Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Ayoze Perez

13 hours ago, frany104 said:

He played that well their fans were overjoyed to see him leave. They couldn’t believe what we had paid for him. Let’s see where he goes next. It won’t be a prem team for sure

I don’t remember any Newcastle fans who were overjoyed to see him leave, he was a very well-liked player up there. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, The_77 said:

I don’t remember any Newcastle fans who were overjoyed to see him leave, he was a very well-liked player up there. 

He was Newcastles top scorer the season he left them for us

Where anybody has got the idea they were happy for him to leave is beyond me

• Like 3

I sincerely doubt Newcastle would have sold him for £18m, he was their top scorer twice in a row. They were selling to another PL club, unless the add-ons were 12m and were very obviously going to be activated it was a poor deal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hackneyfox said:

I'm still saying that 18m plus add-ons don't make 30m for Perez. Surely nobody pays 66% in add-ons.

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

Not sure how you get 66% add on with an upfront fee of 18m, leaving 12m in add ons.

12m add ons is 40% of the total fee of 30m 

A real paradox!

7 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Not sure why you would ever look at it that way, but each to there own  

Because the guaranted fee is £18m, if they break the day after the transfer, a la Fofana, that is all you will pay.

You may never get to pay the full fee including add-ons so surely the add-ons can only be seen as a percentage of the guaranted fee not the potential fee.

In fact as there are normally a number of add-ons the percentage they are would be keep changing everytime a new on was met.

Edited by hackneyfox

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.. are we now saying the agreed price was £18m!!!

It has been a constant disagreement being either £16m or £30m, where did this £18m come from.

On 23/10/2022 at 13:20,  Sly said: 

I think £30m is what Ashley stated. 

I’ve been informed it’s closer to £18m by various people. 

.... rumours of it being around that mark but add-ons brought it up to £30m, so

Well I was going from your post above that agreed with Sly that it was around £18m. 

38 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

On 23/10/2022 at 13:20,  Sly said: 

I think £30m is what Ashley stated. 

I’ve been informed it’s closer to £18m by various people. 

.... rumours of it being around that mark but add-ons brought it up to £30m, so

Well I was going from your post above that agreed with Sly that it was around £18m. 

....sorry I am completely lost with this, I did not agree with anyone that the price was £18m!!!

If anything I do believe it would have been £30m without any add-ons, at the time we were not exactly buying players at a good price and we have paid over the odds for poor quality before. Why would the platforms accept Ashley's figures and not something that Leicester would refute?

On 25/10/2022 at 23:29, sacreblueits442 said:

.... rumours of it being around that mark but add-ons brought it up to £30m, so either a flat £30m or a combination of achieved targets, the cost is still the same!!!

Fofana sale is said to be equal to the previous record, but so far all we have here is £70m, the add-ons are what will bump up the deal, it is what the final agreed payments are, not including salaries or bonuses.

Edited by hackneyfox

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/12/2022 at 12:54, The_77 said:

Don't you remember the Newcastle fan that visited us specifically to tell us that for £30m he would crawl to Leicester on his hands and knees with Ayoze on his back?  His words.

Stuck in my mind, that one. 

On 22/12/2022 at 18:09, moore_94 said:

Even if we did only pay £18m initially they will have no doubt got a decent amount of add ons from us as well anyway

100+ appearances

2x European Qualification

FA Cup win

For me he has been an okay player in his time with us, he has also spent the majority of that time being played out of position as well

Time to let him go home to Spain and get his wages off the books

I feel like he would have been a very important player for us if we hadn't had Maddison playing in Perez's preferred position. 

2 hours ago, murphy said:

Don't you remember the Newcastle fan that visited us specifically to tell us that for £30m he would crawl to Leicester on his hands and knees with Ayoze on his back?  His words.

Stuck in my mind, that one. 

One (extremely-troubled) Geordie doesn’t make a fan base! lol