Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Ayoze Perez

17 hours ago, majaco said:

He hasn't done enough for us with any consistency.  I would much rather we had Lookman in the squad than Perez.

The irony is that Lookman was also largely inconsistent and will get remembered for that goal against Liverpool. 

Perez whilst not ever hitting the heights of his Newcastle stint, has largely also been hit and miss. 

Neither are the right winger we need.  

• Like 1

People are missing its 4.5 million euros so it works out to be around 3.9 million pound which works out to be roughly 75k a week if the article is to be  believed . It’s not beyond the realms of plausible but still too much for how ineffective he’s been . Get him gone .. 

2 hours ago, baldeagle said:

People are missing its 4.5 million euros so it works out to be around 3.9 million pound which works out to be roughly 75k a week if the article is to be  believed . It’s not beyond the realms of plausible but still too much for how ineffective he’s been . Get him gone .. 

That's the thing it's extremely plausible and just shows why we are in the situation we are in with salaries. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, baldeagle said:

We could more then likely get two player from Europe for the same wages as we pay him.

• Like 2

On 23/10/2022 at 13:20, Sly said:

I think £30m is what Ashley stated. 

I’ve been informed it’s closer to £18m by various people. 

.... rumours of it being around that mark but add-ons brought it up to £30m, so either a flat £30m or a combination of achieved targets, the cost is still the same!!!

Fofana sale is said to be equal to the previous record, but so far all we have here is £70m, the add-ons are what will bump up the deal, it is what the final agreed payments are, not including salaries or bonuses.

• 1 month later...

Good goal (lovely control) last night but my own feeling is he over complicates things. Always looking for the clever, showcase ball.  'One touch too many' Perez. He had a chance to square for a tap-in (it was the obvious ball) but, no, he had to try something more complex. 

Talented player, I love what he can do sometimes, but it'll not concern me when he moves on. He just can't keep it simple.

• Like 4

On 25/10/2022 at 23:29, sacreblueits442 said:

.... rumours of it being around that mark but add-ons brought it up to £30m, so either a flat £30m or a combination of achieved targets, the cost is still the same!!!

Fofana sale is said to be equal to the previous record, but so far all we have here is £70m, the add-ons are what will bump up the deal, it is what the final agreed payments are, not including salaries or bonuses.

An extra 66% of the original fee in add-ons? Seems a bit unlikely.

21 minutes ago, frany104 said:

Not good enough. A squad player at best. What a waste of money he’s been. Need to sell him asap 

Not only did he score last night, if memory serves me correctly, he set up Barnes with an excellent turn and through ball in our last league game?

Also, I believe the fee we paid was £16m not £30m.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Jimmy Lad said:

Not only did he score last night, if memory serves me correctly, he set up Barnes with an excellent turn and through ball in our last league game?

Also, I believe the fee we paid was £16m not £30m.

It’s time to part ways, but the money we supposedly paid has clouded people’s view of his overall contribution in his time here, including the FA Cup win.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...not sure about those maths!!!

Fofana fee is supposedly equal to the Maguire fee, so about another 20% of the £70m, add ons such as appearances should cover it.

18m + 12m = 30m

12/18 = 0.66

My maths are sound and I’m working with your figures.

Edited by hackneyfox

1 hour ago, MPH said:

you must be forgetting how well  he played for Newcastle. Was a thorn in our side on several occasions.

To say Mk Dons is his level just makes you look silly, not him.

He played that well their fans were overjoyed to see him leave. They couldn’t believe what we had paid for him. Let’s see where he goes next. It won’t be a prem team for sure

• Like 1

1 minute ago, frany104 said:

He played that well their fans were overjoyed to see him leave. They couldn’t believe what we had paid for him. Let’s see where he goes next. It won’t be a prem team for sure

lol

thats because he wants to move back to Spain.

and just for the record, Newcastle fans didn’t want him to leave,  but they were led to believe they got a good fee for him.

• Like 3

On 23/10/2022 at 13:20, Sly said:

I think £30m is what Ashley stated. 

I’ve been informed it’s closer to £18m by various people. 

On 25/10/2022 at 23:29, sacreblueits442 said:

On 21/12/2022 at 09:49, hackneyfox said:

An extra 66% of the original fee in add-ons? Seems a bit unlikely.

17 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...not sure about those maths!!!

Fofana fee is supposedly equal to the Maguire fee, so about another 20% of the £70m, add ons such as appearances should cover it.

16 hours ago, hackneyfox said:

18m + 12m = 30m

12/18 = 0.66

14 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....we seem to be at cross purposes!!!

I am looking at the Fofana deal, not looking at the Perez argument. All the football platforms I have seen have reported £30m for Perez to come here.

I'm still saying that 18m plus add-ons don't make 30m for Perez. Surely nobody pays 66% in add-ons.

17 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

I'm still saying that 18m plus add-ons don't make 30m for Perez. Surely nobody pays 66% in add-ons.

16 hours ago, hackneyfox said:

18m + 12m = 30m

12/18 = 0.66

Not sure how you get 66% add on with an upfront fee of 18m, leaving 12m in add ons.

12m add ons is 40% of the total fee of 30m 

Edited by coolhandfox