Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fox in the sox

Radio Leicester coverage

11 hours ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Comes across as a massive tit 

It's not his fault. It's the BBC's for not telling him the bleedin obvious. 

“The BBC did not seem particularly to have grasped the juggernaut of social media"

What a buffoon. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, HybridFox said:

I miss the live phone-ins with Alan Young (hope he's keeping okay these days). Yes some callers talked sh*** but it's never been the same since 

Imagine him trying to pronounce Abdul Fatawu Issahaku. He'd butcher it18 different ways.

• Haha 2

Listened to when you’re smiling, I agree with Dom in some parts, but felt he contradicted himself in other parts. He seems a massive fan of Daka and believes he’s just out of form, whilst also dismissing playing 2 upfront. If you have a striker that’s ticking all the boxes except putting ball in net, another forward in place of Ndidi who offers nothing, would take the pressure off Daka, that’s the advantage you have, a player like nacho or cannon can play a deeper role and would help. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Listened to when you’re smiling, I agree with Dom in some parts, but felt he contradicted himself in other parts. He seems a massive fan of Daka and believes he’s just out of form, whilst also dismissing playing 2 upfront. If you have a striker that’s ticking all the boxes except putting ball in net, another forward in place of Ndidi who offers nothing, would take the pressure off Daka, that’s the advantage you have, a player like nacho or cannon can play a deeper role and would help. 

So you play Nacho (who has been turd all season) at the expense of either a highly mobile attacking midfielder (Ndidi or Akgun) or someone with technical skill (Praet) just to support Daka. In your scenario Nacho meanders around doing next to nothing pressing no one and we lose one of the midfield options.

I get the desire to do something different, but i also understand why Enzo isn't doing it stuff like this, especially as he doesn't have the Nacho bias the fans have. People seem so desperate to shoehorn Nacho in they forget what he is really bad at.  Think if you have a super creative outlet like Maddison and someone as clinical as Barnes you can make do and maybe benefit from the once a game thing Nacho might come up with. But we don't have that luxury. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Koke said:

Imagine him trying to pronounce Abdul Fatawu Issahaku. He'd butcher it18 different ways.

Never mind that, we had a game earlier in the season with all three of Mavididi, Ndidi and Marcal-Madivadua involved. I'd have paid good money to hear a man who couldn't remember Steve Howard's name get his head around the interplay between the three of them. lol

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

So you play Nacho (who has been turd all season) at the expense of either a highly mobile attacking midfielder (Ndidi or Akgun) or someone with technical skill (Praet) just to support Daka. In your scenario Nacho meanders around doing next to nothing pressing no one and we lose one of the midfield options.

I get the desire to do something different, but i also understand why Enzo isn't doing it stuff like this, especially as he doesn't have the Nacho bias the fans have. People seem so desperate to shoehorn Nacho in they forget what he is really bad at.  Think if you have a super creative outlet like Maddison and someone as clinical as Barnes you can make do and maybe benefit from the once a game thing Nacho might come up with. But we don't have that luxury. 

One interesting thing that Dom said was that the formation we play really benefits from a dribbling midfielder who is talented at going past players in one of the 8 positions. If you're up against two banks of five, passing between the lines is very difficult, whereas a player who can dribble through is much more likely to create chances. Both of our wingers can do that to an extent, but we struggle to do it from the middle, hence our difficulty against the deep block. 

It was also interesting (though not surprising) to hear his statistical analysis of our recent form. In the first half of the season we were comfortably outscoring our xG and conceding less than our xGC, but over the last ten games this has completely flipped - ie, we've scored far less than we should have and conceded far more. It suggests our overall play hasn't changed that much, but our efficiency at both ends of the pitch has just collapsed. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

One interesting thing that Dom said was that the formation we play really benefits from a dribbling midfielder who is talented at going past players in one of the 8 positions. If you're up against two banks of five, passing between the lines is very difficult, whereas a player who can dribble through is much more likely to create chances. Both of our wingers can do that to an extent, but we struggle to do it from the middle, hence our difficulty against the deep block. 

It was also interesting (though not surprising) to hear his statistical analysis of our recent form. In the first half of the season we were comfortably outscoring our xG and conceding less than our xGC, but over the last ten games this has completely flipped - ie, we've scored far less than we should have and conceded far more. It suggests our overall play hasn't changed that much, but our efficiency at both ends of the pitch has just collapsed. 

I suppose thats why when he is 'on it' we see KDH make these runs. Things have to be just right though (i.e ball needs to be on his left foot and he needs to be pointing in the right direction).  Would be nice to see Mavididi running through the middle more often.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, splinterdream said:

Yes, I really thought Dom was an excellent guest on the show. He really broke down Maresca's tactics and help articulate why we are struggling now vs earlier in the season. I thought Pipes did a good job of asking questions to help him dumb it down to my level of understanding lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Sounds like he might have a point regards unfair dismissal if that’s what he’s going for.

