saint, just a person but we have been spoiled, I remember the days when we had little money, just relying on good managers here and there who were on their way up before departing, often replaced by mediocrity which was all we could afford and we would yo yo between the top two divisions sometimes flirting with a drop into the third.

Eventually our luck ran out, we went bust, was saved by ex players and others putting their hands into their pockets but we were in rapid decline and dropped for the first time, hopefully the last, into the third tier for one season.

Pearson arrived and took us back up but we were still paupers,  renting a stadium that was in need of repair and with Mandaric trying to turn us into a saleable asset.

Then we got very, very lucky.

Looking at so many other teams that were utterly destroyed by their owners like Bolton, should give everyone food for thought.

I never want to have that feeling of when we went bust and talk of winding the club up back again, that really was a reality back then for those not around so even though there are those that hate the saying, be careful what you wish for, you may not like what you get.

We have had 2 times in history where we he had the opportunity to break into a new level.

Once in the early 2000s, we actually spent a lot of money for that period. Largely wasted by Peter Taylor who was out of his depth.

The second was under Rodgers basically bottling the Champions League spots twice, which was an early sign of a poor mentality. We paid average players top 6 wages.

The ownership we have is a lot better than some clubs, they aren't perfect but there are many awful owners who use football clubs for debt loading. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

This thread needs a seriously big BUMP mods

the club is in difficulties , and it’s more than just results 

we need to seriously try and understand if TOP is capable of running a  football Club  !!! 

I have serious doubts 

we are in trouble financially and right now there is no good news coming our way 

Top seems to be sinking us 

11 hours ago, LinekersLugs said:

This thread needs a seriously big BUMP mods

the club is in difficulties , and it’s more than just results 

we need to seriously try and understand if TOP is capable of running a  football Club  !!! 

I have serious doubts 

we are in trouble financially and right now there is no good news coming our way 

Top seems to be sinking us 

I imagine Top is considering selling the club that was the rumour last season, as soon as our premier league status is confirmed wouldn’t be surprised if the club is announced for sale.

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

When are we going to have some serious protests against the dreadful ownership of this club?

It’s OK, everyone who mocked me for boycotting the club are going to save it with a vigourous open letter campaign or something. 

Just now, Daggers said:

It’s OK, everyone who mocked me for boycotting the club are going to save it with a vigourous open letter campaign or something. 

****ers like you just love it when you can say "Told you so" don't you?!

*Sarcasm*

• Haha 1

This **** has Chansiri vibes which is my biggest concern. He believes he is a master. See every interview he’s done it’s about how great he is. He has an unwarranted ego. If we were to challenge him, he’ll start making it very difficult for the club and us.