Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Ayoze Perez

11 hours ago, lcfc81 said:

perez was always in the team when we were top 4 contenders and not when we started to drop. I think he is a more influential player than some give him credit for imo. 

Just because he was in the team doesn't mean he contributed much, he was an extremely weak link and certainly wasn't influential until he was invariably taken off and replaced by someone better. In fairness to him, he was a trier and for the most part stuck out on the right inappropriately by Rodgers. 

11 hours ago, lcfc81 said:

perez was always in the team when we were top 4 contenders and not when we started to drop. I think he is a more influential player than some give him credit for imo. 

He wasn't 1st choice for chunks of 2020/21. Rodgers had already dropped him completely from a matchday squad and publicly said he needed to fix up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

Just because he was in the team doesn't mean he contributed much, he was an extremely weak link and certainly wasn't influential until he was invariably taken off and replaced by someone better. In fairness to him, he was a trier and for the most part stuck out on the right inappropriately by Rodgers. 

Sum of the parts can be worth more the the individual parts.

Also felt he had a good understanding with Ricardo, and they worked well together.

• Like 2

On 02/01/2023 at 20:42, Ric Flair said:

Hahahahaa Roma supposedly want him, imagine Mourinho's face when he's blazed yet another gilt edged chance over the bar 😂😂

It's not even funny anymore, astonishing misses tonight.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

T

4 minutes ago, Bezzanator89 said:

That open goal miss from 4 yards, after excellent work from Tielemans, was absolutely abysmal. Looks barely worth a tenth of what we naïvely overpaid for him. Time to move him on, a couple of seasons late. 

Awful, why did he lash at it? Just needed a decent touch. 

2 minutes ago, Thebluefox85 said:

The Tenerife messi needs to do even if we ha e to pay someone to take him he’s absolutely garbage 

I don’t think he was terrible yesterday compared to someone like barnes , should’ve scored tho

13 minutes ago, lcfcjosh said:

I don’t think he was terrible yesterday compared to someone like barnes , should’ve scored tho

Can’t judge him on one okish performance in the time he’s been here he hasnt been good enough and certainly not the player we thought we was getting when we signed him he isn’t good enough 

3 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Thought he was comfortably our best player last night and that tells it's own story.

On par with Tilly, both behind Albrighton. There’s a player in there, I just don’t think we will see it under this management. There’s too many players being shoehorned into a slow ponderous-possession based style that is counterproductive. Perez like others has looked best when playing with intensity and touches need to be limited to maintain speed of attack.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

On par with Tilly, both behind Albrighton. There’s a player in there, I just don’t think we will see it under this management. There’s too many players being shoehorned into a slow ponderous-possession based style that is counterproductive. Perez like others has looked best when playing with intensity and touches need to be limited to maintain speed of attack.

Albrighton?!?!?!?

4 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Albrighton?!?!?!?

Everything positive came from him on the ball especially in the first half, some of the passes he played to put Tielemans in space and get us on the front foot have been missing from this team since Maddison has been out. His delivery into the box is second to none in this team, albeit not that hard. For me he was our MOTM for what he brought in a bit of intent and directness and enabled those around him to get in dangerous positions and create chances.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

Everything positive came from him on the ball especially in the first half, some of the passes he played to put Tielemans in space and get us on the front foot have been missing from this team since Maddison has been out. His delivery into the box is second to none in this team, albeit not that hard. For me he was our MOTM for what he brought in a bit of intent and directness and enabled those around him to get in dangerous positions and create chances.

Agreed, certainly in the 1st half. 2nd half we opted not to go down the right hand side much and then even worse he changed to a back 3 when Fulham had no regard for attacking, which stunted our fluidity going forward. Albrighton was then just peppering in crosses from deep which were food and drink for Fulham. 

2 hours ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

Agree with that Smiv. For me, Albrighton was overall MotM, making such a difference when he came on. Tielemans was great in the second half, but a bit anonymous in the first. And Perez COULD have been the main guy, if not for that 'open goal' miss and generally being crap anywhere near the opposition box, he was (amazingly?!) pretty dominant in the middle third, with his control, awareness and passing. There IS a decent CENTRAL MIDFIELDER there, but we will never see it.

On 03/01/2023 at 09:33, JimJams said:

Perez worked well with Perriera. Got the most out of him. Not really had any other pairing work with him as well though.

.. he gave Pereira a lot of work  to do with having to run off Perez laying the ball off,  and not taking on any responsibility himself!!!

Watching him play last night, was like a academy player making his debut. Lightweight,  some nice touches but you would not back him in a tackle or expect him to have much composure in front of goal.

Missed 2 really good opportunities last night and I  have no faith that he has the mentality to impose his experience on a game.

Vardy looked a lot sharper last night, just not getting the support that he needs when pressing. 

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.