Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Ayoze Perez

4 hours ago, JimJams said:

He didn't HAVE to run off of Perez, that's the gameplan. Overlapping fullbacks. You can't put the workload as though it's his fault because that's what they're instructed to do.

.. there were times when Ricardo was gassed, he had done a lung busting run forward and chased back to support the defence!!!

There were occasions where it was not the right decision to lay the ball off to Ricardo, he could have held it up and release the ball to his right where there was also support, but he didn't have it in him to read the situation. It was easier for him to lay it off, take no responsibility, and the willingness of Ricardo to get forward made it work.

Perez can do a job as a CAM but he never gets a look in. He did against Fulham because of injuries and guess what, his best performance in an age for us. BR has absurdly hardly used Perez in his best position until it was absolutely forced upon him. I can see Perez continuing these performances just as his contract is coming to an end.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

Can’t really say it’s a surprise. I don’t think many players that are expiring in the summer want to renew. That is quite an issue. 

I think it's a good think. We need a clear out. 

6 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Releasing him when we have no other playmakers with maddison injured. Nice. Let him go in the summer but in the meantime play him in the no.10 role.

Rodgers knows what he's doing, he can release him and then further complain about lack of funds whilst not acknowledging that he was the one to waste 30m on him and get nothing out of him and then allowing him to leave on a free, like so many others in the squad,

honestly who would want to extend their contract with us that we actually wanted to keep now? is there anyone other than Maddison( who we have no chance of keeping) that we actually want to keep? 

• Like 1

Is it a gamble when we know well enough what he is, and isn't, capable of? 

He's a very talented player with the ball, and can work hard off it. He's more naturally a 10 then a wide player (where we've tended to use him, so arguably we don't often see what he can do) BUT, for me, he's too slow on the ball, takes one too many touches and tends to over complicate things. I think we can objectively measure these things against any other options we might have. I'm just saying Perez leaving now for a few quid can be weighed up and considered, it's not the end of the world. 

Tbh, as a player, I really like him. He's talented, has a footballing brain and an eye for the options. If only he could do all that with just a little more speed. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, UHDrive said:

Releasing him when we have no other playmakers with maddison injured. Nice. Let him go in the summer but in the meantime play him in the no.10 role.

He’s not a playmaker 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kinowe Soorie said:

Good riddance. Massive, massive waste of money. I can’t believe the owners aren’t asking questions, about the wastefulness reign of Rodgers.

Dirt.

But.... but.... NET SPEND!!!!