Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Ayoze Perez

5 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Would be very leicester to let perez, praet and vester leave and sign absolutely nobody and leave is in a shit state for the rest of the season. Or maybe sign another keeper for good measure! 

We're in a shit state with them or without them. Only Praet has shown value beyond a cameo here and there. 

Let them go now - it will help with squad morale and get money in. 

• Like 1

Cheerio, not really discernibly good at *anything*. Looked okay for a bit when all he had to do was stay in position while Ricardo single-handedly provided all our attacking threat in 19/20 but that aside the move has played out as expected.

Did win the ball back for the cup final goal mind so he's not been a complete waste of cash.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Cheerio, not really discernibly good at *anything*. Looked okay for a bit when all he had to do was stay in position while Ricardo single-handedly provided all our attacking threat in 19/20 but that aside the move has played out as expected.

Did win the ball back for the cup final goal mind so he's not been a complete waste of cash.

hattrick in the Southampton demolition, and a couple of good goals towards the end of last season, that's about it

Not been the best signing, hasn't been the worst. 

Just never really worked out for him and its a shame considering the transfer fee and wages spent. Ideally he'd have been moved on sooner but squad injuries didn't help. Then it's ironic that he's being let go immediately while our squad have plenty of injuries lol

Interesting that 2 out-of-favour players may move on to clubs that are better than us - Soyuncu possibily to Atletico, and this Perez move. 

15 minutes ago, StanSP said:

hasn't been the worst

I dunno. 

When you consider what we paid for him and when we bought him, I actually think pound for pound he's up there with Slimani and Akinbiye as one of the worst bits of transfer business of my lifetime.

Obviously I need to stress that I'm not implying he's one of our worst ever players, that's something quite different and I'm talking about things in relative terms. 

• Like 4

He has never been worth, what we paid for him, but he was playing a lot in our two seasons finishing 5th under Rodgers. He also played a huge part in the 0-9 and helped us winning the FA Cup final. Never really creative enough and missing quality far too often, but always thought he was really good in the press, when it actually worked (now we seem too easy to get around, when we try).

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, LestaLad said:

If he would've cost 10-15m he would’ve been classed as a decent signing. The problem is, costing 30m you’re always going to have that expectation of performing like a 30m player, which he quite clearly hasn’t done.

Not his fault how much we paid for him...

I agree, he isn't worth that, but again, not his fault - it was ours. 

Not a bad finisher when he doesn't have time to think... if he goes through one vs one though, you would bet on him missing. Not creative enough either, so really not sure why we ever bought him.

5 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

hattrick in the Southampton demolition, and a couple of good goals towards the end of last season, that's about it

That's like coming in at No3 in cricket at 350/1 and scoring a 250 ball century. 

Did he ever score a crucial goal, my memory of him was the hat-trick and missing the chance to snatch a point against Chelsea in the penultimate game of the season that would have probably got us Champions League. Missing the chance last week against Fulham as well.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Gerard said:

That's like coming in at No3 in cricket at 350/1 and scoring a 250 ball century. 

Did he ever score a crucial goal, my memory of him was the hat-trick and missing the chance to snatch a point against Chelsea in the penultimate game of the season that would have probably got us Champions League. Missing the chance last week against Fulham as well.

Remember just holding my head in my hands after that. We had no right to get anything from that game, we were awful and they were bang up for it after the cup final defeat. Iheanacho forced an error and we get one golden chance.

Genuinely Perez would have been near the bottom of the list of people I'd have wanted that chance to fall for. 

Also, I miss prime Ricardo.

Edited by LCCFox96
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

Worded as offered to them, as opposed to them interested in him 

My thought too. I'm afraid a typical example of some of the issues we have. How can he be at all motivated to want to play for us and put in any decent amount of effort.

If this is true of course. He 100% doesn't want to sign a new contract and the club are "offering" him around like a free item on the Facebook Marketplace.

21 hours ago, DoveValleyFox said:

Perez would have been lynched already if the FA Cup final goal had been ruled out for handball. As it was the goal stood and Perez will be remembered for that.

There's no chance it would have been ruled out because according to the rules it's not a handball. No room for interpretation.

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Happy Fox said:

Th4PGO4p_x96.jpg

Definite interest from Real Betis in Ayoze Perez. He is free in the summer so signing him now would mean a loan fee of some kind #lcfc

As much as I'd love this and to make some cash from a transfer fee, I'd rather keep him as he's the only play maker in the sqaud without maddison.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On the one hand we’re short out wide so no point in letting him go early.

On the other I suspect he’s hardly motivated to play for us so getting a nominal fee and saving his wages for 6 months makes sense. Might allow for another incoming too.

We need to sign a winger either way.

On 10/01/2023 at 09:32, taupe said:

lol I love that opinions can be so different.... I've no idea how it happens, given we're all watching the same player, but it does time and again. I'd really like to spend some time with other people's perceptions, just to see what they see. Purely out of interest. Clearly I'd need to be me at the same time though, otherwise I wouldn't see the difference, and I think being 2 people at the same time would be brain a exploding experience!

I'm not having a go at anyone btw, it's something that truly fascinates me.

Just because you're the second most creative player at the club doesn't mean you're not horrific.