No chance. It's quite clear he wasn't allowed to do what he did and the examples he's used in defence are poor. Lineker isn't a BBC employee, he's freelance. Advertising walkers as freelance and accepting free gifts for runs are worlds apart.

It sounds like him and this fella have had it in for each other and he's bit off more than he can chew by trying to get him sacked first. He might very well be right that all this only come to light because he's grassed him up about COVID, but he can't prove that. 

Edited by Gamble92
  • Like 1

Seems bang to rights to me re the accepting (soliciting) gifts.

Might win on a technicality.

But for me, Stinger will always be a massive knob who attached himself to the club and never came across as sincere. In a bizarre way he reminded me of that royal correspondent Jennie Bond who seemed to think she was in the royal family rather than reporting on it. 

Still want to know what the rumoured misdemeanours are/were

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

No chance. It's quite clear he wasn't allowed to do what he did and the examples he's used in defence are poor. Lineker isn't a BBC employee, he's freelance. Advertising walkers as freelance and accepting free gifts for runs are worlds apart.

It sounds like him and this fella have had it in for each other and he's bit off more than he can chew by trying to get him sacked first. He might very well be right that all this only come to light because he's grassed him up about COVID, but he can't prove that. 

Seems the "investigation" for the gifts came immediately after he whistleblew about covid breach.. clearly he and the producer didnt get along and that was a trigger to get rid.

3 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

Seems the "investigation" for the gifts came immediately after he whistleblew about covid breach.. clearly he and the producer didnt get along and that was a trigger to get rid.

Sounds like that might be the case,  but he given them enough rope to hang him with by being so stupid didn't he? 

Plus it's impossible to prove that's why he went after him. The other matter was dealt with. It's really clutching at straws by Stringer. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

The Lineker isn't a  BBC emloyee, he's freelance is a bit of a BBC cop out really.

They used the excuse as a loophole so they didn't have to discipline him in regards to him airing his political views on his social media, which went against the BBC has to remain impartial mantra.

The fact is, Lineker is the face of Match of the day,  he is the main BBC presenter at World Cups and Europeon Championships, and also the main man at the BBC Sports Personality Of The Year.

It's not like he is a guest presenter who is only rarely used.

He may not be "on the books", but while he is working so much at the BBC, and being paid by the BBC, then he is in all but name a BBC Employee.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smudger63 said:

The Lineker isn't a  BBC emloyee, he's freelance is a bit of a BBC cop out really.

They used the excuse as a loophole so they didn't have to discipline him in regards to him airing his political views on his social media, which went against the BBC has to remain impartial mantra.

The fact is, Lineker is the face of Match of the day,  he is the main BBC presenter at World Cups and Europeon Championships, and also the main man at the BBC Sports Personality Of The Year.

He may not be "on the books", but while he is working so much at the BBC, and being paid by the BBC, then he is in all but name a BBC Employee.

And that's the important bit in court. 

I don't dispute anything you say and it is a case of who you are and not what you've done in this world. The BBC sack a local radio show host every day of the week for what Lineker did. 

But we are talking black and white, in court and this guy did this as a freelance is not a defense in any way shape or form. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, smudger63 said:

Why does he work for about 5 different companies then?

2 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Well he has his own companies too doesn't he.

Doesn't change the fact, in my eyes at least, that if he does work for the BBC, and is the highest earning broadcaster on the BBC payroll, that he is  in some part an employee of the BBC, and should be held to the standards and guidelines set out by the BBC.

Guidelines  that I don't agree with by the way, I think people should be able to air their own opinions regardless of the organisation they do work for, but ultimately the BBC didn't uphold him to theirs, despite doing so with others, and just used his "I'm freelance" explanation as a cop out, and an excuse not to discipline him in the way they would for some others.

12 hours ago, hebangsthedrums said:

Seems bang to rights to me re the accepting (soliciting) gifts.

Might win on a technicality.

But for me, Stinger will always be a massive knob who attached himself to the club and never came across as sincere. In a bizarre way he reminded me of that royal correspondent Jennie Bond who seemed to think she was in the royal family rather than reporting on it. 

Still want to know what the rumoured misdemeanours are/were

A great comparison that. 

It always felt as though he had one eye on the camera, that his commentary was often rehearsed and that he sought to promote himself at every opportunity. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I think people get annoyed he's paid so much by the BBC so effectively want to call him a BBC employee. The truth is he's the best football presenter and he could get even more elsewhere. 

• Like 2